InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Military Love ❯ Chapter two ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Oh, and there is something in here that may seem homophobic, but believe me it's not. And there is extreme cursing. Okay, please enjoy, and please remember to review! And don't worry, the cursing will tone down a bit. ^-^

Chapter two: In comes Sergeant Higurashi

A heart so pure

All the boys stood in front of a wall with their arms folded behind their backs. Inuyasha was the only exception. He stood with his arms folded in front of his chest. He decided he'd show his defiance so they'd possibly send him home.

"Hello boys." A young woman said. She had long raven black hair that was pulled into a tight bun on her head, and she wore a usual military outfit, combat boots, and all. " My name is Sergeant Higurashi and welcome to Kenneth Burley's boot camp. I hope you all shall enjoy your stay." She looked over each boy and noticed Inuyasha. She frowned and walked to the hanyou standing in front of him, her eyes were focused on his arms.

"Is there a problem, Sergeant Higurashi?"

"Ah. You must be Mr. Inuyasha. Sergeant Sango told me about you. You're a little defiant." She said with a slight hint of happiness in her voice. She would enjoy breaking this one. She always saw it as taming a wild horse and she was more then ready for the challenge.

"Yes, Sergeant. I guess I am a little defiant, but it's in my nature."

"Nature hm? Don't you know you can't wear hats here boy?"

"No. I didn't know, but it is important that I wear a hat, Sergeant.'

"May I ask why, Mr. Inuyasha?"

"Medical reasons." He replied, looking into her eyes.

`His eyes are golden. Wow. They are really are prett-` She shook herself from her thoughts. She was not here to marvel at the beauty of his eyes, she was here to make him fit for society.

"Is something wrong, Sergeant Higurashi?" Inuyasha asked with a little cynicism in his voice. Kagome shook herself again realizing that she hadn't stopped staring at the young boy.

"No. Not at all. Mr. Inuyasha I would like you to stay behind so I can show you to the kitchen. Those potatoes won't peel themselves you know." She said, with a glint of arrogance in her eyes. She turned from him and began to talk to the other boys. Inuyasha smiled inwardly. `She's cute. And spunky, I like that; I think I'm going to have fun with this one. Okay Ms. Higurashi. Prepare for your worst student ever.'

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------

After spending over three hours peeling a little more then two hundred potatoes with a butter knife Inuyasha found himself staggering to the tent he was assigned to. His fingers had become numb and he saw potatoes everywhere he looked.

"Mr. Inuyasha. Did you enjoy peeling potatoes?" Sergeant Higurashi asked.

"Do you think it was fun?"

"I suppose not." She said, with a grin. "I guess this will keep you from making trouble now, eh? Because if not I have many more chores for you to do. After all, the bathrooms do need cleaning and I have an extra toothbrush you can use as well." Sergeant Higurashi said laughing. She grinned and walked away from Inuyasha, entering her own tent.

"I think I'm going to enjoy boot camp. Minus the damn potatoes."

Inuyasha grimaced and entered his tent. All the boys quickly jumped to their feet thinking it was Sergeant Higurashi to give them another ten mile jog around the camp.

"Damn. It's only that Inuyasha guy." One of the boys's said.

"Well hello to you dushbags too." Inuyasha mumbled. Inuyasha walked to an empty bed and plopped down.

"Damn. What time is it?" Inuyasha asked the boy in the bed next to him.

"It's about 10:15. And by the way, my name is Shyin." He added with a smile.

"I'm-"

"Inuyasha. I know. The sergeants were talking about you. They said you'd defiantly be trouble. So they assigned Kagome to you."

"Who is Kagome?" Inuyasha asked with a confused frown.

"Kagome is sergeant Higurashi's first name."

Kagome, eh? Hmmm. I must remember that name.

"Oh."

"But you better watch out, Sergeant Higurashi is one of the toughest sergeants here and is held in high regard. She's been known to break down any man she's come across every since some Hojo guy broke her heart. Also, she's the youngest drill sergeant ever!"

"And how do you know all of this?" Inuyasha asked, raising a questioning eyebrow.

"I have my connections."

"LIGHTS OUT, BOYS!" Kagome yelled into the tent. Then with the flick of a switch, it was pitch black. Inuyasha closed his eyes softly and drifted off to sleep.

Four hours later

"Wake up, boys." This time a male sergeant stood before them. He seemed nicer then the other two, that being because he wore a smile. "It's time for breakfast. Head to the cafeteria at once." He saluted them and exited the tent as the boys struggled to dress.

Finding it much too cramped to dress in the tent Inuyasha though he'd head for the bathroom. With his clothes in hand Inuyasha headed out of the camp with only his pajama pants, and a hat. He started for the bathroom, even with his eyesight it was hard to see at these hours. Why the hell are they waking us up at 2:00 in the morning? Are they fuckin crazy Inuyasha's thoughts were interrupted as he nearly tripped over a branch. "Damn trees!" Inuyasha started to walk again when he heard some singing. He walked over the small wooden shack to find the source of singing. He recognized that song immediately it was the song Kikyo used to sing to him. He approached the window and peeked inside. Oh!!! It's Kagome.Taking a shower I see. Inuyasha grinned, and stepped from the window. Watching Kagome was appealing, but not appleaing enough to get caught. He immediately jumped in the tree when he heard the sound of footsteps. It was that other Sergeant that guy. The one Shyin called Miroku. "He must have heard the singing as well." Inuyasha whispered. Miroku peeked into the window just as Inuyasha did. But…he obviously got more enjoyment from it then he did. Inuyasha grimaced and jumped from the tree running as swiftly as he could towards the bathroom. The sound of the leaves rustling made Kagome turn towards her open window.

"MIROKU!!! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!"

"Opps." Miroku whispered before running off. He really didn't need to be smacked again.

---------------Cafeteria-------------

"So, Inuyasha. I hear that you have a thing for Sergeant Higurashi." Shyin said, smiling slyly.

"What, no. I've been here for a day. How can I possibly have a thing for her? Besides, she's a heartless bitch."

"I'm happy you fell that way, Mr. Inuyasha. I think that will make your stay little more enjoyable." Kagome said before going to the Staff's lunch table.

Damn. I guess I'll be having lunch duty again soon.

"Whoa. I guess this crushes your plans!" Shyin said to the angry hanyou.

"What chances?! I don't like the sergeant!" Inuyasha yelled. This resulted in him catching the whole cafeteria's attention. Inuyasha sighed and left the cafeteria. "Damn Shyin. Where the hell does he come off? And why would he think I have a thing for Kagome? I mean, Sergeant Higurashi?"

"Because she's beautiful." Sergeant Miroku said, walking alongside him.

"Oh. Hello, Sergeant." Inuyasha said, stopping to salute his superior.

"Oh. No need for that. Just call me Miroku, but not in front of the other sergeants."

"Um. Yeah. Okay."

"You're Inuyasha, correct?"

"Yes. How did you know?"

"Well, everyone's talking about you. You've been here for only one day and you've caused chaos throughout the entire camp. Plus, all the female sergeants, and commanders alike are smitten with you. All they talk about is your long silver hair." Miroku said with a frown. Being upstaged by a kid was painful enough, but this kid…that just made it worse. "You know there are all females working here. Other then myself. They do it to tease the young boys, and to control them by other means."

"So, are you here to tease the other kinds of boys?" Inuyasha asked, raising an eyebrow at the man.

"NO!" Miroku yelled harshly. "I'm here for all the beautiful ladies. But only one has become appealing to me."

"Seems like you find Kagome appealing as well." Inuyasha mumbled.

"What's that?"

"Oh, nothing. I'm sorry…Miroku. But I have to rest. I'm tired. Sorry." Inuyasha said, faking a yawn.

"Yeah. I guess peeling potatoes can do that to you." Miroku laughed softly. "Good day then, Inuyasha."

Inuyasha sighed and struggled to make it to his bed. He quickly fell onto the thin mattress, feeling a spring poke him in the spine. "Shit! Cheap ass beds!"

"Yeah. That's what happens when you get shipped off to boot camp."

"Who the hell are you?" Inuyasha asked, eyeing the young man that just stepped into his tent. He'd never seen this guy before.

"My name is Naraku. I'm one of the guys that's supposed to leave soon. So I'm on the other side of the campgrounds. But I heard of you." (Just so you know, Inuyasha doesn't know who Naraku is just yet!)

I guess word really does travel fast.

"I only came by because I felt your presence the moment you arrived. You're hanyou are you not?" Inuyasha eyed the boy.

"What would make you think of something as foolish as that?"

Naraku smirked, and lifted his hand, a small surge of power knocking the hat from his head. "Ears. And those eyes. Those are not ordinary human eyes. But I could tell from your aura that you're merely a half-demon."

"Got a problem with that?"

"No, not at all. But I do know someone who might. Watch yourself, Inuyasha." Naraku smiled before vanishing into a deep purple light.

"Watch myself? Keh. If you say so kid." Inuyasha picked the red cap that'd been knocked from his head back on to cover his ears. "I guess I will." He murmured before falling asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

As requested, I've written a longer chapter. Five pages long to be exact. And as a future warning. If there is a gap between my updating this it's because I've been getting sidetracked with my other story. I think I'm developing a liking for this story, so I'll continue it. This was a little bit rough, considering I wanted a small relationship to start and through pain and confusion love will grow. So, yeah. Here you go!