InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meant to Be ❯ Chapter 14

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Mike and Cindy: *watch jinx do dance*

Mike: she's in this chapter isn't she?

Cindy: *sigh* yep

Mike and Cindy: *continues watching jinx*

Chapter 14

Kagome and Sango had gone to sleep by the time Inuyasha and Miroku made it back from the village. Sesshomaru had insisted that they stay eat with him in honor of their arrival. Inuyasha had protested loudly about leaving Kagome alone for too long but his father had explained to him in not so many words that he was going to stay there and like it. He noticed that Kagome and Sango had cooked dinner and left their food on the fire to keep warm. He looked at Miroku and asked him if he wanted any dinner. He happily agreed and ate the meal that the women in their lives prepared for them. The girls cooking was a hell of a lot better than the meal given to them at the village. Once they where done they each went over to their individual women and laid down next to them. Inuyasha noticed that Kagome as shivering from the cold night air so he cuddled next to her to keep her warm, she stopped shivering upon feeling the warmth of his body. He buried his nose in her hair as he would do every night and fell into a restful sleep all the while muttering "Mine!" (Jinx: *waits impatiently* Mike: *chuckles* Cindy: you know that is funny)

The next morning Kagome woke up to a very protective hanyou holding on to her for dear life. She couldn't move because he held her so tight. She enjoyed the feeling of being in his arms. She felt safe and loved in his embrace. She nuzzled her nose under his chin and licked him briefly. A few minutes later the hanyou stirred and released her. She took this opportunity to get up and move away from him before he pulled her back down.

She didn't make it. He was way faster than her and had grabbed her arm and pulled her back to him. He nuzzled her neck causing a new sensation to run down her spine. She had never felt like this before and she like it. He began to trail kiss down her neck, at one point without her knowing it she had submitted to him, she had completely relaxed in his embrace and raised her chin up lightly to allow him access to her neck. His nostrils flared and his eyes started to turn red he was picking up a scent from Kagome and was absolutely irresistible he couldn't hold back his instincts.

Kagome choose that time to speak to Inuyasha "Inuyasha please let me go so I can get breakfast ready. I'm really enjoying what you are doing but you must go meet your father soon and I want you to have something to eat before you go, please." Inuyasha eyes returned to their normal color and he released the girl from his arms but before he let her go he gave her a very passionate kiss. One that shook Kagome to her core it left her with desire for him. She looked into his eyes and scratched his ears ever so gently and whispered into his ear. "I think I'm falling in love with you" before she moved away from him. This simple statement made his heart race. `She loves me; she really said that she loved me.' This was going to be the beginning of a wonderful day. (Jinx: aw…now get to my part damn it! Mike and Cindy: *stands back as they watch steam come out of Jinx's ears*)

After breakfast Inuyasha had to find his father. He wanted to ask him a very important question before they went to see Sesshomaru. He found his father with the village elders and waited until he had completed his business. When the elders left he approached his father, "Hey dad I have a question to ask you" "Sure, what's the question" Inuyasha took a deep breath and said, "I want to have your permission to mate." This statement caught Inutaisho off guard but it was not unexpected. He knew that he would want to mate with Kagome at sometime so he decided to tease his son. "Whom do you want to mate with?" Inuyasha looked at his father with an expression that said do you really have to ask me but instead said, "Kagome" "Have you asked her yet?" asked his father with a raised eye brow, "No, I wanted your permission first incase you said no and I had to argue the point with you." Inuyasha had crossed his arms over his chest to prove that he was ready to argue the point with his father. Inutaisho laughed at his son's statement and said, "You have my permission to mate with Kagome, but we must have a talk first on the mating ritual" Inuyasha nodded yes and sat down next to his father. He was so happy that he given his permission for him to mate that he listen to what he had to do in the mating ritual.

"The mating ritual is a ritual which ties the life of the mate to one another. In other words she will live as long as you and you as long as her. Inu Youkai mate for life so this is a life bond, you must share your blood with her and she must do the same with you, when your bloods mix the bond will start to form. A mark is given on each other's neck to signify that you are a mated pair for life and that the female cannot be touched. Do you understand what I have said so far?" Inuyasha nodded that he understood and his father continued, "Once you mate then the bond is sealed. But if you do not mate within 2 days of you sharing one another blood then you both will die."

This news took Inuyasha buy surprise so far everything his father had said was not bad but the last piece was a bit hard to take. "That is why the ceremony must be done at a specific time. I am needed because my powers will bind the mates together forever. If one dies so does the other that is why it is important that you protect each other." "But if that's true then what happened when mom died" Inuyasha had to ask the question he wanted to know. (Jinx: *glares at Cindy* Cindy: don't glare at me girl or I'll erase it! Mike: *sigh*)

His father had a sad look in his eyes but he told his son what he wanted to know, he had done the same with Sesshomaru when he asked. "Before your mother died she had enough power in her to release me from my bond. I was devastated, I wanted to die with her but the reason she released me was because she wanted me to take care of you. She didn't want you growing up without a parent." Inuyasha finally understood why he had lived and his mother had died. "Thank you dad for telling me I know it must have been hard for you. I want to do something before we leave, I'll be back in a few minutes." Inuyasha stood and left his father and went in the direction where the girls were located.

Inuyasha got back to camp to find that Kagome was sitting alone crying; he walked up silently behind her and embraced her. Kagome was shocked and tried to pull away when she recognized who was embracing her and relaxed into it. "Why are you crying?" Inuyasha said with a voice that was filled with fear and hurt. Kagome didn't answer his question she just lowered her head and began to shiver. Inuyasha turned her around because he wanted to see her eyes. He lifted up her chin and licked away the tears that were coming from her eyes then he said, "I want to ask you a question" she looked into his eyes and nodded for him to continue.

"I have been meaning to ask you this for quite some time, I'm never good with words, and at times I get tongue tied. But I want you to know that you mean the world to me, without you my life would not be complete. I love you my Kagome, will you be my mate for life?" Kagome was shocked at what he had asked her, `he loves me, and he wants me to be his mate, his wife, for life. This is all I ever wanted, he makes me happy and now I know that we have the same feels for each other.' She looked into his eyes and with fresh new tears coming down her cheek she said, "Yes." Inuyasha was the happiest person on this earth he leaned in and kissed her passionately, having her melt in his arms. Her body fit perfectly with his like two pieces of a puzzle. He pulled away from her and quickly told her about the mating ritual, he asked her if she will agree to this and she said yes as long as she was with him it did not matter to her. (Jinx: *grows more impatient*)

He didn't want to leave her but he had to get back to his father. He had an uneasy feeling that something was going to happen. So when he walked away from Kagome he called for Kirara. She came from out of the trees and landed in his arms. He looked at the cat and said in a low voice. "Kirara, Kagome has consented to be my mate, please watch her while I'm gone. I have a feeling that something is going to happen to her and I fear for her safety. If anything happens transform and call for me I will hear you." The cat meowed and left his arms running back to protect the girl who would be his mate.

When he finally reached his father he had found him pacing back and forth. "Dad what's wrong? Why are you pacing?" were his questions. His father looked at his son and said, "Well what's the answer, did she say yes or no?" "Is that why you're pacing back and forth?" the elder just nodded yes "Well she said yes to everything" Inutaisho was very pleased with this and congratulated his son. "Well all we have to do is decide when the ceremony will be" "It will have to be soon, I feel something is not right, like the calm before the storm." Inuyasha had been looking out toward the mountains in the near distance. "What do you sense?" Inutaisho asked. "I feel like there is danger coming and bad. They are after Kagome they want her for their tribe."

Inutaisho was staring at his son; his eyes had a glazed look to them and as he looked off into the distant. He walked next to him and gently asked, "Do you see who they are? Do we know them?" he had long ago learned to be watchful, his mother always had the same look when she was seeing. "No, but there are many of them enough to attack and take Kagome" "Are they moving yet?" asked his father, "No, not yet they are waiting for the signal to tell them to move." `Good this meant that they had sometime' thought Inutaisho. At that point Inuyasha felt weak in the knee and started to fall but his father held onto him. Inuyasha looked at his father with confusion written all over his face. "What happen?" His father helped him sit and explained what just happen.

Inuyasha was beside himself he did not want to go with his father to Sesshomaru village he wanted to stay behind and protect Kagome. He knew something was going to happen but he didn't know when, but he knew it would be soon, very soon. With a down cast heart he followed his father to his brother's village to set in motion a plan that will some how work to protect his love.

When they arrived at the village they sat down with Sesshomaru and explained what was going on. Sesshomaru knew of such a tribe in the mountains but they have always left his people alone because they were fierce warriors. Sesshomaru asked if they knew when they might be attack. His father answered that he didn't know but felt that it might be soon. This upset Sesshomaru because Jinx was on her way to the village as they spoke. "We must bring the girls here to the village to protect them and we must find Jinx. She had left her village this morning with her escorts and would be arriving soon. If these fools are going to attack us then I want to get Jinx out of harms way. We must go find her now!" Sesshomaru stood and left the tepee followed by his father and brother. Off in the distance they heard the call of a very large cat. Inuyasha ears caught the sound of Kirara's yell and said, "that's Kirara and they are under attack!" They gather as many warriors as possible and headed back to the camp were Kagome and Sango were left. `Please be safe Kagome I'm coming' the group of warriors raced through the forest to where the battle was being fought hoping to get there in time to save his Kagome.

Kagome and Sango sat around the campfire talking about the day's event. They had been left behind because they were not allowed to go with the rest of the tribe. So they were talking about the upcoming mating ceremony for her friend. Sango was so happy for her; she wished that Miroku had asked her too then both of them could have been married at the same time to make it a double wedding. As of lately Miroku had been keeping his distance from her and she noticed that even though he slept next to her at night to keep her warm, he had not been there when she would awake. She had not hit him in a long time because of his wondering hand, which has also been behaving itself. It confused her even more to think about all the things he used to do and all the things he was no longer doing. (Jinx: *starts jumping for joy* Mike: it's coming up isn't it? Cindy: yep)

As they sat there talking Kagome got that look in her eye, the same one she gets when someone is approaching that they don't know. "Sango someone is approaching our camp, it just one person but many animals, so be on guard" Sango nodded her understanding and got her katana's ready. Then a dog came out of the forest, he was all black with some white and had a kind and friendly face. Kagome looked at Sango for a moment then turned her attention back to the animal in front of her. Kagome stepped forward, Kirara was still on Kagome's shoulder and she started to growl, clearly she didn't like the dog,

Kagome reached her hand up and scratched her ear gently and said "Don't worry Kirara I don't think he wants to hurt us, right boy? Now what could your name be?" then they heard another voice, a female voice come from behind a tree. "His name is Jake, I named him after my sword" said the girl tapping her sword on her side. Her sword was beautiful, the handle was made of gold, and it had little blue, white, yellow gemstones all long its hilt. The sheath was a dark green almost black in color; it had the picture of a large black dog imprinted on it. Behind the dog the sun was imprinted and it showed all of its golden color. It was shorter than a sword but longer than the katana's. To put it simply it was a work of art. (Jinx: *runs in circles around Cindy* I love you, I love you, I love you! *jumps on Cindy hugging her to death* Cindy: can't……..breath……..)

The girl that held this sword stood about Kagome height her eyes appeared to be a golden/green color, her hair was raven black, it was short, about shoulder length. She had bangs on her forehead that were the color of the sun. It set off her eyes just perfectly. She was of slim built. The dress she wore set off her figure perfectly; it hugged all the right curves of her body. It was black with a golden eagle set in beautiful gold beads on the front of her chest. She had a belt that seemed to loop twice around her slim waist and ended with it being tied to the side with feathers hanging off the ends. The fringe on the dress looked like it was the color gold with alternating red and blue beads. Her shoes were of the same type as Kagome's but she had black leggings that went all the way up her legs. When she smiled it was one of the biggest, Kagome hadn't seen a smile that big in a long time. It warmed her heart and she new this girl would not harm them. She walked up to the girl and greeted her.

"Hello, my name is Kagome and this is my friend Sango" pointing to were Sango was standing. "Would you like to have something to eat we have plenty." "Hi, my name is Jinx and I would love to join you, I have been walking for a long time and I'm tired. Can my companions join us?" Kagome looked at her and smiled then said "the more the merrier" With that Jinx whistled and out came 14 more dogs. All of different shapes and colors. (Jinx: All my baby's!!!!! Mike: to all those who do not know our Jinx here, *sigh* she really does have 15 dogs. Cindy: *laughs at mike* I bet its fun living there!)

The dogs formed a protective circle around the girls as they sat down by the fire and talked. "Are you the Jinx that is to mate with Sesshomaru?" asked Kagome in a shy voice. "Yes, I am her, why don't tell me that Sesshy is being mean again." Kagome had to laugh at her question. "No, he isn't being mean; I haven't met him to know if he is?" "Why haven't you met him? And by the way why aren't you at his village enjoying the festivities?" Jinx asked with curiosity. "Because we are not allowed to go for we are captives." Kagome's eyes sadden and look to the ground, clearly not wanting her new friend to see her hurt face." "Well that's stupid, not allowing you to go to the village because you're captives." Jinx said in a huff. "Well that is going to change. How would you like to come to the mating ceremony as my guest?" Both girls look happy about going to the mating ritual. (Jinx: *drools over Sesshy* Cindy and Mike: *sigh*)

At that point Kagome noticed something and voiced her opinion. "Jinx I just noticed something about you, your eyes change colors as your mood changes. It is the most amazing thing I have ever seen." Jinx giggled, "Well that is the way I was born, and my mother says that you can tell what mood I'm in by the color of my eyes. They go from blue to green to yellow or even black or red. But be ware of the red that means I'm pissed and I'm out for blood." The girls made a mental note never to get her mad. They sat around the fire talking about Sesshomaru and Inuyasha, as they tried to think of the different things their soon to be mates did that was funny or embarrassing. (Mike: It's a curse, but it's true, never I mean never get Jinx mad. Cindy: I don't want to know. Jinx: WHAT?!)

A lone figure was standing down wind from the dogs so they wouldn't detect him. He had overheard the conversations that the girls were having. This was going to mess up everything. If they wanted to get the girl then they would have to move now while she was left unguarded. He sent word to his tribe to move the attack for now, or else they risk loosing the girl because then she would be well protected. The messenger came back and relayed that the attack has been moved up and for him to get ready. The battle for the girl was about to begin.

Kagome was laughing at what Jinx had said about Sesshomaru when she went stiff. She slowly rose to her feet and clinched her heart. They were coming many men and they wanted her. Sango looked at the girl's expression and knew what it meant. In an instant she was by Kagome side and asked her "How many are coming and from which direction?" Kagome just looked at her friend's eyes and said, "They are surrounding us there are too many to count and they want me. I must go or else everyone in the tribe will be killed." Kagome tried to leave buy Sango held her still. "Kagome, do you really think that they will leave us alone if you go? They will still kill us no matter what. We must stay together and fight." Jinx was lessening to the conversation and her eyes started to change to black. She yelled at her guards and told them to protect. The dogs immediately formed a smaller circle around the girls. Sango yelled at Kirara to transform and she did. The cat let out an ear splitting growl that shook the entire area.

Kagome knew that Kirara was calling for Inuyasha to come back to camp. The tribe will come back to protect her. `I have to protect them all; I have agreed to become the mate of Inuyasha. With her accepting to be his mate also came the promise to protect the tribe as her own pack. She was now the beta female and as such she had to protect them. I must protect them all especially Inuyasha, no one but no one harms my pack.'

Kagome began to glow blue and as she glowed the unnamed tribe appeared surrounding the girls. Kagome quickly raised a barrier to protect them and as they came charging in. Kagome then raised her hands and opened her arms and in them appeared the golden bow and a quiver of golden arrows. Her eyes were focused for the battle that was to begin. She would protect her pack no matter what.

The battle for Kagome has begun.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jinx: *hugs Cindy*

Cindy: mike a little help here would be great!

Mike: nope, I'm rather enjoying this.