InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Military Love ❯ Chapter five ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

I'm sorry it took so long to update. I've been finding myself in extremely stressful situations. But now I have a new muse, and a new idea for this story.

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---*

Chapter five: The seal broken and the love that was lost, PART II

A heart so pure

-

-

Kagome sighed and ran a hand through her silky black hair. `What am I going to do? How am I supposed to tell him about the past, everything that's happening? What can I do go up to him and say "hey, Inuyasha. I'm your lover from the past, we once sealed the Bone eaters well together and now our foe that we've killed already is back to open the well again." Kagome sighed again and slouched down further in her seat. "This is much too stressful. I was hoping this would never happen…but it seems my worst fears have come true."

--------------------------------------------------------------*

Inuyasha sighed and sucked in his breath, waiting for his heart to stop pounding. This boot camp thing was really beginning to wear him out. "Three-hundred sit-ups. Who makes the rules here? This seems more like a fat camp. They starve you and make you work constantly. Stupid boot camp." Inuyasha mumbled as he walked back towards his tent. It was starting to darken outside and he was the last to return to his camp because he "smart-mouthed" one of the commanders. As we walked her heard footsteps and smelled an all too familiar smell.

"Inuyasha." Kagome said, stepping from the shadows, a small book was tucked under her arm.

"Yes, sergeant Kagome?" Inuyasha asked, a slight edge in his voice.

"Calm yourself. I'm only here to speak with you. There is something important that we must discuss. Come." She said walking back into the shadows. Inuyasha felt an uneasy feeling wash over him but followed anyway.

*---------------------Meanwhile---------------------*

"Miroku, wait." Sango said, pulling her lips away from his.

"What's wrong, Sango?"

"Something doesn't seem right." She said looking out one of the windows.

"What do you mean?"

"Have you noticed that Kagome has been a lot quieter these past two days? I think something is wrong. Miroku sighed inwardly, and rubbed a hand through his hair trying to stir a response.

"Perhaps we should ask her." Miroku said standing to his feet, a small frown on his lips. Him and Sango hadn't been intimate for quite some time and he was beginning to become agitated, but he would never tell her that. Sango smiled, noticing him frown. She pulled the shirt that had been hanging from her shoulders completely off and climbed to her feet, cupping his face in her hands.

"Not just yet." She said pulling him back down on the bed.

*------------------------------------------------*

"Is there a reason you had be follow you here, Sergeant?" Inuyasha asked, becoming quite annoyed by her silence.

"Yes, I'm getting to it. But it's difficult to explain. And please, just call me Kagome. Like you used to." She said, whispering her last words. With Inuyasha's keen hearing he picked up on it.

"What do you mean like I used to?" Inuyasha asked raising a questioning a eyebrow. Kagome slammed her hand against her mouth cursing her self mentally for her slip of tongue.

"Inuyasha…" She said softly trying to find her words and force down her tears. `Why did I have to remember this? How come he can't remember me? Why am I cursed with my knowledge of the past?'

"This may sound strange but we were once lovers." She said looking into his eyes for some kind of reaction. Inuyasha laughed slightly, but cut short when he noticed the seriousness on her face.

"What do you mean? I'm not following you."

"I'll explain everything as quickly as I can." Kagome explained everything to Inuyasha from her traveling to the past to Kikyo trying to take him to hell with her.

Inuyasha stared into the sky, his face emotionless, but Kagome knew he was still a bit confused.

"Are you okay, Inuyasha?" She asked, lightly touching his shoulder.

He flinched slightly with her touch, and pulled away from her hand and stood, still not looking at her. "This still doesn't explain how all the people from the feudal era are here in this era. That much I don't understand."

"Well, somehow time reacted when the tie between your time and mine was sealed. And over time things in this era began to change as well. Somehow all of the people from the past were "reborn" into my world. And the demons were "reborn" as well. Some of them lurk about disguised as humans and sometimes-innocent people are slaughtered. No one seems to remember anything about the past except me, though. I was hoping you would. When I saw you I was so happy, but when you stood in that line I knew you didn't know whom I was. Same with the others. Now that the seal is starting to reopen I'm afraid that my era and your era will collide and we'll all be somehow sucked into it, and end up stuck between both worlds. Inuyasha, I need you to help me seal the well again."

"I'll help you. After all this concerns me too." Inuyasha said still looking into the sky. `Who knew that a trip to boot camp would result in something like this? Is fate playing tricks on us all?'

"I'm sorry, sergeant but I must get back to my bunk." Inuyasha said heading towards his tent.

"I'm so sorry, Inuyasha." Kagome whispered softly. Inuyasha never heard her.

Once back at his tent Inuyasha snuck in quietly and laid in his bed, hoping Shyin didn't hear him enter. He really didn't feel like answering any of the questions he was sure he had. As Inuyasha lay in his bed, thoughts and images raced through his head. He knew something felt familiar when he saw Kagome. But he couldn't quite place it. And Kikyo was his lover from the past. This explains where he remembered the song from. But he couldn't quite place it. `I can't help but feel this emptiness now, and I haven't felt it until now. "Inuyasha, after we sealed the well and came back to my time, I moved to another part of Japan. I didn't have any way to contact you. I thought you were dead." Tears. She cried for me. But she said she once loved me…but how can she abandon the one she claimed to love and after all we'd been through together. But why…why did I feel sad when she told me that? I can't possibly have feelings for her, because if I did I would have remembered her. How can you forget the one you love?' Inuyasha sighed, and turned on his side. "This is going to be the hardest thing I'll ever have to face. But I'm prepared."

*---------------------------------------------------*

Sorry it took so long to update and then I made it super short. But I think I've gotten back into the groove of writing. Please don't kill me…review, review!