InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of you ❯ Chapter 13

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

The ride home started out in strained silence. The stress of the morning finally caught up with Kagome and she fell asleep against Sango. Sango fought it, but she too, fell asleep. Arriving back at home, Miroku and Inuyasha each carried a sleeping girl. Sesshomaru had arranged for a doctor to come by that evening to give all the humans a check up. Miroku placed Sango in her bed and decided to take a nap, too.
 
Inuyasha laid Kagome on the bed. He removed her shoes and after debating with himself for a moment, removed her jeans so she would be more comfortable. Watching her sleep, Inuyasha worried.
 
`What is she thinking? How is she really feeling? Will she understand the reason why I did everything?'
 
Inuyasha wished he could read her mind. He would have to settle waiting until she woke up.
 
After falling asleep in the car, Kagome could vaguely remember being carried and placed somewhere soft. She tried to wake up when she felt cool air caress her legs but found she couldn't climb out of the darkness of sleep. The dreams started again but this time Kagome recognized them as memories. She decided to follow them through instead of letting them scare her.
 
She saw so many things drift through her mind… people she met, the places she had visited, adventures and moments in the past. However, the one moment that kept dominating the dreams was her `death'. For the first time in having this dream, Kagome could actually hear the words Inuyasha was saying to her while he held her as she lay dying.
 
`He said he loved me. After all of this time, why would he still love me? I don't even know who I am anymore. Am I even the person he loved and waited for all of this time?'
 
Kagome felt herself slid back into blackness, falling into a deep dreamless sleep. She found herself later resurfacing into the same dream. Seeing Inuyasha cry as he held her broken body broke her heart. More than anything, Kagome wanted to stop his tears.
 
`He didn't want to be alone and I left him. He spent centuries alone….waiting for me. How could the kamis punish someone like that?' Tears began to leak through her sleeping eyelids. `Oh, Inuyasha, I am so sorry.'
 
Inuyasha was sitting on the small patio outside his bedroom, catching up on work, when he first smelled Kagome's tears. Setting everything aside, he went in to find her still asleep but she had begun sobbing quietly. He climbed in bed beside her and pulled her to his chest. Kagome clung to him and gradually woke up. Inuyasha found himself staring into swollen, teary brown eyes.
 
“Why are you crying?”
 
Kagome sniffed and tried to control the wobble in her voice. “I'm sorry.”
 
Inuyasha frowned and stared at her. “For what? You haven't done anything.”
 
Kagome continued to sniff. “I left you alone. You didn't want to be alone and I left you.” The tears began fresh.
 
Inuyasha pulled the sobbing girl closer to him. “You didn't leave me, I made a choice. I knew that letting you go then meant I could have you back later. Midoriko told me it was not our time then and I could accept that.”
 
Kagome just shook her head and continued to cry. “But…I know you have to hate me for even having to go through this. For being forced to have to make that choice. I never would have wanted you to suffer.”
 
At that moment Inuyasha realized what the problem was. He never thought about the possibility of Kagome feeling guilty over a choice he made. He accepted his decision the moment it was made. He had no intention of allowing Kagome to feel guilt over what he knew was the right choice.
 
“Look Kagome, that time is past. I've learned to live for the here and now. You are here and we can rebuild what has taken all this time to come back together.”
 
Kagome sounded muffled against his chest.
 
“So you don't hate me?”
 
Inuyasha laughed and lifted her chin. “I could never hate you. Get fucking mad with you, yea, but never, ever hate you.”
 
Kagome gave a watery smile then punched him in the chest.
 
“Ow!” Inuyasha clutched his chest. “Hey, what was that for?”
 
Kagome gave him a devilish grin. “That's for getting fucking mad!”
 
Inuyasha narrowed his eyes and Kagome squealed and tried to move out of his grasp. Inuyasha pinned her down and began tickling her. Kagome screamed with laughter, wiggling to get away. Inuyasha finally stopped tickling when she started gasping for breath. Looking at the red faced, gasping girl under him, Inuyasha couldn't resist giving her a kiss. The little breath Kagome had regained was taken away by the tenderness and heat in the kiss.
 
Kagome relaxed and opened her mouth, allowing the kiss to deepen. Both tongues dueled for dominance as Inuyasha hands roamed down Kagome's back. When he reached her silky covered bottom, Inuyasha couldn't help but give it a firm but gentle squeeze. He then slid his hand through the front waistband, teasing the dark, moist curls, his finger gently grazing her clit.
 
At the sudden touch, Kagome released Inuyasha's mouth to moan. That moan emboldened Inuyasha to continue to stroke the sensitive nub. Inuyasha had his head buried in the curve of Kagome's neck, kissing and nipping at the sensitive skin. The sounds of Kagome's enjoyment only made him rock hard.
 
Kagome melted at his touch. She could feel the orgasm building inside her, trying to claw it's way out of her. When Inuyasha pushed two fingers into her warm, wet channel, Kagome found herself, arching off the bed to meet the thrusting fingers. That thrusting combined with Inuyasha's continued stroking of the sensitive pearl pushed Kagome right over the edge. Inuyasha captured her mouth with his to muffle the scream of passion coming from Kagome.
 
As she lay gasping for breath, Kagome's hands had a mind of their own as they pulled at the buckle of Inuyasha's belt. He reached down to unfasten the buckle and help her removed his pants. As the pants and silk boxers were pushed down, Inuyasha's cock sprang free. Kagome wrapped her hands around it, gently pulling him closer to her waiting sex. Inuyasha looked at Kagome, questions and lust burning in his amber eyes.
 
“Are you sure about this?”
 
Before Kagome could answer, Inuyasha fell back on the bed. “FUCK!”
 
Kagome sat up. She thought she had hurt Inuyasha. “What's wrong? Did I hurt you? Oh my goodness, I'm sorry…”
 
Inuyasha pulled her over on top of him and laughed.
 
“You didn't do anything wrong. Sesshomaru just came in the front door and he has someone with him. I know he has no tact and won't wait for us to finish this.” He gave Kagome a nuzzle. “I plan on taking my time with you.”
 
Kagome looked at his dancing amber eyes and gave him a peck on the lips. “I'm going to hold you to that.” She then gave a saucy grin. “But what are we going to do about this?”, giving his cock a gentle squeeze.
 
Inuyasha moaned and slid Kagome from on top of him. “If you keep doing that, it'll get used.” Inuyasha reluctantly rolled off the bed. “I'm going to get in a cold shower. Sesshomaru's aura is burning with impatience and he may come knocking soon.”
 
Kagome crossed her arms. “What about me? I can't go out there….juicy!”
 
It was all Inuyasha could do no to laugh at the indignation in Kagome's voice and on her face.
 
“Well, you go first and be quick.”
 
Kagome jumped out of bed, grabbing her toiletries and hurried in the shower. Inuyasha lay back on the bed, fighting the urge to touch his now aching cock. The only thing he could do was growl in frustration.
 
“When I get out there, I'm going to kick your ass, Sesshomaru!” He knew Sesshomaru could hear him with his sensitive hearing. He heard Sesshomaru chuckle and reply. “You have a bigger problem to deal with first.” His cock gave a jump and all he could do was growl again.
 
When Inuyasha finally emerged from the bedroom, he found everyone sitting in the living room, eating out of takeout boxes. Food had been ordered and the smell of ramen hit Inuyasha's nose and his stomach growled. Kagome had saved him a seat next to her and she held out a container. Gratefully, Inuyasha took the container and chopsticks and began devouring ramen. Sesshomaru shook his head at his little brother. Some things never change.
 
“Dr. Saito, is here to give everyone a check up and make sure their `adventure' wasn't too taxing. I also have new information about tomorrow.”
 
The first thing Inuyasha realized about Dr. Saito was the fact he was hanyou. Dr. Saito saw Inuyasha look at him curiously and responded to the look.
 
“Yes, I am hanyou. My mother is human and my father is a wolf yokai. I grew up in Japan and in the U.S. but moved here permanently to attend high school and university.”
 
Inuyasha nodded and continued to eat. Miroku stood up. “Well, since I'm finished, I'll go first.”
 
The doctor grabbed his bag and followed Miroku into a bedroom. Compelling everyone's exam took close to two hours. Even Inuyasha had one, grumbling and complaining the whole time. At the end, Dr. Saito gave everyone a clean bill of health and a special tea to drink before bed to completely remove the effects of Chikako's concoction.
 
 
After the doctor left, everyone gathered to hear with Sesshomaru had to discuss. Kagome found herself snuggled under Inuyasha's arm. She had to admit to herself that she was VERY sexually attracted to him but there was something else that made her feel safe and protected with him. True, she had been under a two-year dry spell but she didn't want to confuse lust with love. Kagome found herself dragged from the depth of her thoughts by Inuyasha lightly tapping her cheek. She looked up, startled that she had been so lost in her own thoughts.
 
Sesshomaru looked at all of them. “There is so much everyone needs to know about Yuji. He is a truly formidable foe. He has the power of seduction which makes it harder to fight him because he can make his victims want him.”
 
Miroku frowned. “Why don't you start at the beginning? You said Yuji was around during the time of Naraku. How did we not know about him?”
 
Sesshomaru nodded. “Yuji was born human in the Northern Mountains. He became a priest but his heart was black with evil and he used the position to corrupt and take what he wanted. He used his power as priest to instill fear in the villagers and finally he was killed by the men of a village who had had enough of his corruption and violations to the kamis.”
 
Sango gasped. “How horrible! He was so wicked.”
 
Kagome pondered. “If he was killed, how did he return?”
 
Sesshomaru continued. “Because his soul was so evil, it did not pass on. It was reborn as daitengu. It retained the spiritual powers he had in life but he also has the ability to steal spiritual power and the life aura from people.”
 
Inuyasha jumped in at this point. “But what does all of this have to do with Kagome? Why didn't he try to get her during the feudal era?”
 
“During the feudal era, he was weak. He cloaked himself to hide from Naraku. Everyone heard about the powerful miko that helped to slay Naraku” Sesshomaru looked at Kagome, “but by the time he learned of Naraku's death, Kagome was gone back to her time so he wasn't able to find her.”
 
Miroku interjected. “So he wants Kagome's spiritual powers?”
 
Sesshomaru nodded. “Yes. Being a priest, he knew how the jewel truly corrupted so he did not want it, but he realized he could have something more powerful and pure than the jewel.”
 
Kagome whispered. “My powers.”
 
Everyone looked at Kagome. She suddenly felt forlorn and was glad to feel the warmth of Inuyasha holding her. Sesshomaru stared a moment longer then spoke.
 
“Right now he is able to steal the powers of humans and he can also take the powers of lesser demons. With your power, he would be strong enough to steal the auras of strong demons. Once he has demon power, he may be unstoppable.”
 
Inuyasha held on to Kagome tighter “What do we need to be looking out for?”
 
Sesshomaru looked into his brother's eyes. He knew this would not be a battle that Inuyasha would be able to just swing a sword and it be over. Yuji was cunning and would use his immense skills to his advantage. He could make Kagome come to him of her own free will and Inuyasha could be powerless to stop her….short of taking her life. There may only one way to prevent the daitengu from being able to completely control Kagome but he would have to talk to Inuyasha about that privately.
 
“Yuji has many powers. He can bespell a person and make them lose track of time. He can make you desire him and come of your own free will. He has to ability to make you see visions, beautiful or horrible, depending on how he feels. He feeds on fear. He can absorb the aura of fear as easily as he can eat food. For Yuji, fear is power.”
 
Sango wondered out loud. “Does anyone know how he looks?”
 
“I've never seen him personally. I'm told he is supposed to be beautiful. He has long black hair and unusual emerald green eyes. His eyes are the source of his power.”
 
Everyone sat silent. How could you defeat someone who can control people by bewitching them? Kagome felt sick to her stomach. She could see the shock and horror mingling on everyone's faces. Formidable was an understatement. A plan was going to have to be devised but that would take time and it seemed that Yuji was ready to begin making his move.
 
 
The rest of the evening was spent planning. Sesshomaru, Miroku and Inuyasha discussed security issues at the party tomorrow night. Kagome and Sango made stylist appointments and worked on their online courses. Kagome refused to let school suffer because her life had turned into craziness in the space of a week. She had worked long and hard to finish university and with only a few months left, Kagome was determined to continue to be successful. She didn't realize she had started nodding off until Inuyasha called her name and she jerked her eyes open, dazed because she had been sleeping and unaware of it.
 
Inuyasha had to laugh at her sleepy face. “I made the drink the doctor left for you but it seems you may not need it.”
 
Kagome rubbed her eyes and glared at him. “I was just resting my eyes. Everything that's happening plus studying can be taxing on the nerves.”
 
Holding out the cup, Inuyasha continued to smile at Kagome. “So can early mornings and late nights. Drink up and I promise to let you sleep late.”
 
Kagome stretched and yawned. Taking the cup, she looked around the room. “Where are Sango and Miroku?”
 
Inuyasha went around the living room, turning off lights. “Sango went to sleep about 10 minutes ago. She was just like you, typing and sleep. Miroku went to his own apartment tonight. He'll be back tomorrow. Sesshomaru is gone home.”
 
“Oh” was Kagome's only response. She took a sniff of the drink and wrinkled up her face. “What is it about all of these foul smelling concoctions? Good tasting medicine would be so much better.”
 
Inuyasha stopped in front of Kagome. “Just pinch your nose together and drink. It'll help it go down easier.”
 
Looking at Inuyasha skeptically, Kagome pinched her nose together and took a big gulp. After swallowing the foul drink, she continued to breath through her mouth.
 
Inuyasha rolled his eyes at the gasping Kagome. “Let go now.”
 
Kagome let go and stood up. “ I knew that! I was just making sure the taste was completely gone.”
 
Inuyasha shook his head as Kagome went past him and walked into the bedroom. Once there, Kagome switched on the bedside lamp. As she sat on the foot of the bed, Kagome continued to yawn. “What was that stuff anyway? It seems like I can't stop yawning.”
 
“It's called the draught of the dreamless sleep. It allows you to sleep deeply without dreams so your body can actually rest.” Inuyasha reached in a dresser drawer and handed Kagome a nightshirt.
 
Kagome pulled her t-shirt over her head, removed her bra and grabbed the nightshirt front him. In her haste, she forgot that she was topless. When she noticed Inuyasha eyes fix on her chest, she hurriedly pulled the shirt over her head.
 
“In other words, I'm taking a sedative?” Kagome asked trying to divert Inuyasha's attention, while she finished removing her clothes.
 
“In a manner of speaking. It's natural, so none of the nasty prescription side effects. You'll sleep and wake up feeling great.” He went to Kagome's side of the bed and pulled the covers back.
 
“Don't worry, I meant it when I said I wouldn't ravish you tonight. I truly intend on taking my time with you.”
 
Kagome blushed hotly at his words. She remembered their earlier activities and wondered how could she stand it when they actually consummated the act. Looking into Inuyasha's eyes, she could see the thinly veiled lust simmering below the surface. She could also see something else there. Looking away, Kagome didn't know if she was ready to accept his love for her. There was so much to figure out and she knew they needed to have a serious conversation before somebody wound up broken hearted.
 
“When will you tell me what you did while you we waiting for me?” Kagome asked as she pulled the covers over her.
 
Inuyasha looked at the ebony-haired beauty in his bed. He had to remember this would take patience. Even with her memories returning, everything was still new to Kagome “Friday, after the party. We go out and find somewhere to talk privately. I'll tell you anything you want to know.”
 
Kagome nodded and yawned hugely.
 
Inuyasha turned off the lamp. “Go to sleep, Koibito. You need to rest.”
 
Kagome could barely say goodnight before she was out like a light.
 
Inuyasha walked out the bedroom to fix his own sleeping draught when his cell phone rang. The tune let him know it was Sesshomaru.
 
“What is it?” Inuyasha greeted the intruding call. He heard a faint chuckle and his brother's voice.
 
“After all of these centuries, one would think you'd learn phone manners. Come over, I have some things I needed to share with you privately. The door will be open.”
 
Before Inuyasha could respond, he heard the click of the line disconnecting. Grumbling about phone manners, Inuyasha went next door to Sesshomaru's penthouse. While the layout of both penthouses were the same, that was where the similarity ended. Inuyasha living room was modern but cozy, filled with very masculine leather furniture, rich cherry floors and the most modern electronics available. Sesshomaru's living room, on the other hand, perfectly fit his nature to a tee. A study in black and white, Inuyasha always felt like a little child entering Sesshomaru's place. From the white carpeting and white furniture, the only accents were black, glass or silver. Inuyasha found it hard to understand how his brother could live in a page out of Architectural Digest.
 
Sesshomaru sat on the couch, clad in a black silk robe and matching lounging pants, a glass of red wine in his hand. His hair fanned out and nearly blended in with the material covering the couch. Inuyasha took a seat on the matching love seat across the glass and metal coffee table. Quiet music played from hidden speakers.
 
“What was so important that couldn't wait until morning?”
 
Sesshomaru blinked but said nothing. He realized the subject he was about to broach was not an easy one and he wasn't totally sure if Inuyasha had intended on going this far with the miko.
 
“I wanted to propose an idea to you.”
 
Inuyasha gave Sesshomaru a look of exasperation. Sometime, he wondered, why couldn't Sesshomaru just spit out what he had to say?
 
“Well, what is it? I've been handling the business end of several deals working and nothing has come up unusual. I don't think I can work another deal right now.”
 
Sesshomaru continued to give him the same, baleful stare. “It concerns you and the miko.”
 
Inuyasha looked at Sesshomaru with a wary expression. “Call her Kagome and what kind of idea is floating around in you head?”
 
Sesshomaru stood and went to his bar to refill his now empty glass. After offering Inuyasha a glass and being turned down, Sesshomaru returned to his seat.
 
“There is a way to protect Kagome so Yuji wouldn't be able to have total control of her mind.”
 
Inuyasha was incredulous. He couldn`t believe that Sesshomaru would hold out that type of information.
 
“Why haven't you said anything before now?”
 
Sesshomaru replied. “Because it really depends on Kagome and if she wants this to happen. It also depends on you and if you are willing to be bonded for the rest of your life.”
 
Inuyasha looked at Sesshomaru, confused. “Bonded….you mean, mark her as my mate?”
 
With grave eyes, Sesshomaru nodded. “By mating with Kagome, you'll be able to sense anything going on with her. You will also have a connection with each other that will be strong enough to help block Yuji. It'll be similar to combining your demon power with her spiritual powers.”
 
Inuyasha continued to stare at his brother. “But she has to be willing?”
 
Again, Sesshomaru nodded. “For the mating to truly bond, yes, she has to be willing. You can't force the marks on her.”
 
Inuyasha leaned back, running his fingers through his head, thinking.
 
`It's all too soon. I can tell she's not sure about a lot of things. Dammit! I don't want to force her to make a decision like that, just for protection. I want her to make that decision because…'
 
Inuyasha wouldn't dare think any further. He wanted Kagome but hadn't thought that far ahead. They just cleared the biggest milestone this morning and now here Sesshomaru was talking about making everything permanent.
 
Sesshomaru interrupted Inuyasha's wandering thoughts. “I'm not saying you have to make a decision today. Just know the option is on the table. I hope that Yuji doesn't make it necessary before the time is right. Mating is a natural progression of a relationship and you and Kagome are basically starting out new.”
 
Inuyasha leaned forward, resting his hands on his knees. “I'm just not sure where Kagome is with all of this. I know she is attracted to me but I'm not sure if she feels anything else.” He gave a loud sigh. “I just don't want to push her away after all of this time.”
 
Sesshomaru stood and walked to his brother. Placing his hand on Inuyasha's shoulder, Sesshomaru tried to offer comfort. “I don't think the miko is going any where. Let's just hope that Yuji isn't planning anything for tomorrow. We'll just have to keep our senses up and ready.”
 
Inuyasha nodded in response and with that left to return to his own home. After dressing for sleep, Inuyasha drank his drought. Curling up in bed next to a sleeping Kagome, he was pleasantly surprised when she scooted closer to him and went back to sleep. Wrapping his arms around his miko, Inuyasha thought back on Sesshomaru's words.
 
“She's not going any where. I'm never letting her go again.”
 
And he drifted off into dreamless sleep.