InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meant to Be ❯ Chapter 7

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Mike: sorry Cindy it's just me today *sigh*

Cindy: that's ok mike you're much better company then Jinx.

Jinx: Hey! I'm still here you know!

Mike and Cindy: Oops!

Chapter 7

Kagome awoke to find that she was not alone. There was a fire burning on her right side and on her left she found Inuyasha lying next to her. He had his arm around her waist and was snuggled up to her keeping her warm. She looked up into his sleeping face. `He looks so peaceful just lying there asleep. He is just so cute!' She let out a small giggle. His ears twitched a little before stopping and staying still. She moved his arm just a little so she could get up. This was a hard task in itself because every time she moved from his grasped he would pull her tighter against him and whisper "MINE!" She eventually got free from his grasp and stood up slowly allowing her legs to get used to her weight again. She was extremely hungry. She hasn't eaten at all the day before. Her memory started to come back to her as her medicine/spiritual powers are now merged with her, a great deal of understanding was revealing it self. She had to have time to understand it all but first things first. She was hungry and needed food. (Jinx: *grumbles* Cindy and Mike: it was only a joke we knew you were behind us the whole time.)

She walked over to the horse and looked in the bags it was carrying. She spotted a bow and a quiver of arrows, but no food. She took the bow and the quiver of arrows and placed them on her back and started to go into the forest. `I guess I'm just going to hunt for food then'. Just then a small kitten came out and rubbed itself on her leg. She looked down and saw the cute kitten and reached for her. Once in her arms she petted her and she purred. Kagome giggled a little and said in a whisper "where did you come from? Do you want to go hunting with me?" She heard the kitten meow as if saying she would go with her. Kagome then placed her on the ground and said, "All right lets go get some food." The kitten meowed happily and went along with the girl.

Kagome did not have to search for very long. By the light of the full moon she spotted several rabbits in a clearing. She took her bow and an arrow and locked it in place. She waited for her shot and then let the arrow go. She got two rabbits with one shot. She walked over to them, offered them her apologies for killing them then walked back to camp.

Now for the task at hand `I have to clean these then cook them'. Kagome looked at the fire and notice that it was starting to go out. There was a pile of wood near the fire so she just threw some more on. She then walked over to the horse and found a knife in one of the packs. She proceeded to skin the rabbits careful not to damage the pelts and then cleaned them in the river. Once this was done she looked around the forest for some herbs to cook the rabbit with and found some. She found some big leaves that her mother had told her about that will enable her to cook the rabbits in. She went to the river and got the leaves wet. Adding the herbs to the rabbit meat she placed them all in the leaf and wrapped them up. She then put them in the fire being careful not put hot embers on them and let the heat of the fire roast the rabbits. (Jinx: Rabbit? Now that's one of the things I'd like to try one of these days. Mike: not me! Cindy: *sigh*)

She then turned her attention to the pelts and started stretching them; she needed to make sure that they were clean of all blood and muscle. She stopped and stared at what she was doing. `How do I know about all of this stuff? I've never killed or cleaned a rabbit before. It must be my medicine/spiritual powers bringing back some of my memories. This is so confusing!' She shook her head and continued to work.

About an hour later Inuyasha started to stir. His nose was picking up this wonderful aroma and it was making his stomach growl. He slowly opened his golden eyes to see where that wonderful aroma was come from. He noticed in an instant that Kagome was no longer lying next to him. He quickly sat up and looked around. He spotted her on the other side of the fire with her back to him. He noticed that the fire was going pretty good and that there was food being cooked somewhere in there. His eyes flashed with anger. `Who the fuck went hunting for her, I am the only one that is suppose to provide for her.' He then got up and walked slowly towards the girl. He noticed that she was stretching a rabbit pelt and was making sure it was clean. This made him even more enraged. He took another step forward and was standing behind the girl. (Mike: so your telling me that if I don't ……..Jinx: would you just shut up! Cindy: what are you guys talking about? Jinx: I don't know I just wanted to yell at him.)

Kagome felt eyes on her back and stopped what she was doing and slowly turned around. What she saw was a very angry Inuyasha. She automatically turned fully around and scooted back from him. Inuyasha saw her reaction and said, "Who the fuck went hunting for you when I was asleep?" She stared at him confused for a minute and was about to answer him when all of a sudden he had leapt putting had his hand around her throat and had her pinned to the ground. Her eyes were wide with shock. She tried to get free from his grasp but couldn't. He asked again "Who went fucking hunting for you when I was asleep? That's my job to provide for you, no one else's." Kagome tried to answer him but couldn't she saw his eyes turn red and she was scared. The only thing she could do is whimper at him with a small bark.

Inuyasha's eyes turned back to their original golden color as he stared at the girl that he held in his grasp. `Had she just spoke inu youkai language to me?' He heard another whimper and same small bark.

: Pack female sorry:

Was all he heard, he realized what he was doing and released her from his grasp. She lay on the ground crying holding her neck. He picked her up in his arms and tried to clam the scared girl. All the while speaking to her in Inu youkai language,

: Pack female forgiven, Beta male not mad:

Was what he said to her, she seemed to understand because she quieted down, After a few minutes of him rubbing her back to get her to stop crying he pulled her away from him and lifted her chin up so he could look at her. Her expression was one of hurt and worry. Worry that he might hurt her again. So he leaned forward and kissed her tears away before he started speaking. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to grab you like that, but it is my responsibility to provide for you and I get angry if any male oversteps his boundaries." Kagome looked into those beautiful golden eyes that she so dearly loved and answered him. "No one hunted for me. I did it myself. I was hungry and wanted some food. When I didn't find any food in the bags I got the bow and arrow and went hunting. You were sleeping and I didn't want to wake you, you looked like you could use the rest. I caught two rabbits and now they are cooking in the fire."

Inuyasha was shocked. She had just answered his question in his tongue. His eyes were as big as a saucer as he stared at her. She was confused at first; she didn't know why he was staring at her like that. Then she realized that she spoken in his tongue, `damn' she thought. She quickly looked to the ground and muttered an apology to him. "You speak my tongue?" said a shocked Inuyasha. She nodded yes to his question. "How long have you known my language?" She had to think on this one she didn't want him getting mad if she said she had understood everything he was saying since he found her. So she did the next best thing, she lied. "Since I woke up, I feel strange not the same as before. I feel like something has been awakening from a long sleep" it was truth in what she had told him to an extent.

She looked at the fire and realized that the rabbit should be done. "Are you hungry? The rabbit should be cooked." He looked at her and nodded yes. She went over to the fire and grabbed one of the packages. She opened it up and put the contents in a bowl she found in one of the packs and handed it to him. He took it and his senses went wild. `This smells really good.' He took a bite of the rabbit meat and was instantly in heaven. Never before had he tasted food like this. He ate like it was the first time he had eaten in days. It was the most wonderful thing he had ever had. He looked at her and saw her eating and feeding Kirara at the same time. "I see you have meet Kirara." He said as he watched her. "Kirara?" asked Kagome. "Yes, her name is Kirara and she was given to me by a friend that said she would help me protect you." Kagome eyebrow rose just a bit and then resumed eating her food.

When she was done she cleaned up everything and put it away. It was still in the middle of the night so she decided to go back to sleep. Inuyasha watched as she drifted off to sleep once again. `What kind of woman is she? She is so full of surprises. Kaede told me not to underestimate her but I guess I did' he chuckled to himself. He got up and went over to where she was sleeping and lay down next to her. While he put his arm around her small waist, quickly falling asleep while his mind screamed. "MINE!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~

Jinx: *grabs box* MINE!

Mike: *grabs Cindy* MINE!

Jinx: now wait that is not going to work

Mike: why?

Cindy: because you're gay Mike!

Mike: I know that but at least I can own her right

Jinx and Cindy: HELL NO!

Mike: FINE! *Grumbles*

Remember to REVIEW!!!!!