InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meant to Be ❯ Chapter 21

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 21

The following morning Inutaisho was waiting for Inuyasha and Kagome to return to the village. Sango came out and started to prepare breakfast for everyone. When she looked around for Miroku she didn't see him and asked "Have you seen Miroku this morning?" "No I haven't, when I came out here this morning he was still asleep in the tepee," said Inutaisho as he looked at Sango. Sango got really mad that he had snuck off somewhere and that somewhere might be down by the lake to disturb Inuyasha and Kagome. "Do you think he could have gone down by the lake?" asked Sango in a pissed off voice. Inutaisho looked at her and saw the expression on her face. He slowly got up and headed straight for the lake.

Miroku had managed to get away from Sango and his father. It was his chance to go down to the lake and see what was going on. As he made his way toward the lake he couldn't wait to do his favorite pass time. Look at perverted acts that other people were doing. Since he had put up the barrier it should be easy for him to get past it and put it back up to make sure no one else walked in on him while he watched. As he approached the barrier he stopped and raised his staff. He muttered something under his breath and the barrier lowered. He proceeded to walk forward but as soon as he took ten steps from where he was another barrier caught him and thru him back about twenty feet from where he had stood.

Miroku had landed on his back with the wind knocked out of him. As he closed his eyes to try and fill his lungs back with precious air he was thinking how stupid he was to think that Kagome wouldn't put up another barrier to prevent him from coming down to the lake. When he opened his eyes again he was greeted with a sight that he wished he didn't see. Inutaisho towered above him looking very disappointed at his son. "Miroku when will you ever learn." He picked his son up and dragged him back to the village; while he was walking away he turned and yelled for his youngest son, "Inuyasha! I want to see you at the village, NOW!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome was the first to stir this morning as the sun hit her in the face. She closed her eyes tight as she tried to figure out where she was. She noticed that Inuyasha had his arms around her making sure that she didn't go anywhere. She rolled over in his arms and noticed for the first time that morning that they were both naked. As she started to think about what had happened the night before she realized that she and Inuyasha had finally mated. She looked at the mark on his neck and noticed that it was big. It covered a good portion of his neck and the mark was very noticeable. When she looked into his sleeping face she saw that he now had the half moon crest along with a star next to it on his forehead. He looked so calm and cute just sleeping there that she couldn't help but giggle. She reached her hand up and started to rub his ear in very much the same way as she did last night during their mating.

Inuyasha started to feel really good and began to purr as Kagome rubbed his ears. He let a small growl escape his lips before he muttered `MINE.' He slowly opened his eyes to find his mate playing with his ears. He brought her closer to him and kissed her. She melted into his arms, as he tasted his new mate in the morning sun. He was in heaven, he released her lips and began to trail soft kisses down her neck causing her to moan and her arousal was starting to peek. Her scent was making him go wild with desire as he got on top of her and started to spread her leg apart to allow him into her most amazing wet box just as he was about to enter a loud call reached both of them causing them to jump apart from each other. The mood was broken and Inuyasha was pissed. His father had broken up something that was really good. Kagome sat up quickly looking around then she got what happened. "Inuyasha, Miroku just tried to come in through the barrier but then he ran into mine. Your father has caught him and now he is very pissed." Kagome said with a giggle.

"Damn that must be why he wants to see me in the village," he said exasperated. "We should get going back to the village. We can finish what you started tonight." She gave him a deep kiss of a promise of what was to come later that night. They both got up and started to get dressed. Kagome noticed that he had a problem and decided to help him with it so she pushed him into the cold lake. Inuyasha seeing what she was about to do grabbed on to her wrist and she had been pulled along with him. When they both came up she started to shiver, `damn this water is cold, I guess it was a bad idea to push Inuyasha in.' she tried to get out of the water but Inuyasha just pulled her to him and held her tight. The warmth of his body made her stop shivering, she looked into his eyes and lowered her head and whimpered.

He picked her chin up to make her look at him, "What's wrong Kagome?" He asked with concern in his voice. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have pushed you into the lake. It's so cold you don't deserve this," she said with a whimper. He started to chuckle, "Don't worry about it, it was kind of fun seeing you get wet." He held her tighter and then picked her up and carried her out of the lake. He set her down and then started to dress her, she was cold and he needed to get her warm and quickly. He got her dressed and then he got dressed. He put his shirt around her and then picked her up and bounded to the village to get Kagome to a nice warm fire.

When he arrived, his father, Sango, and a passed out Miroku on the ground greeted him. He placed Kagome on the ground next to the fire and then asked Sango to please bring him a blanket. Sango ran into the tepee and got one for the poor girl. She was shivering so hard that they almost couldn't get the blanket around her. Inuyasha was starting to get worried he had never seen her like this and just a little bit of cold water shouldn't have this affect on her. He sat down and brought her to his lap as he tried to warm and soothe his mate. After a while she had stopped and had fallen asleep against his chest. He sighed with relief at least she was asleep and resting; he picked her up and took her into the tepee and laid her on the furs. He made sure that a fire was going in the tepee to keep her warm. Then he looked for another shirt to wear.

He walked back outside putting on his shirt when his father jumped up and stared at his mating mark. "Inuyasha, that is one of the biggest mating marks I have ever seen does Kagome have one this big?" he asked with amazement. Inuyasha nodded yes, then Inutaisho noticed the half moon and star on his forehead "and I see that you have a new title, you bare the same mark as Kagome has on her forehead." Inuyasha turned red from embarrassment and looked away from his father trying to change the conversation, "what did you want me for?" he said with a growl hoping to get his fathers mind off his mating mark. "We need to discuss our departure from here to the winter land. I want to get there as soon as possible before the snow comes. The weather is starting to get colder and if we don't move soon we will not be able to get there." Inuyasha nodded his head in agreement. He wanted to leave this place as soon as possible and have life return to normal. He hated being this close to his half brother but he had done his duty and showed up for the mating ritual and in the process he mated as well. The trip was not a total lost he had Kagome and she will be with him for a long time.

They discussed when the tribe would be moving out and then informed Miroku when he finally woke up from his beating. They would leave in the morning and they started to inform the rest of their tribe of their plans. Everyone was busy trying to get everything packed for the move the next day. Sesshomaru came to see his father and was informed of the tribe's departure the next day. He knew that his father had a reason for leaving. The land around this area will not support two tribes for the winter. It will be a long time until he saw his father again but he pledged that if they ever needed any help to repeal the enemy that he would be there to help. Inutaisho was pleased to here his son say these words. It had been a long time since he was close to him. The offer of coming to help in time of trouble meant that he recognized his father's leadership and would rally other tribes in the area to help maintain the peace in the land.

Sango sat with Kagome in the tepee while the men discussed business. Kagome was still asleep and had not woken up since she fell asleep in Inuyasha's lap. She went over to check on her when she noticed that Kagome's cheeks were flushed. She put her hand on her head and found that she was burning up with a fever. She quickly got Kagome out of the many blankets that were wrapped around her. She carefully got her undressed from her still wet clothes and found some new ones that would keep her warm. She went out side looking for Inuyasha and found him still sitting with his father. She rushed over to him and said, "Inuyasha, Kagome has a fever and it's bad. I am going to get some water and some herbs that she has showed me that will bring down fevers; I need you to stay with her until I return." Before Sango had a chance to say anything else he was gone, she turned to Inutaisho and said, "I think that she shouldn't be moved until the fever goes down," said a worried Sango. "Yes, you are right Sango; I will inform the rest of the tribe that we might not be able to move as soon as we would like. We will have to wait and see how she does."

Sango left Inutaisho to gather the herbs and water she needed. She entered the tepee to find that Kagome was now in Inuyasha's lap and he was rocking her gently. "Has she woken up since you have been in here?" Sango asked with concern. "No, she is still sleeping and I haven't been able to wake her up. She won't respond to anything I do." He was clearly upset that she was in this condition and that it was his fault that she was sick. "Inuyasha don't worry she will be all right. Here help me give her this medicine to make her feel better." He held her up and between both of them they got Kagome to take the medicine. He still held her and snuggled her against his chest, hoping that the medicine would work to wake her up.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome had woken up in a beautiful valley, the winter wind was whipping around and soon snow will fall. As she gazed out over the land she had a sense of something being wrong. There in the distance she sensed the invaders getting ready to attack the peaceful village that she called home. As she tried to reach the village to protect it from the impending danger she saw them attack. Women and children were killed; the warriors that fought to protect the village were falling one by one from the firearms that the invaders were using. She saw them overpower and take Inuyasha as he fought to keep the tribe safe, his father seeing his son in trouble went to help but they killed him. She was horrified at the site before her; she could do nothing to help them she had failed in her duty to protect her pack and now they had all paid with their lives. All she could hear was the call of her mate from a distance; she tried to reach him before they took him away from her as she was running she called out to him, "INUYASHA DON'T LEAVE ME!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Please review!