InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of the Bell Flower ❯ A Single Heart Beat ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Memories of the Bell Flower

Chapter 3: A Single Heart Beat

By Sephira jo (contact at: sephirajo@yahoo.com)

Rating: R. For adult situations, violence, angst and the like. If you don't like these kind of stories, just don't read 'em.

Disclaimers: I own nothing! NOTHING!!! Except for my dvds and manga, but I make no money off of this, no sue me, NO SUE!!!! *runs around in circles*

Author's Ramblings: Hey Everyone! *pauses and waits, everyone: Hi Sephira jo!* Here I am back with chapter three of Memories, not really part of what I was planing, but hey, what the hell, right? Any way, I want to thank everyone that has reviewed and read my story! Thanks! And due to popular demand this story will stay an Inu/Kikyou Fic, no Kagome loving here. *awww, poor Kagome, denied the Inu Love. . . .* It kind of cuts the fic in half but hey, I don't care. :P I'll just focus on the Inu/Kikyou Doomed relationship which I love obsessing about so much. So beware of Angst, Keep reviewing and down with the blasphemers who believe not in the Inu/Kikyou lovin'!

Thanks to everyone who reviewed! You don't know how much it means to me (really you don't.) So keep on reviewing people! It makes me feel loveded.

Japanese terms:

Betsuni: No, not really.

Eh: A simpler version of yes. (Which could also be said Ah, or Hai)

Ne: Right? (If you know Spanish its kind of the same thing as veradad in this usage.

Onee-sama: Very polite way of referring to an older sister.

* * *

Kikyou opened her eyes slowly, the morning light sifting through the shadows in the small cabin where she'd been sleeping peacefully. Her eyes focused and she realized that she was cuddled close to a warm, naked and sleeping Inu Yasha. Kikyou started for a moment, until the memory of the night before dawned on her as surely as the sun rose outside.

Kikyou smiled and began to move away from the sleeping hanyou, knowing that it was time to start heading back to her village. She had moved only a little ways away from him, when she felt a hand grasp her wrist. She looked up to see Inu Yasha smiling slyly at her, his expression positively demonic with his fangs showing as he smiled.

"Where do you think you're going?" Inu Yasha asked, his voice both playful and passionate.

Kikyou smiled back, and she could feel it reflect in her eyes, "It's morning, we should be going soon," She returned, keeping her voice at a whisper for a reason she couldn't quite define.

"Oh no you don't," Inu Yasha said with a chuckle then pulled her close to him, rolling on top of her. Kikyou stared up at his golden eyes, her own dark blue eyes bemused.

"Oh really? And why not?" She answered back, as Inu Yasha rained kisses and bites down on her face and neck.

"Because Kikyou, you are mine now. You don't go anywhere until I say so."

"Is that so?" She asked simply, gasping when he bit her neck a little harder, breaking the freshly healed skin. Kikyou ran her hands through Inu Yasha's thick hair, enjoying the way that luxurious strands felt in her hands, play around her fingers. Kikyou also found herself enjoying the feeling caused by Inu Yasha lapping up the blood from the reopened bit wound.

Inu Yasha made a noise that sounded affirmative. A kind of snarling yes. Kikyou giggled, only to have it into a sharp gasp as he claimed her a second time. Inu Yasha's gaze caught and held hers, his eyes more feral then she had ever seen them. The look in his eyes held hers as he thrust into her violently.

Inu Yasha positioned her legs around him to allow deeper thrusts, taking more of her as he saw fit. His face touched hers, his eyes dark as he spoke, "You don't go anywhere, do anything, until I say so. Kikyou. . . " his voice cut off, and her name came out harsh-sounding as he became fiercer; Kikyou let out a strangled moan.

"Scream for me," Inu Yasha growled, the command harsh, loving and intoxicating. Kikyou felt the heat between them rising with every word, every touch and every hard stroke he directed toward her.

"Scream!" The command was strangled on the end of a moan, and as her world shattered kikyou had no other choice but to comply. She screamed, her voice joined by Inu yasha's in a strange duet as he followed her over the edge that she willingly plummeted over, pulling his hair and kissing him deeply while his claws grazed her skin.

* * *

Over an hour later, Kikyou was finally able to get enough time to dress herself the best she could. Inu Yasha's attentions from the pervious evening had destroyed a good portion of her miko robes. They now barely covered the skin of her chest, and Kikyou arranged them the best that she could. Not that it wasn't anything that couldn't be fixed later, she just had neither the time nor the tools to do so here. She laughed softly as she glanced over at Inu Yasha as he sat on the other side of the cabin, dressing and staring at her sheepishly.

"Sorry," Inu Yasha said softly, so softly in fact that Kikyou could hardly make it out.

"What are you apologizing for?" Kikyou asked simply, her hands flipping her ebony hair over her shoulders in a simple and effective motion. She turned around to face the half-dressed hanyou, who just stared up at her, his expression conflicted. To Kikyou he seemed even more handsome now then he had the night before. As she tied her hair back she had to fight the urge to jump him.

"You know damn well what I'm apologizing for, Kikyou!" He started only to be stopped suddenly when Kikyou gave into the ever present impulse to throw her arms around him.

"Don't apologize," Kikyou whispered, "I enjoyed it, after all, I am a normal woman," She finished, wincing at the lie she ended the sentence with. After all, as long as the Shikon no Tama existed she could never be just a normal woman. She knew that, and she knew that Inu Yasha knew as well; however, for that single moment, as she embraced him in the cabin their hearts seemed to beat as one. Both were more then willing to believe the lie that Kikyou spoke. As his arms wound tightly around her, Kikyou, herself, almost believed it to be true. A normal woman, somehow it didn't seem like an impossible dream anymore.

"We really should get going," Inu Yasha's unusually soft tone of voice broke Kikyou's tenuous reprieve, and she pulled away from the embrace blushing, unable to look him straight in the face despite the intimacy they had shared.

Kikyou stepped away from Inu Yasha subconsciously placing the barrier of what they were between them. Kikyou stared at the floor as she picked up her bow and quiver. Settling the latter over her shoulder she prepared herself to leave the one place on earth where she had ever found happiness. Without thinking, her hand wandered to the Shikon jewel still around her neck.

Turning to face Inu Yasha, Kikyou felt the mask she wore all her life slip easily over her emotions, wants and needs.

"Let's go," Kikyou spoke the words simply and they were nothing short of a command.

Inu Yasha recognized the pretense for what it was, and Kikyou could tell from only a glance that the mask he wore all his life, the mask that kept him alive when everyone around him had perished, slipped over him, making his eyes harsh and cold in the midmorning light. Kikyou sighed, she wished that both of their masks could fall permanently, bringing a softness to his eyes and life into hers. Silently she vowed to find a way to make that possible, no matter what the cost.

Kikyou and Inu Yasha walked back toward the village as if nothing had changed between them. She, her feet firmly on the ground and he, leaping from tree to tree high above her. The fallen snow was already dying in the warm morning's light, making the ground beneath her feet wet and cold. As they came to the rise that gave way to Kikyou's village, she stopped and looked up at Inu Yasha. The question in her eyes was apparent even from the distance that separated them.

"Will you come to the village with me?" Was the unspoken question and Kikyou held her breath awaiting his silent answer, praying that it would be different from all the other times.

From his post high above her, he shook his head vehemently. Kikyou's breath released in a discontented sigh. Is it me he doesn't trust, or is it everyone else? She wondered, her thoughts bitter. Inu Yasha didn't move from the tree he stood atop of, he just stood there and watched her. Waiting for her to go ahead without him, assured of the fact that this close to the village there wouldn't be any danger to protect her from.

Kikyou swallowed, holding back the tears that stung her eyes. He doesn't trust me, was the first thing thought that burned in her mind, he doesn't trust me to keep him safe, the way he watches over me. The next moment she buried those thoughts, it wasn't her he didn't trust, it was other humans. It was that mistrust that kept him alive. It was that mistrust that made him every bit as lonely as she.

Kikyou steeled herself, burying the emotions running through her deep inside. Hiding them in the same place where she had long ago learned to hid her heart and hide her soul. A deep breath later and a single glance back to the trees, she strode forward to the prison that masqueraded as her home.

"Onee-sama!" Kaede's voice rang out over the hill, quickly followed by her little sister's running and smiling form. Kikyou smiled sadly, Kaede always suffered greatly when Kikyou traveled leaving her alone. It would've been different had their parents lived, but both had died long ago. Kaede reached her and threw her small arms around her beloved Onee-sama.

"Onee-sama, I missed you so much!" Kaede exclaimed, snuggling as close as she could. Kikyou knelt down and hugged her little sister back, "Why do you have to go away like that?" Kaede asked innocently looking up, her face lit with a warm smile that was the opposite of the sad one that was a fixture on Kikyou's face.

Kikyou stood up and looked down at her little sister, smiling the best she could, "I go away to keep you safe, Kaede. You know that."

Kaede eyed her older sister carefully, she could tell that there was something different about her, beyond the tattered clothing, "Onee-sama, what happened to your clothes?" She asked with the innocence that only a child could muster.

Kikyou was surprised to hear herself chuckle in return to her little sister's question, "My job is dangerous, Kaede," A half smile graced her face, "I was attacked by a youkai."

"Really? They normally don't get that close to you Onee-sama," Kaede said, her face both curious and worried as she grabbed Kikyou's hand for the walk back to the village proper.

A sad smile crossed Kikyou's face, this one more so then most, "No Kaede, they normally don't get that close to me at all."

"Was it really, really strong, Onee-sama?" Kaede asked, her eyes wide.

No, not at all, Kikyou thought, After all, it's only my heart he holds in his hands. She simply smiled down at Kaede and answered, "Betsuni."

Kaede looked up at Kikyou and smiled. Kikyou knew that Kaede considered her to be indestructible.

"I'm glad, Onee-sama," Kaede said, "Nothing can hurt you, ne?"

"Eh," The simple answer ended the conversation as they reached the shrine. Kikyou gladly removed the shikon jewel from around her neck and walked slowly inside, leaving Kaede outside waiting patiently for her elder sister, just as she always did. Kikyou then slowly placed the jewel on the special holder that had been built for it.

Kikyou stepped away from the jewel for a moment, taking deep breaths in order to calm herself. Then, unable to control herself anymore, she fell to the floor, shaking, her body racked with sobs. On the cold floor Kikyou cried, alone.

She mourned the loss of many things in front of the dias that damned jewel rested on, as if nothing more than an innocent trinket. She mourned the loss of her virtue, the loss of her composure, the loss of everything she had thought herself to be. As her tears flowed freely the only thing that she saw was his face. Inu Yasha's face smiling, Inu Yasha's face flushed with passion, Inu Yasha's face taking pleasure in what she had freely given.

Kikyou pushed herself to her knees, her head down cast, her hands balled into fists as she started to shake with anger instead of sorrow. Not towards Inu Yasha, the man she laved so dearly could do nothing wrong, no, her anger stabbed deep into her own heart and towards the shining jewel that seemed to be laughing at her.

Tears still flowed and stained her face as Kikyou stared at the jewel with an animosity she wasn't even aware she possessed, "Damn you," She hissed through clenched teeth, her volatile emotions having run the gauntlet to full fledged rage, "I never wanted any part of this! Damn you!"

The jewel didn't respond. It didn't have to, the light that danced around it did that for it. It seemed to laugh even louder, delighting in the misery so apparent in the woman before it who painted such a ludicrous picture of a miko, her robes tattered around her body, her face stained with tears and twisted with anger and self loathing.

"I DIDN'T WANT THIS!!"

* * *

Outside of the shrine Kaede sat waiting for her sister, her feet swinging over the stairs as she hummed a simple tune to herself. Inside the shrine she assumed her sister prayed, peacefully just as always. After all, Kikyou-onee-sama wouldn't allow herself to be hurt by anything or any one. Kaede looked up at the sky and smiled. Spring was coming.

* * ^-^ * *