InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of you ❯ Chapter one - Nightmares ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

There was blood everywhere. Kagome could taste it in her mouth and felt it on her chest. It even hurt to breathe. She could hear Sango screaming her name but couldn't understand why she would be crying. Some man dressed in monk's robes was holding her and Sango was fighting him.

“I wonder if he is hurting her.” Kagome thought.

Kagome wanted to go help her but she couldn't move. She felt arms around her and looked into the most unusual eyes she had ever seen. They were a beautiful golden color, and they were wet with tears. The man holding her had the most silky looking silver hair and... dog ears? She had never seen anyone
like him in her life. He was talking and crying but she couldn't hear a word of what he was saying. Everything started to get dark and all she heard was Sango screaming.

“Kagome! Kagome!“

Everything started to shake and Kagome's eyes popped open. Sango stood over her, shaking her shoulders.

“Get up, sleepy head. No one told you to stay up all night with your head in a book!” Sango walked over to the window and pulled the shade up. Bright spring sunshine poured into the room and Kagome closed her eyes against the brightness of it.

Kagome groaned “Sango, goodness! I was up. You don't have to blind me, too” She grabbed her pillow and covered her face to block the sun.

Sango grabbed the pillow and threw it on the floor. “Come on. Kagome. You know we have to get to the park. Ayame is holding our spot for the Hanami festival.”

Kagome jumped out of bed, “I forgot! I need to shower!” She flew around the room looking for her bath things.

“I'll be showered and dressed in five minutes!” Kagome called out as she went down the hall to the bathroom.

Sango shook her head, rolling her eyes at her friend's morning antics.

Twenty minutes later, Kagome and Sango were walking to the train station. Kagome had to admit it was a beautiful April day and she would have regretted missing the Hanami. It was still cool out and Kagome was glad she had worn her jacket. She had on jeans and a pink sweater. With her hair pulled back
in a ponytail, she looked more high school student and less like a senior in college.

Sango was dressed similar to Kagome, jeans and a sweater. The weather called for simplicity, however her sweater was red instead of pink. She couldn't understand why Kagome liked pink. Frankly, it was too girly for her tastes. Sango wore her hair pulled up in a high ponytail, tied back with a matching red ribbon. Neither girl was aware of the attractive picture they painted as they walked into the station.

The girls chatted on the train ride to Ueno Park. They were going to meet Ayame and several other classmates to relax and admire the cherry tree blossoms. With graduation approaching, this was one of the few opportunities everyone would have away from the books. Kagome was determined to have a good
time and pretend the national midwifery board exams weren't coming up.

During a lull in the conversation, Kagome's thoughts went back to her dream.

It wasn't a new occurrence. She had been having similar dreams since she was 15 years old. Sometimes, they scared her but most of the time, like the dream last night, they saddened her. Kagome never figured out what they meant and had learned to disregard them. Lately, they had been coming with more
frequency and she was sick of them. With the finishing of her last semester and the board exams coming up, she couldn't afford a sleepless night.

“Are you even listening to me, Kagome?”

Kagome looked at her friend, “I'm sorry, Sango, my mind wandered.” She frowned for a moment “I had another dream again last night.”

Sango looked worriedly at Kagome. She and Kagome had met in high school and instantly clicked. It was as if they had already known each other and became fast friends. Around when she first met Kagome, she had told her about the dreams. She wondered why they had start coming more and more often.

Sango patted her shoulder, “Was it scary this time?”

Kagome shook her head, “No, just sad.” The scary dreams started after she got in college. She hadn't forgotten about the time she woke up screaming from a dream. She saw herself getting stabbed with some type of object. She actually felt it pierce her chest. Kagome knew she scared Sango half to death. That night, she scared herself.

Sango was thinking about the same night. She was woken out of sound sleep to Kagome crying and screaming. She ran in the room to find Kagome clutching her chest and screaming about the blood. She had to shake Kagome hard to completely wake her. It took over an hour for Kagome to calm down and they slept together that night as a comfort to them both. After that nightmare, Kagome started staying up and studying until she practically passed out. That way she would be so tired that most nights she wouldn't even dream.

The train pulled into Ueno Station. There were hundreds of people in the area. Kagome felt the excitement of the Hanami and grabbed Sango's hand.

“Let's not worry about this. Today is about having a good time and Kami knows I need that.”

Sango searched her friend's face. “Alright, but you know we'll have this discussion later.”

Kagome nodded, “I know, Sango. Let's not let it bother us now!”

The girls smiled at each other and crossed the street into the park.