InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mine Now and Always ❯ Mine Now and Always ( Prologue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Mine, Now and Always

By SilverDragon

A/N: This is my first fanfic. Please be kind.

"Father? Why are you all alone in the dark?" said a very young Kagome as she walked into the main room.

"Come here my little one. Your Father has something to tell you" Kagome walked slowly towards her father, the man she worship all her young live, the man who was the strongest and bravest man she ever saw. When she got close to her side, he suddenly pulled her into a tight hug and tears fell on her shoulder, startling her.

"Papa, what's wrong why are you crying? Where's Momma? Everyone?" asked Kagome with a shocked voice.

"Kagome, sit in front of me so I can look at you, as you know your Mother, who is my second wife, was pregnant with our second child." Her father paused and looked away as if what he had to say was ripping him apart. "I...I loved your mother very much, she meant the world to me…Kagome…my sweet child…your mother….has ...is … dead"

Kagome's just stared at her father, with tears silently falling down her face "but…but...how...mummy was….was fine...just awhile ago…she smiled and hugged me…."her father just stared at her, trying to figure out away to tell his child in away she would understand. But even he couldn't understand it; his wife was healthy and strong. When she had Kagome she never had any problems and it was an easy birth, well, from what she told me…he thought to himself. When he heard a small sob coming from his daughter, he knew he had to tell her everything all at once…forgive me my love, I know our daughter is to young to know…but now that your gone, I'm alone . He took at deep breath and took Kagome's hand into his and walked her to the gardens. The one place that was still beautiful, even on this sad night. They walk towards a small pound and sat down on the benches there. Her father sat her on his lab and hugged her tight as he tried to tell his daughter the story of his life with his one true love.

"Kagome, you know how I met your mother" at her nod he continued "what you don't know is that your mother was very young when we married, her father, a warlord from the east, gave me her on the condition I help him fight his enemies."

"Your Mother was special, she…she made me believe in love and happiness. It is a rare gift to love …remember that Kagome…that love is not something to take for granted…" Kagome looked at her father from his shoulder, and saw that he was staring out at nothing, so she did what every 7 year does, leaned up and kissed her father on the cheek. This startled him and he looked down and her and continued the story.

"When your mother was pregnant with you, she was strong and beautiful," he smiled "she would have strange modes and get all cranky…but she loved every moment. When we finally had you, your mother was happy…complete so it seems…but after a few years. Your mother wanted to give me a son…an hair " he stopped and shook his head " we tried for years, but nothing happened…then one day about 7 months ago…she came to me with a big smile, one I've never seen and said we are going to have a son. We told you that night. Do you remember? You were very excited, almost as much as we were….as the months went on…you mother felt something was wrong…but never said anything to anyone.." he stopped again to shed a few tears " then a few days ago your mother collapsed in pain, I sent for the best heals… they didn't understand what was going to happen…. Your mother went into premature labor… died….the child…a son... also died…" he hugged Kagome to him as she cried for her mother and brother for what seemed like forever.

"There is something you should know Kagome, that even your mother never knew….as you know I was married before…I didn't love her, the marriage was arranged when I was just a child like you are now. She…had a child… I never told your mother, for I didn't want her to think less of me… the child wasn't mine, which is why I took another wife, you see Kagome. .you are my first child, and in every way you were always my hair. Because, I never disclaimed the other child, she is known as my child, I've never seen the girl, but am told she is alive and named Kikyo." He stopped and looked at Kagome in the eyes " Because of this, she must now come back to here, It was arranged at she is to marry the son for the Great demon of the West, to join our houses, but when I learned of her true parentage, I had to tell him about this. This is also why I re-married. To have an hair that would either be a son… or be able to marry one of his children. Because you are noticed as the second child you are betrothed to his second born…Inu Yasha."

Kagome got up from the bench and walked over to the pound, weakly smiled at her reflextion before turning to her father, she study him for a few minutes, trying to comes to grips what her father had just said….I am to be married? To a demon? Why??

"But father, I am just a child, how can I be married" she asked in a small voice "I don't want to leave you" she said crying to her father. He hugged her to his strong chest and presses a kiss to her forehead.

"No, Kagome, you are to go to him when you are 17 years of age, at that time the great lord will summon you. Do not fret…you will be happy" he said as her carried her back to the palace to put her to sleep.

As the she slowly welcomed sleep her father stared down at her and thought to him self she is just a child, and yet she is the key to bring peace to the to lands…east and west…who would have thought that my daughter would be the one…he leaned down and gave her a quick kiss before leaving her … you will be happy…Of this I know