InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Memories that brough us back ❯ A twist in fate ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

That was quick wasn't it. I guess I just can't help but feel a need to finish this thingy! Well I have had a few ideas, but hey, I liketh them anyways! So let's get going.

Chapter five.

A twist in fate.
By: pan-pan.

Naraku found himself staring at two golden slits.
"...."
"Naraku, what just happened?" Sesshomaru asked.
"..."
"Naraku."
"....mm..."
"Tell me what happened or I'll kill you."
"You can't though, because you're wounded." Naraku stated.
Sesshomaru looked down to see that indeed Naraku had bandaged up his frontal wound.
"It's misbandaged right here." Sesshomaru said pointing to a part around his mid-section.
"Oh, that'll have to do." Naraku said. Sesshomaru went about looking himself over because it hurt to much to move about really.
Naraku stood up and headed towards the door.
"Where are you going?" Sesshomaru asked him.
Naraku smiled silently, "I'm going to tend to a bit of business, I'll be back in a little bit, you get your rest. You need it."
(A/N: at the rate things are going, he's gonna need all he can get..)
Sesshomaru heard the door shut and then sighed.
"Damn." he muttered to himself.
He shut his eyes, and then opened them again quickly.
He couldn't help it, but every time that he had shut his eyes, he could feel the strength of the kiss, but, that was stupid, he shouldn't be thinking of that.
"What I need t know, is how to get out of here." he said silently to himself.
He began to think up a plan and he was halfway into a good idea, when the feeling hit him again suddenly.
It was the same one he had gotten when he had been kissed. His back had tingled right down his spine, his whole body had become sensitive to the touch, and It had been strong enough to awaken him from his deep sleep.
Something about that just made him curious.
Sesshomaru decided it would be best to put the plans of escape aside a moment and think about this.
He didn't know why, but now that he had felt that, and thought about it, it had felt rather.... .gratifying to have been kissed and it been so simple yet sincere.
And for some lord -only-knows reason, Sesshomaru yearned for more.
'But why? And how, I'm not supposed to do that.....but I want it..... or...need it even.....but it's just not natural....forget what's natural..... aww hell, forget what they think!'
Sesshomaru ended his debate with himself quickly, somehow afraid of what would come about.
"I just need some sleep." Sesshomaru said silently and he did so.
-.- E
-.- L
-.- S
-.- W E
-,-. H
-.- E
-.- R
-.- E


He walked towards the kitchen and grabbed the tray that had been made out for the guest.
"Cook! What's in this?" he demanded.
A small purple dog-person let his head pop out of the freezer. "Wha`? Just a minute."
The creature walked towards him and looked at the plate.
"That's chicken soup, always makes .em better.
Some levenleaf bread, a favorite.
That's shimoru tea, not to common, but a very good muscle relaxant."
The chef pointed them out and then turned to Naraku.
"It's everything you asked for. Hey, Sir, can I ask you a question?" the little thing asked.
"What is it Jouzin?"
"Well, you look a little distracted, I know you normally keep to yourself, but, well, I think if it has to do with that prisoner then I can help."
Naraku raised an eye-brow."What do you know about those such things."
"Oh, quite a good bit. My parents were the same way you are." he said.
'Great,' Naraku thought, 'getting advice from the cook.' but he listened anyway.
"Well, when my parents met, they were just acquaintances at first, but then one moved in a bit quickly, it caught the other off guard, and before they knew it, they were happily together." the chef went about cleaning the dishes as he spoke.
"What makes you think you know exactly what's going on with me?" Naraku asked.
The chef smiled, "Well, you see, you're right above the kitchen, so if you have the window open, and I do too, then I can hear you, and you should be able to hear me."
Naraku nodded, smiling at the cleverness of the chef. "Yes, I've heard some things as well when they were open. I just didn't think anyone would use it the other way."
"Yes, well when you were up there talking to yourself about what to do with our guest, I just had to mention something. I guess a bit of encouragement."
Naraku walked out the door, making a mental note to add something to his paycheck. He headed down the stairs once more and into the guest room which housed his fascinating guest.
Sesshomaru could hear the footsteps and was awake by the time Naraku walked inside.
"I brought you something to eat." Naraku said putting the tray down.
Sesshomaru struggled a bit, then found himself in an upright position.
"What are you up to Naraku?"
"Me? What do you mean by that? You make it sound as if I'm out to get you."
"....Normally you are."
"Well not today." Naraku said. He put the tray before Sesshomaru.
"Now, eat."
Sesshomaru stared at it, and then at Naraku.
"It's not poisoned."
Sesshomaru's stomach gave an encouraging gurgle to eat it. So, he grabbed a spoon, and after a sniff or two he braved himself to take a bite.
A few minutes later, there was no food left.
Sesshomaru and Naraku sat there, both drinking the tea that had been put there for them by Jouzin.
It was silent, and tension was strong, they both had something on their minds and they knew it was the same thing.
"Naraku, what you-"
"Sesshomaru about the-"
they both stopped, having started speaking at the same time, it was only normal they go back to silent mode for another ten minutes or so.
Finally Sesshomaru spoke up.
"Naraku, what you did back there, why did you do it?" Sesshomaru asked.
"...well....eh..I did it, because, I don't know exactly myself." Naraku said.
"Well, thank you for the meal." Sesshomaru said, deciding that that would be enough interogation for now.
Naraku looked out the window that lay over the bed Sesshomaru was in. Outside there was a bird singing, and the sound seemed unusually enchanting.
Naraku turned to Sesshomaru, thinking of what the chef had said.
"Catching them off guard, eh?" he muttered to himself.
"What wasthat?" Sesshomaru asked turning to him.
Naraku smiled, deciding that if this didn't work, he could always just kill him.

To be continued......


........-.- ........I so bad....Ha-ha-ha!!!....well, I hope you've enjoyed this chapter, because I've enjoyed writing it.
Naraku: what are you doing cutting us off like that?
Pan-pan: it's good for suspense.
Sesshomaru: well I demand that you write more!
Pan-pan:*Stares at Sesshomaru and Naraku* Sorry Sessy. You and ku-ku have to wait!
Naraku: ku-ku?! What the hell?
Sesshomaru:...Sessy?..Sessy.....Sessy?
Pan-pan: it a cyoot name! I think I'll change your names now
~POOOFY!!!~
Ku-ku: AGH! What the hell are you doing to us?
Sessy: Sessy... isn't that a french food?
Pan-pan: Well I'll see all of you later okay?
Kay! Bye! -.-