InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meant to Be ❯ Chapter 6

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Jinx: something's up? The numbers are all wrong I think this is supposed to be chapter 6?

Mike: maybe it's just you

Jinx: maybe you're just an ASSHOLE!

Cindy: oh good one jinx, *sigh*

Greetings All I have decided to post two more chapters in honor of Vellakitty and ViciousVamp. They have reviewed my story and have shown interest in it. I appreciate all the comments guys! I will try my best to continue posting the story for you. As for the rest of you, *glares out at everyone reading this chapter*, Please Review and tell me what you think. Now on with the chapter!

Chapter 6

The lone figure that was in the tree saw when the arrow hit the girl in the chest and his deed was done. The girl was now dead. Even if she wasn't the arrow that he had gotten from Kikyou insured her death. For it would not allow Inuyasha to remove the arrow and the girl will just bleed to death. Kouga smiled at the thought of the girl dying and that mutt face getting what he deserved for interfering with his plans. `I will rule this land free from the invaders and with Kikyou at my side. Nothing is going to prevent me from achieving this goal.' Kouga then leapt from tree to tree getting away as fast as possible from the enraged hanyou. Because even he knows that if you get him pissed enough he would be a formidable force to be reckon with. He had no desire to get into a fight with him without any backup.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Inuyasha had reached the girl and was staring at her `no this can't be happening, Why? Why would anyone want to hurt her? She has done nothing. She is new to the tribe and knew nothing of our ways.' He reached down and noticed that she was still breathing and tried to remove the arrow from her chest to treat the wound. When he touched the arrow he screamed a blood-curdling scream and let go of the arrow while it burned his hand as he had tried to remove it. (Mike: ouch Jinx: I'll give you something to say ouch about *holds up fist* Cindy: now children. Jinx: oh come on Cindy you know you want to knock he's block off sometimes too. Cindy: nope can't say I have.)

At that moment an old woman appeared next to the girl and Inuyasha became enraged. Quickly getting up he made to attack the old woman thinking that she had hurt his Kagome. The old woman seeing him quickly came to a stop and said "Inuyasha if ye want to save the girl ye must help me. I can remove the arrow where ye could not. But unless I do so quickly she will die" hearing her words Inuyasha quickly stopped his advance and nodded his head in agreement that he understood what she had said. He allowed her to get close to the girl. The old woman then went and kneeled next to the girl and looked at her wound before speaking.

"Inuyasha I need ye to get some clean water in this" she handed him a small pot so he could gather the water. He quickly took it and headed toward the river. The old woman then turned her attention on the girl and quietly spoke to her. "Young lady, ye must fight to heal thy body ye can do this. If ye do not ye will die." The old women then started chanting a spell, as she did Kagome began to glow a beautiful blue as her aura started to get stronger. The old woman then reached for the arrow and pulled it from the girl's chest. Kagome screamed when it was removed and then fell silent. Inuyasha hearing Kagome scream was at her side in an instant. "What are you doing to her you old hag?" His fists were curled and ready to pound the living daylights out of the old woman who dared hurt his Kagome. The old woman sighed and placed a bandage on Kagome's chest to stop the flow of blood. "Worry ye not Inuyasha I have merely removed the arrow from her chest".

Seeing that the arrow was gone from her chest be breathed a sigh of relief and kneeled next to the girl. He stared at the old woman and then spoke. "Who are you old woman? You seem to know my name but I don't know you." The old woman looked up from her work and said, "I am Kaede, I know ye because I know your father Inuyasha." Inuyasha stared at her for a few minutes before he could answer her. "You know my father?" "Yes, I have known him for many years. I am the medicine woman who lives in this forest. My knowledge is vast and I treat all. Whether it is human, demon, or animal, I care for the life in this forest and all who passes through here." Inuyasha nodded his understanding of this. He had heard his father speak of such a powerful medicine woman/spiritual leader who lived in the forest in solitude. He looked at her with pleading eyes. "Is she going to be all right?" He asked with pleading eyes. Kaede looked at him and said, "It is up to her whether she lives or dies. I have done all I can, now we must wait." They both sat down next to the unconscious girl and waited to see if Kagome will live or die. (Mike: do you think she lives? Jinx: I kn…… Cindy: *covers Jinx's mouth* she doesn't know anything.)

Kagome started to wake up but she was no longer in the forest by the river. It was black and she couldn't see anything. "Where am I? I heard Inuyasha call my name but when I turned around I felt this pain in my chest." She looked around trying to see were she was but it was still all black. She got on her feet and slowly started to walk. As she was walking she saw some light off in the distance so she made her way there. By the time she got there she was weak from the journey and her chest hurt even more. What she saw there took her by surprise. There in front of her were two people tied up with something that didn't look like rope. As she approached she noticed that one of the figures started to move and turned their heads towards her. She notices that one figure had a beautiful star on her forehead and her eyes were blue/gray like hers but with a tint of gold in them. She glowed, a bright blue that seemed to indicate great power, a glow that almost blinded her. The other figure had a half moon on her forehead, her hair was the same color as Inuyasha but with black streaks running though it she noticed that this girl was unconscious.

She looked at both figure bewildered. "Who are you?" She asked the one with the star. She seemed to be the most alert of the two. The figure turned her head ever so slightly and said "I am the part of you that has been sealed here for many years. Please release me so I can help you heal." Kagome looked at her with surprised. "You are a part of me?" "Yes, many years ago I was sealed to prevent people from knowing who you really were. I have been waiting to be released. Please release me so I can help you, if you don't we will both die" Kagome walked over to her. She looked at what was binding her and said, "How do I release you? This isn't something that I can cut through or untie." The figure turned her head to look at the girl. All you have to do is put your hands on the bindings. I will help you free me" Kagome looked at the other figure that laid on the ground and said "what about her? Do we free her too?" The figure responded, "No, not now, it is not her time to be freed. Please hurry our time is running out."

Kagome turned back around and placed her hands on the binding. The binding started glowing and became really bright, and then all of a sudden it burst releasing the girl that it had imprisoned for all these years. Once the girl was released she stood up straight and reached for Kagome. "Now we become one again, your memories will start to return once we are united" she touched Kagome on the forehead and they both started to glow a pretty blue and began to merge into one being.

Inuyasha was sitting by Kagome looking deep into her face. She seemed to be fighting something or struggling to wake up. He looked on with concern when all of a sudden she started to glow a bright blue. The light that came from her was bright and full of life. It had energy and it engulfed her body fully. Her whole body lifted from the ground as he quickly got to his feet and stared at her in awe. "Kaede! What is happening to her?" Kaede looked at the floating girl and smiled. `She must have broken the spell that binds her, but I feel that not the entire spell has been broken. There is still one more that needs to be broken.' Kaede then turned her attention to Inuyasha "She is fine she is trying to heal the wound caused by the arrow. She is a powerful medicine woman."

Inuyasha eyes widen with disbelief, `how can she be a medicine woman' he looked at Kaede and said "are you sure about this? She is a stranger to our tribe. She has not shown any sign of power. She has only been with us a day." Kaede soften her eyes and spoke "young one, I do know about these things, here I will show you" Kaede slowly started to glow a bright blue just like Kagome, then she reached out and combined her strength with the girls. Kaede saw as the wound in Kagome's chest started to disappear and heal. Then Kagome slowly came to rest on the ground in the same position as she was before.

He quickly went to her and removed the bandage and sure enough the wound was healed. He looked at Kaede who was now sitting on the ground panting. "Are you all right old woman? You look like crap." Kaede had to laugh at his insult. "I will be all right young one" she saw him bristle as she called him young one then explained. "I call ye young one because ye are young. Once ye have lived as long as I have everyone around ye is young" she noticed that he relaxed a bit but still had his attention on the girl. "Inuyasha she will be alright now. She just needs some rest. I must be going for there are others who need my help." She slowly got up to leave and Inuyasha said, "Thank you for helping her, I am in your debt."

This statement caused her to turn around and look at the young man. She was about to say something but thought better of it and just turned around again and started to leave. She stopped again because she had one more thing to give him before she left. "Inuyasha, please accept this, it will help ye to protect the young girl." When she turned around she had a little kitten sitting in her palms. It meowed and then jumped out of her hands and went and lay down next to Kagome. He looked at her puzzled. "How could this kitten help me protect Kagome?" Do not judge on appearance Inuyasha, her name is Kirara" she turned to the cat and said "Kirara transform please" the cat transformed into a larger version of itself with three tails burning and fire on her feet. Kaede looked at Inuyasha's expression and said, "I told ye do not underestimate things, for they never seem what they truly are. Kirara will help protect the girl. Please take good care of her" she turned around and left. (Jinx: do you think she comes back in one piece? Mike: it's not my place to tell Cindy: I don't think she buys it mike.)

Inuyasha looked at the giant cat and said "Well Kirara, welcome to the tribe."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Mike: ok so because you all think of me as your leader.

Jinx and Cindy humph!

Mike: I am!

Jinx: *punches Mike*

Mike: OUCH! That hurt, what was that for?

Jinx: if you can't take a tiny little hit from a girl then you can't be the leader.

Cindy: good way of looking at it.

Enjoyed the chapter and remember to REVIEW!!!!