InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mine ❯ Awake ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
"Lay me to rest for I am weak..." -Kaede

Rin awoke hours later in the dark, on her back. She was still in the same place where she remembered being beaten and tried to turn over. Then slowly, she began to lift herself up. But a wave of pain came and she cried out in anguish. She fell to the ground and realized she was naked. Her body was sore with cuts and bruises. There was blood everywhere she could see. She could see the inner meat of her flesh through many of the wounds. Each looked worst than the other.

Her lips were numbed and when she reached up to touch her face, she felt a gooey substance she knew to be blood. Damn, she was in bad shape. She could hardly move without causing pain to send a gasp out of her.

As she lay on the ground for God knew how many hours, she wondered if Lord Sesshomaru was looking for her. But then she realized, if he was searching, he would have found her in an instant. Her scent was all over the floor. She looked to her right. There were even marks of blood on the tree beside her.

She didn't know what to do. She was all alone in the forest, a few yards away from the river. She could go there but that would take strength and Rin had none. She was exhausted. And when she tried to call out Sesshomarus name, her voice came out in a rasp.

She began to weep. A soft whimpering noise came out of her mouth. The still quiet night of the forest became a place of misery and sadness.

She knew with the amount of blood coming out of her that she was going to die if she stood there for another day. She was hopeless and weak… and without Sesshomaru. God, just that thought alone made her weep the loudest she could.

She didn't want to die. Not yet, at least. Not when she was finally of age to be with Lord Sesshomaru as more than a companion. She wanted to be his lover. His wife. Damn it, she wanted to be his. But those damn men ruined everything.

She clenched her fists in anger. If she got out of this mess alive, she was going to murder them all. After she tortured them, of course. And if she didn't live, she'd haunt them, till their worthless lives came to an end.

Just the thought made her smile… and grow a bit sleepy.

Rin yawned.

Maybe a little more sleep would do her some good… Yeah, she thought wearily. That would be nice…