InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Blood ❯ Anxiety ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{} {}{} {}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{} {}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
Author's Notes:
A bit late but, Happy NEW YEAR! It's 2012…dun, dun, dun! Oh, who am I kidding! The end of the world thing is total BS. Happy New Year guys! I hope everyone has a wonderful year! Anyway, I'm SO excited for this chapter. Why? Because it's setting things up for a certain someone to meet a certain sexy someone…heh heh heh. I hope you enjoy!
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha, nor do I take any credit for Romiko Takahashi's genius, but I thank her for making such enjoyable characters to write about.
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{} {}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{} {}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
REVIEWERS! Keep em coming please! A little more wouldn't hurt! Even if it's something as random as, “oh, that was crazy,” would be much appreciated! Okay, I just know that someone's going to say that just because I wrote it here…Thanks again! You guys are wonderful!
@ SPLENDID GODDESS: I loves you THIIIIIS much. You're the best reviewer EVER! And you're consistent! I'm glad you liked the twist. I always thought zombies and bloodsuckers went together. Glad that there's someone who agrees! I hope you enjoy this chapter! *Wink* Don't feel too bad for Inuyasha…all good things to those who wait…whether it's the audience or Inuyasha, I'm not telling!
@ SUNNY MOON: Lol, your name is a bit of paradox, but it's awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed the last chapter. Sorry this one took so long, but I hope you enjoy anyway
`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~` ~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~ `~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Anxiety
`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~` ~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~ `~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Three months of nothing: no news and no leads. Inuyasha sat on his bed, growling at the sun for being out and hating the fact that he was unable to get the rest he was in desperate need of. For four weeks straight he looked for Kagome, and despaired as each day went by and she was nowhere to be found. He would have kept looking for something, anything that would have hinted what had happened to her. But when the family noticed that there hadn't been a single attack in the weeks following her disappearance, he had no choice but to stop looking and start concentrating on the angry appraisals that came from the nightwalkers under their rule.
The people were angry that the King and his family were unable to tell them if the attacks were over for good or if they were in a temporary stalemate. Inuyasha ground his teeth together. “Damn bastards.” He hissed. “Don't you think that if we knew that kind of information, we'd tell you?” It was bad enough that they didn't know why the attacks suddenly stopped, and it didn't help that many nightwalkers were upset that the King's family hadn't protected them properly from the attacks. Nightwalkers kept visiting their house, and the houses of the main leaders, complaining about how they couldn't keep things in order, or about how there was no news to be received. Things were so hectic. When he wasn't looking for Kagome, he was spending all his time trying to keep relations between the nightwalkers and the King's family under control.
In addition to having no idea where his mate might be, or if she were even alive, and trying to keep the peace, he worried about the fact that Kouga was still unconscious. The damn man was still lying in his bed and his family members were blaming them for both Kouga's condition and the fact that Toji was killed. If the man would wake up, at least they could have some kind of hint about what the hell was going on. And, as much as Inuyasha wanted to figure out just what was behind this mess, his thoughts just went back to his mate over and over.
Where was she? What happened to her? He kept repeating those questions in his mind over and over for three months. At first, the family helped him search for her, but as time went on, and there was nothing, they began to fear the worst. He would never accept so easily. The only way he'd stop looking was if he found tangible proof that she was gone for good. He shuddered, hoping that such a thing would never happen. He didn't think he could bear it if it did.
There was a knock. He snapped back to reality and stared at the door, debating if he should bother answering; he wasn't in the mood to deal with the family unless he had to. Deciding that it was best to wait until his “guest” was gone, he remained quiet. But the knocking didn't stop. “I know you're in there, Inuyasha. May I please come in?”
He slumped back down on his bed and turned away from the door.
There was another knock.
“Will you let me in? Or do I have to break the door down?”
With a groan, he said, “What do you want, Lilliana?”
“I need to talk to you.”
“Can it wait until night, I'm tired.” He lied. He was too stressed to sleep.
“No. I'm coming in.”
Inuyasha huffed as he stood. Lilliana strode into the room with a thoughtful look on her face. “Well, what do you want?” Inuyasha said. She raised her brows at his bluntness, but then shook her head. Whether it was to shake off his hostility or get rid of the annoyance she might have felt because of it, Inuyasha didn't know. Her mouth set in a firm line, she faced him. “It's about this sudden cease fire.”
“Not this again. Listen, I'll listen to more of this at the meetings later, do you mind if…”
“Listen to me.” Lilliana said more forcefully. Inuyasha blinked at her, standing straighter. “Okay, what is it?”
Lilliana stared at him with an intense expression. Then, her seriousness melted away and was replaced by a wary, almost forlorn expression. “I've brought it up to the other family members, but they all think I'm being paranoid, or…upset about Kagome's disappearance. Well, I am upset, but I'm not so sure that's the cause of this…feeling I have.”
Suddenly nervous, Inuyasha asked, “What feeling?”
Lilliana opened and closed her hands in front of her, as though trying to catch the words from the air. “I have this urge, this idea, that something is wrong. Something's missing, something going to happen…that I'm…”
“That you're in the most danger. That you're being watched, that you're being hunted.” Inuyasha finished for her.
She looked up at him with wide eyes. “How did you know?”
He looked down at the floor. “I felt that way earlier, when Rukiya and I were heading toward Kanna's family. I couldn't bring myself to say it then. I thought I was being crazy, but I was sure something had happened to the family, and that I had to come back…that I was in some deep shit, something was out there that was ready to make me suffer…I'm beginning to understand why Kagome felt so scared.”
He looked back up at Lilliana. “Do you think the two are connected?”
Lilliana nodded. “It's just a hunch, but don't you think it's strange that these attacks suddenly stopped?”
“Who doesn't?”
She pressed the tips of her fingers together in front of her face, narrowing her eyes and pressing her lips together in a firm line. “Well, I've been thinking about it. It feels like a temporary cease-fire. I don't know how these attacks started and why they stopped, but I feel as though they're not going to end…in fact I'm almost sure of it, I don't know how. I can't predict what's going to happen…”
“But?”
“I just know, I don't know how, but I just know, that something is going to happen. Did you feel the same way?”
Inuyasha thought for a moment and then shook his head. “I felt as though something had gone wrong, I was sure something had happened, but I didn't know if something was going to happen.”
“That's not the only thing I've been worrying about, Inuyasha.” Lilliana said forebodingly. “Don't you think it's strange that these attacks stopped after Kagome disappeared?”
“I did. What about it?” He almost whispered, feeling the tingle of a growl deep in his throat.
Lilliana gave him a hard look. “If I were to think like an enemy, if I have what I wanted, I'd see no reason to send out people to search for it anymore.”
“You mean to tell me, that those things might have her?” Inuyasha almost spat.
“No.” She brought her hands up in front of him when he took a step forward. “This is pure conjecture at this point. When I think about it, about the behavior of these attackers, I'm sure that if something had happened to Kagome, we would have found a body. Just listen!” She added when she saw how Inuyasha took in an angry breath. “It doesn't seem like these things are capable of completely making someone disappear without a hint of some kind of death. They don't seem smart enough…unless there was a leader giving them orders.”
“But what would this leader want with Kagome? Ransom?”
“Could be. But if they were out to blackmail us, wouldn't they have sent a messenger by now? Why would they wait this long to let us know they have her?”
Inuyasha turned his head away to think for a while. Using Lilliana's words, he began to think like an enemy. “Maybe they want us to sweat it out, to make us give up on searching for her so that when we get news that she's alive, we'd give in to any demand as long as it gets her back.” He felt his throat burn with another growl. “Assuming that is what's happening.” The look he gave her must have been a mixture of sadness and anger, because she frowned at him sympathetically and then her eyes hardened with determination.
“We have no proof.” He said before she could speak.
“But it's the only lead we've got.”
He sighed, though it sounded more like a whine and a growl combined because of his frustration, and rubbed his forehead with his thumb and index finger. “So what do you purpose we do about it huh? It's a long shot and besides, it's not like we have time to go look. Any second now, some pissed off subject is going to come in and bitch at us for not doing our job and if we leave to do some searching, either we're going to get complaints from nightwalkers, or Sesshoumaru for leaving. Believe me, I'd jump at the chance to look for her if there were any real clues about where she is, but I can't just up and leave when there's so much to do, even if…”
He covered his mouth. What that the truth? What he wanted to do more then anything was keep looking until he found her. The last three months were a test of his patience as well as a constant strain on his heart. Worry, anger, and despair warred inside him. The thought of her being gone for good frightened him more then anything, and, if he were to be completely honest, he wanted nothing more then to believe Lilliana. It would be so easy to assume what she said, to make guesses like that. The rational part of his mind fought back. Even if what Lilliana was saying were true, how would that help him find Kagome? And yet, he couldn't help but wish she were right. Knowing something, any kind of clue about what happened to her, was better then having no information at all.
His responsibility to the people was important, but his mind would linger on his mate and just how worried sick he was. “Fuck.”
He glared at Lilliana for a while, trying to come up with something to say to her. Deciding it was best to change the subject he asked her why she hadn't told the family about her fears. “I did. Sesshoumaru said we have no proof. And even if we did, we're no closer to understanding the attacks, or tracking Kagome down.”
“Damn it.” He laughed bitterly. “I almost wish an attack would happen. I have this huge urge to kill something.” He brushed passed her and headed for the door. When Lilliana made a squeak, he said, “I'm not going to leave the house.”
Outside his room, he leaned against the door. If he left right then and there to search the city, would any nightwalker notice him? It was rare for him to venture outside during the daylight, but his recent talk with Lilliana made him wish he could go and search for Kagome. He covered his eyes with his hands. The moment she disappeared, everything had gone wrong. The family was more careful then ever about patrol and leaving the house for the sake of safety. No one was allowed to leave alone. At night, all the guards had to stay in contact with Rukiya in case something had gone wrong. And all nightwalker families were told to be on alert. It was like Kagome's disappearance was a wake up call for every nightwalker in the area. Inuyasha ground his teeth together as he remembered what one woman had said. She had come with several members of her family to hear what the King had to say about Kouga's condition. When they noticed that Kagome was missing, and how the family tensed when they asked where she was, it didn't take long for the nightwalkers to put two and two together. “If you can't protect your own family, how do we know that you can protect ours?”
He felt his blood boil just at the thought of it. If he had known that something had happened to her, he would have turned around, forgotten Kanna's family, and come straight home. But his rational mind had overridden his instinct, if that's what this new sense of knowing was. He should have listened to his emotions. He should have…
Suddenly, Inuyasha threw open the door to his room, surprising Lilliana when he went back in and grabbed her by the shoulders. “You said, you just know that something is going to happen?” He asked.
She took a heavy breath, which came out as a gasp because of how quickly he had re-entered the room. “Yes.”
“Like what?” Inuyasha demanded. “Do you know where? Or how?”
“I-I don't know. I just know that something is coming.”
When?”
“I told you, I don't know…but I feel like I'm in trouble.”
“In how much trouble? How threatened do you feel? Do you feel as though, right now, something could come crashing through the wall and attack you?”
Lilliana's face drained of its color. “N-no. Not like that…but like…like it's going to happen sometime in the near future.”
“Do you feel like the family is in danger?”
When Lilliana's eyes became shiny, he eased his grip on her shoulders a little and stepped back. “I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I just…”
“Inuyasha?”
He dragged his hands over his face. “When I was heading toward Kanna's, I had this sense that something had happened to the family. Then, when I came back, Kagome and Natalia were attacked. I didn't think anything of that feeling at the time, and I ignored it until now because I was worried about Kagome. I wonder if what you feel is going to predict something similar.” After a pause, he added, “We should tell the family.” Then he ushered Lilliana toward the door.
“What about Kagome?”
Inuyasha tightened his right hand into a fist so hard that his claws began to sink into his palm. He had to follow his instincts first. “I haven't given up on finding her. She has to be alive, and she wouldn't want me to wallow in guilt. But right now, we should warn the family. Look at what happened the last time I ignored my instincts. Come on.”
“Uh, Inuyasha.”
“What now? We don't time to-”
“Uncle?”
Blinking, Inuyasha turned to see Taiki standing in the doorway. The boy must have seen the nervous look on Inuyasha's face, for his hands tightened around the stuff dog that he was holding to his chest. Smiling, Inuyasha went and knelt down in front of his nephew. “What are you doing up, kid? Shouldn't you be sleeping so that those fangs come in nice and easy?” He patted the boy on the head.
Taiki blushed and then said. “I was hungry and Mommy was asleep.”
“Should we go down the kitchen and get you a nice bone to chew on?” Lilliana asked as she came closer, holding her hand out.
Taiki shook his head. “No, he already helped me eat.”
“Who?”
“The wolf man. He asked me to get you.”
“Wolf man? You mean…Kouga?” Lilliana said breathlessly.
“That's him. He asked for Auntie Kagome, but I told him she wasn't home. Uncle Inuyasha? When is she coming back? Everyone is so sad that she's gone.”
So caught up in what Taiki had just said, he only had a moment to figure out the rest of the boy's sentence. “She'll be back soon. I promise.” Then he stood and looked at Lilliana. She nodded and ran down the hall behind the Taiki.
“Listen Taiki.” Inuyasha held his nephew's hand hand. “Why don't you go and wake your dad up okay? Tell him the wolf man is awake.” He gave the boy's tiny hand a soft squeeze.
“Oh, okay. Uncle, Auntie Kagome is okay, right?”
Thinking that his face might betray what his heart felt, Inuyasha hugged Taiki and said into his ear, “She's fine. She's just out exploring. Now be a good boy and get your dad okay?”
Though his voice was little off, the gesture must have been enough to reassure Taiki for he smiled and then went down the hall toward Sesshoumaru's room. But Inuyasha's heart wasn't comforted. The moment Taiki started to climb up the stairs, the moment he was out of sight, Inuyasha raced toward the kitchen.
`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~` ~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~ `~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
She threw a chair at the door, a second after it closed. The door cracked inward and then swung open because of the force. Kagome grabbed the handle, glared at the man standing in the hall and then slammed the door closed in his face. Damn it. She was so close! Damn that Narek!
Slumping down on her bed, she growled as she remembered how she was almost free of this room. For two months she had behaved, bided her time, waited and observed, looking for the perfect chance to escape. And just an hour ago, the house was deserted except for her and Xander. Lucy and Chase had gone out, and Narek was nowhere to be found. Kagome had searched the house for a hint that he might be there, holed up somewhere in his solitude like he usually was. She found Xander in the living room watching, Kagome let out a disgusted groan, porn. He was so into what he was watching (and doing) that he didn't sense Kagome creep up behind him. She had hit Xander's head hard enough to knock him out and then was out of the house within minutes.
Out in the city, Kagome was keeping to the shadows, looking over her shoulder for a pursuer. She was almost at the foothills, just next to one of the freeways, when Narek had caught up with her. Damn bastard! He had gone home, found Xander, and tracked her down, dragging her squirming, biting, kicking ass back to the room she hated so much. Kagome felt her claws ripping the sheets on her bed.
It was just her luck. Knowing Lucy, she'd probably start assigning Narek to keep a close eye on her like she had done the first few times she'd tried to escape. In the weeks following her kidnapping, Kagome focused on recovering her strength and trying to get information from Lucy before she planned her escape. But, though her strength did recover, Lucy was as tight lipped as ever about what was going on. The only thing that Kagome had learned of was that they were searching for something.
She often found Lucy pacing and mumbling things such as, “who would have it,” or, “does it even exist still,” or, “do they know where to find one.” Whatever it was, it was really important. When Kagome had asked if the slaves and their master were looking for something, Lucy wouldn't answer. She'd tell Kagome not to worry. At least Lucy was kind enough to tell Kagome that Natalia was alive and well and that there hadn't been any attacks since her kidnapping.
Damn Lucy. She still insisted on giving Kagome as little information as possible. It was bad enough she was kidnapped, with no idea of what was going on in the outside world--Narek and the others didn't seem inclined to tell her anything either--but Kagome constantly worried about her family. Were they angry with her? Were they searching for her? And what about Inuyasha? How worried was he? Did he blame himself for her disappearance? Was he going as nuts as she was? And why hadn't he found her already!
Kagome took a deep breath. Of course he wouldn't find her. Narek would make sure of that, damn loyal dog that he was. Besides the constant worry about her family, her intense wish to tell Inuyasha that she was fine, the annoyance at being kept a prisoner, Kagome was so bored. And it didn't help that she had nowhere to channel her pent up energy, or anyone to channel it toward. For three months, Xander had been her irritating yet constant companion. Calling the little bastard a douche was putting it lightly. Kagome wanted to strangle him. He made constant perverted remarks about her, and kept asking Kagome about Claire. It didn't help that Kagome was surrounded by three men, one of whom was the probably one of the most beautiful men she'd ever seen, and that it was summer and there was no way for her to ease her urges. And that damn Xander had picked up on that and had teased her about night and day.
“Little prick.” She'd punched him hard in the nose when she snapped.
“What?” He had said, holding his nose. “Can't take a joke?”
Kagome growled. She should have hit him in the head harder. At least that way he would have been knocked out longer and wouldn't have seen Narek to tell him that she had escaped.
Now she was back here, with nothing to do but worry and read. On her third week here, when her body was fully healed, Kagome had gone exploring. The house Lucy lived in was a penthouse, somewhere by the beach, maybe in Santa Monica. It had two floors. Kagome's room was on the second floor between to Lucy's room, a spare room they probably used for guests, and Chase's room. Narek and Xander had room's downstairs. Below were the kitchen, dining and living rooms. There was also a library Kagome had discovered on the first floor. The room was packed with everything from novels, to scientific journals, to medical texts, which, Kagome learned from Chase, all belonged to Narek. With little to do for three months, Kagome had spent most of her time there, reading every novel she could find before she moved on to reading books about warfare, politics, and some old books about supernatural beings in different cultures.
But sadly, none of the books had any helpful information, and Kagome would have tried snooping around in the other rooms, but there was always someone keeping a close eye on her. In fact, Xander's mishap was probably the only chance she would have gotten to be completely alone. Damn it! Kagome thought.
The only thing she found tolerable about this imprisonment was Chase. She hated him the least. He was calm and patient with her tantrums, and often tried to give her words of comfort, which, normally, Kagome would have accepted, if not for the fact that he had helped Xander kidnap and keep her here.
There was a knock on her door and Kagome felt her skin burn as Lucy's scent flooded into the room. “Go the hell away before I completely flip my lid!” She yelled.
Lucy opened the door and came in anyway, and before Kagome could jump from the bed to try and strangle her, Lucy said, “Tried to escape again did you?”
“Well can you blame me?” Kagome pulled her bedcover up and then slid onto the mattress, covering her head with a blanket. “Go away.”
“Are you sure you want me to leave? This might be the last time I give you this chance.”
“What?” Kagome said without moving. “Are you going to take away my TV rights if I don't listen? Am I allowed to go to the movies now mom?”
“While I appreciate your sarcasm, I've come here to grant your wish?”
“Oh? And what's that?”
“I'm giving you a chance to leave.”
Kagome sat up in bed and glared suspiciously at Lucy. “Really? You've kept me here for three agonizing months, told me nothing, kept my family in the dark, kept telling me I was in danger when there wasn't a single attack and now you're letting me leave?”
“Sounds about right.”
“Bullshit.”
“My, such filthy language.”
Kagome got out of bed and walked toward Lucy, looking down at her. “As if you'd really let me leave here. You were so hell bent on keeping me here before.”
Lucy didn't even blink; she waved an arm toward the open door behind her. “You're free to go. The boys won't chase you.”
Kagome narrowed her eyes. “What's the catch?”
“I will release you, no strings attached, on two conditions.”
“Oh here it comes. I'm guessing you don't want me to tell my family anything I learned while I'm here right?”
“Exactly.”
“And what if I do?”
“Then I'll keep you here. Or I could just seal your memories shut.”
Kagome shuddered. “No.”
“Then you'll keep quiet.”
Growling, Kagome nodded, thinking that she could at least drop hints to her family if she needed to. “And no hints either.” Lucy said.
Kagome felt like chocking her. “I forgot you could do that. Fine. I'll keep my mouth shut. But just what am I supposed to tell them? I can't just up and reappear after three months and say I was out for a vactation.”
“Tell them the truth. They hate Narek and Chase anyway.”
“What's the other condition?”
Lucy's eyes became darker. “If you sense anything, feel like you're in danger, or should you be in way over your head, contact me at once. If you feel that something is coming for you, I want you to return here right away. No, there's no way out of this one. Take it or leave it.”
Kagome stared at Lucy for a long time. “You will keep your word? No one will come after me and drag me back?”
“Not unless you are in danger, no.”
Kagome grabbed Lucy's collar. “How can I trust you?”
“Everything I do is for your safety. There may even be a time when you'll thank me.”
“I highly doubt that.”
Lucy shrugged. “Whatever you will. You're free to go.”
Kagome put Lucy down and headed toward the door. Pausing, she turned to look at Lucy. “Off you go.” Lucy shooed her away with a wave of her hand, the same way a teacher would dismiss a misbehaving student. “Remember our terms.”
Still wary, Kagome made it down the stairs and to the living room. Narek, Chase and Xander looked up at her when she entered and then went back to whatever they were doing. Chase and Narek went back to talking about something in another language, and Xander turned his attention back to a magazine he was looking at, but he did spare a moment to glare at Kagome angrily, rubbing the back of his head.
Kagome made it to the door, opened it, and looked out into the hallway. She looked behind her. No one moved, no one followed and Lucy's voice echoed in her head.
Just leave will you. And you'd better keep your word. Believe me, I'll know if you don't, and I will drag you back here, kicking and screaming if I have to.
And with that, Kagome bolted down the hall, excitement and anxiety warring in her heart at the prospect of being free and reunited with her family again.
`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~` ~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~ `~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Several minutes later, Narek walked into the library, where Lucy was sitting in a sofa chair, reading an old text.
“You were so inclined to keep her here before. Why the sudden change of heart?” Narek asked, leaning against the doorframe.
“Bait.” Lucy answered without looking up from her book.
“Hmm?”
“This pattern of events is concerning. I find this sudden halt in attacks suspicious. I'm taking a gamble. If I'm correct, then we should be seeing another attack soon.”
“And if you are not?”
“Then Kagome should be safe for a while. Then the enemy hasn't caught on to what she is, or they're not looking for her yet. Either way, I want you to tail her, keep an eye on her. If there's a sign of trouble, bring her back here…and kill anyone that pursues.”
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{} {}{} {}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{} {}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
Author's Notes.
Please pardon whatever grammar mistakes I've missed. I've double checked but even I can missed a few. I hope you've enjoyed this chapter! Please review! They keep me going! Thanks and till next time. Jian out!