InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meant to Be ❯ Chapter 11

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

I would like to thank everyone for being patient with us on the updates. Sometimes we have to deal with real life situations and it's hard for us to keep going. But to those faithful reviewers my hats off to you because at least you tell me what you really think of the story the others, well lets just say I can't read minds. So without further ado:

Jinx: alright Vellakitty, do you think you can handle this *hands Vellakitty a box*

Vellakitty: yeah! *grabs box*

Mike: but we are going to warn you they are evil!

Cindy: *watches as boxy hits Vellakitty on head*

Jinx: you tried warning her *steps over Vellakitty*

Mike: *sigh* oh well

Cindy: *kicks Vellakitty* she's still alive, so we can get on with the story.

Chapter 11

The sun moved across the land in a somber mood. A lone figure stood guard over his son's soon to be mate. She was worthy to be called that for she had almost given her life to protect the tribe and especially his son. He feared that the battle was not over yet. For as long as Inuyasha has not claimed the girl as his own others would come. They would seek the power she has to protect their tribe. Until she gave her pledge to protect just one tribe others will come to challenge. For this reason we must protect her until she becomes my sons mate she is distend for this, I don't know how I know but I know this girl is my son's soul mate.

The previous night had been a challenge for all of them. Inuyasha and Kagome have not awoken since their return and this upset him. He didn't know if his son was hurt or just needed to regain his strength after the battle. His son had made the request that he protect the girl while he slept. He had agreed to his request but as soon as he placed the girl on the ground he collapsed next to her, the girl then raised a barrier. They have not been able to get close to them since. The barrier allows no one in if the girl chooses not to. Since they could not be moved he opted to stay here another night for some much needed rest. (Mike: now if we could only get Jinx to rest *thinks* Cindy: I agree with you *thinks with mike* Jinx: *holds bridge of nose* for go sakes, please lets not do this again *sigh*)

Sango had kept her vigil over the sleeping couple. Not being able to tend to Kagome's wounds was taking its toll on the girl. She has been up since the break of dawn hoping to catch a movement from them showing signs of recovery. But they had not stirred. The only movement was some time in the middle of the night when Inuyasha had moved closer to the girl taking her in his embrace. Since that time he has not moved. He told Sango and Miroku that Kagome could indeed speak their tongue. She had been hiding it for her safety from when she was attacked before. But now that the danger was gone he saw no reason to keep this a secret any more

So they sat and waiting to see if they will wake up from the healing sleep that has taken them. As the sun started setting on the uneventful day he saw his son move for the first time since they came back. He slowly opened his eyes to see where he was. He yawned and stretched being careful not to awaken the girl in his arms. Then he slowly started to sit up being careful to lay her back down to rest. When he stood it was very slowly at first. He was testing his legs to make sure it would support his body. When he was sure that he had a solid footing he walked toward the barrier and as soon as he did the barrier broke.

Sango breathed a sigh of relief because now she was able to tend to Kagome's wounds, as she moved closer to the sleeping girl Inuyasha blocked her path. She tried to move to the other side but he blocked again this time giving out a loud growl coming from deep in his throat. He was in his protective mode and will not allow anyone to get near the girl. Seeing this Inutaisho moved in between Sango and his son. Inuyasha seeing his father took a step back and crouched next to the girl. There is only one way to break him out of his protection mode. (Jinx: *evil thoughts* Mike: how is you having "evil thoughts" different from any other day? Cindy: this is true.)

: Beta male:

: Yes, Leader male:

: Submit to Leader male:

: No must protect pack female:

: It is the job of leader male to protect pack do you challenge?

: No leader male:

: Then submit beta male:

Inuyasha had to think for a few minutes before he slowly raised he head up showing his throat to his father in an act of submission then he whimpered his apologies to him. Inutaisho accepted his submission and motioned him to come and sit with him while Sango tended to Kagome's wounds. But before she approached Inutaisho said "Be careful not to hurt her for if she cries out I would not be able to stop him from attacking you." Sango nodded that she understood and went to treat Kagome. She quickly removed the bandages and found that the wounds were completely healed. For some reason this did not surprise her in the least bit. She had fully expected to be treating all kinds of wounds last night but instead everyone that came back from the battle had no wounds except Miroku. Kagome in her haste to get to Inuyasha healed all of the members of the tribe. Kagome had used the last of her strength to protect them from harm and had nothing left to heal Miroku with. `I couldn't believe all the cuts he had over his body. He could have died from his injuries if left untreated.' Sango had treated Miroku's wounds and kept a vigil over him until this morning. They had lost no one last night and for this they were grateful. (Jinx: Hey! Give me that back! Mike: no! Cindy: what are you two fighting about? Jinx: he took my pudding! Mike: it was mine before it was yours! Jinx: was not! Mike: was too! Jinx: was not! Mike: was too! Cindy: *in background* HA! Mike got the last word!!!!! Jinx: *glares at Cindy*)

Inuyasha sat across from his father in silence. After a few minutes Inuyasha broke the silence and asked, "How long have I been asleep?" "You have been asleep for one day. Since you arrived here yesterday and asked me to protect Kagome while you slept." He looked down and saw that he was wearing a sword and said, "Where did I get this from?" "From what I was told Kagome gave it to you last night. She said it will help you protect the one's you love." Comprehension started to settle in Inuyasha mind as he remembered more of what happened the previous day. He was still tired and needed to sleep. "I'm still tired I think I'll go and lay down for a while." "Do you want anything to eat first Sango has made some food." Inuyasha had to think about this for a minute then nodded yes. Sango brought some food over to him and he silently ate it. It was not Kagome's food but it was still good.

He slowly stood on his legs, thanked Sango for the meal and turned toward Kagome. Sango looked at Inuyasha with concern. "What is it Sango?" asked Inutaisho "He has never said thank you to anyone before, I'm afraid that he is getting sick" Inutaisho had to laugh at this, yes his son never offered his thanks to anyone, but there is always a first time for everything, and this girl has definitely changed him.

When Inuyasha reached the sleeping girl he reached down and gently picked her up in his arms. He was careful not to wake her from her healing sleep and gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead. He then turned around and went to sit against a tree with the girl in his lap. He pulled her close to him as he buried his nose in her hair. He gave a sigh of relieve and fell asleep, holding on to the one person that has seemed to calm his soul. (Jinx: *protects pudding from mike* MINE! Mike: I don't want it any way! *turns back to jinx* Cindy: oh yeah real mature Mike.)

Inutaisho sat there keeping guard over his children. Yes he considered them his children for both girls have earned a special place in his heart. Kagome for taming the wild beast of his son and for Sango for changing the perverted ways of his adopted son. Yes he had noticed the subtle changes in Miroku. He no longer wished to watch the bathing maidens by the stream; he had interest in only one. He no longer let his hands wonder over other women's butts just the one. But lately he has been avoiding the girl; `I have to find out what is wrong before he does something stupid.'

At that point Miroku made his appearance at their camp. He looked tired and exhausted. He told Miroku to sit by him because he wanted to have a talk with him. "Miroku, what is wrong with you? You have been avoiding Sango like the plague, this is not like you." Inutaisho watched as his son squirmed in his seat, and then with a sigh of defeat, he answered him. "I have been having these feelings for Sango; lately I can't seem to keep my hands off her. I don't want her to get mad at me so I stay away from her." "Why don't you tell her how you feel? I'll tell you what I have told Inuyasha before, unless you show your true feelings for the girl she may not be around for you to have. A female tends to fight to stay with the one she loves, but if she feels rejected or is an outcast then she will give up the will to live. I almost made that mistake with Inuyasha's mother. I didn't tell her how I felt because of my stupid pride, and I almost lost her. But when I finally got enough courage to tell her everything was fine. You must find it within yourself to tell the girl how you feel about her or you will loose her."

Miroku looked at his father with sadden eyes and nodded his agreement that this was something that he had to deal with. He slowly stood up, said good night to his father and went to lie down near Sango. After a few minutes he too was asleep next to the girl of his dreams. He watched over both his sleeping son's and soon to be daughter in-laws. This made him proud. That his son's have finally found mates, now if only Sesshoumaru could find himself a mate he would be the happiest man alive. Sesshoumaru, his eldest son, I have not seen him in a long while, not since that day he left to form his own tribe to the west. He hoped that one day he would get to see his son again. With that silence took over the camp as the lone figure stood their looking at the stars and keeping watch over his family, which he dearly loved. (Mike: *jumps for joy* I got some pudding! I got some pudding! Cindy: where'd you get that? Mike: I took it form jinx. Cindy: if she finds out….Jinx: MIKE! *comes running towards them* Cindy: I think you'd better run. Mike: way ahead of you! *runs really fast in other direction*)

During the middle of the night Inutaisho noticed a glow coming from Inuyasha and Kagome. The glow surrounded both figures as they slept. Inuyasha aura had the color of gold and Kagome's aura was blue they both surrounded one another, as if discovering the others soul for the first time. They moved and mingled until they were just one and there it stayed as they slept, protecting them and joining together as one soul should be.

The next morning Inuyasha opens his eyes as the sun began to rise. He lifted his head off the sleeping girl in his arms and looked around to see everyone was still sleeping. He wanted to put the girl down but found that sometime in the middle of the night she had wrapped her arms around him on the inside of his shirt. Her touch warmed his heart. She was gently breathing against his chest and he smiled. `I wonder if I could wake her up with a kiss.' He looked around not wanting to get caught if someone woke while he was having his moment with Kagome he decided to pick the sleeping girl up and go into the forest.

When he found the right place he sat by the river looking up at the sunrise as the wind gently blew. Kagome snuggled closer to him as the wind hit her. He in turn wrapped his arms around her even more holding her closer to his heart. This felt good, this felt right it was all he ever wanted to feel loved, to belong, and to protect. He pulled his eyes from the sunrise, `I never thought that sunrise could look so beautiful. I've always hated it because no one should be up at this time in the morning but with Kagome in my arms it feels like the right way to start the day.'

He pulled away slowly and raises her head ever so slightly to gaze at the sleeping girl, `she is so beautiful, and I don't believe she is here with me, it must be a dream.' He lowered his head and gently kissed her on the lips. Her lips were so warm to the touch and as sweet as nectar. She started to stir and soon was returning his kiss. He moved his tongue on the lower portion of her lips asking silently for entrance. He was surprised when she granted him entrance to her mouth. Not one to waste time he gently reached in and explored every bit of her mouth, rivaling in the sweet taste of her juices. They finally broke apart for much needed air and looked at her golden eyes with a hint of blue/gray. He was surprised to see that her eyes have changed color. Her eyes were no longer blue/gray with a hint of gold but the other way around. He noticed that a star had appeared on her forehead, a beautiful golden star signifying her power as a healer. He smiled at her and said, "Good morning did you sleep well?" She nodded yes and then tried to sit up but found that he wouldn't let her go.

"Inuyasha why won't you let me sit up?" "Because I love holding you like this, and besides there is something that I want now that your fully awake" "and what might that be?" "You'll find out" was the last thing he said as he lowered his lips to meet hers. He was less than inch away from her when he heard "Am I interrupting anything?" It was Miroku, they had been caught and he still didn't get the kiss he wanted when she was fully awake. Frustrated beyond reasoning he said "Miroku, this had better be important or your dead meat" Miroku looked at his brother with concern he was starting to growl deep in his throat and his eyes turned red with anger. He slowly backed up from him and said "I'm just the messenger; your father wants you now." Miroku turned tail and ran as fast as his legs could take him. (Jinx: *slams mike's head into bed mattress* don't ever take my pudding again! *slam* Cindy: come on jinx, into a mattress? I know you can do better then that?! Jinx: *grabs pudding* yeah but *takes a bite* I didn't want to spill the pudding everywhere *big smile* Cindy: *sigh*)

Inuyasha sighed and Kagome chuckled at what Miroku said. "I guess we better get going." He smiled an evil smile "not before I get what I want, my father can wait" with that he moved his head closer to her and kissed her again, she wrapped her arms around his neck to bring him closer to her. His tongue was in her mouth and they were really enjoying themselves when a howl came from the direction of the camp. It was dad and he wanted him now! Inuyasha looked down at Kagome and sighed "we better get back before dad comes after us and I don't think he is in a good mood right now." "Well o.k. But you might want to wait for a few minutes though." "Why?"

When she got off his lap she pointed down and said "because of that!" Inuyasha looked down and turned 100 shades of red. He had a tent the size of a mountain and Kagome was enjoying every minute of it. "So you think this is funny do you?" "Yes, I think it's wonderful now you get to feel it instead of it poking me." She was laughing so hard that she almost fell to the ground. Inuyasha was mad at himself for letting this happen but his tent was not going down anytime soon not with her around. So he tried to pounce on her, Kagome saw what he was going to do and took off in the direction of the camp where Inuyasha's father waited.

As she approached the camp she ran right into Inutaisho, literally, she fell with a `thud' on the ground. He looked down at her and asked, "Where is Inuyasha?" "Oh, um he's coming, he an um has a little problem to deal with right now" she turned 5 shades of red while turning away from Inuyasha's father. He shook his head with understanding. `Got himself a boner did he, well that will teach him to come when I call for him. I knew they were about to get into trouble. He has to do things right to get the girl to mate with him or she would refuse him. I don't think he has even asked her yet.'

A few minutes later a very wet and cold Inuyasha was standing in front of this father looking at the ground. "Sorry dad I was in the river when you called but I came as soon as possible." "No Inuyasha you would have if I haven't called you back here. I will explain the details of the mating rituals later right now we have to make plans to leave we are already a day behind were we need to be for the winter lands." (Mike: *holds head* man, my head hurts. Cindy: *gives mike an `are you stupid look'* you do know she just slammed your head into a mattress right? So why does your head hurt? Mike: really? Cindy: yeah *nods head and smiles while walking away*)

They discussed the best route to take while Kagome and Sango finished packing the horses. Once they had the route planned out they headed toward the lead scouts, they gave them the information and turned around toward the back of the tribe where Kagome and Sango were. "Hey, sorry for this morning but dad did send me out to get you." "It's no problem I still got what I wanted and more." He said with a big smile on his face "Oh, you got a boner, that's why you were all wet." "Hey!!" Miroku threw his hands up in the air and said, "Hey, you don't think I get them with Sango around! I know exactly how cold the river is on a daily bases so don't even think about it." Inuyasha looked at Miroku then asked him "Hey Miroku, do you love Sango?" Miroku was taken by surprise with Inuyasha bold question but he answered truthfully "yes I do." They both looked at each other and then started laughing.

"I wonder what my father meant by mating rituals?" "Well I don't know much about the mating rituals for demons but for human the man must first ask if she would consent to be his mate. If she happens to say no then you can't touch her." "You mean I wouldn't be able to kiss Kagome anymore?" "Well that and other things" "what other things?" "I will just let dad tell you that part. He is better at it." When they reached the girls everything was already packed and the girls were seated on the horses and were ready to go so they both climbed on and followed the rest of the tribe to the south.

~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jinx: *eats pudding in front of mike* yum mike, this pudding is so good *takes bite* to bad you can't have any to enjoy it with me.

Mike: you are so mean on so many leaves.

Cindy: you do know you did steal her pudding, right? I think you deserve it.

Mike: *glares at Cindy*

Cindy: don't you glare at me! I'll kick your ass!

I hope that you liked the chapter. Please REVIEW and let me know what you think because I can't read your minds. *I wish I could though that would be great*