InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Miroku & Kagome continued ❯ Feelings ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Inuyasha raced outside to save the miko. The tentacle, he discovered belonged to the dreaded Naraku. “Bastard! Whaddya want with Kagome?” Naraku laughed evilly, as he often does, and explained his plans. “This miko is my ticket to the modern realm. I can use her power to go through the old well and from there, take over all of present-day Japan. And there's nothing any of you can do to stop me.” Inuyasha unsheathed his Tetsuiga. “Wanna bet?” As Inuyasha leapt up to attack, Naraku put Kagome in the path of Tetsuiga. Inuyasha stopped his attack and fell to the ground. “That's a dirty trick!” Shippo yelled, baring his teeth at the evil hanyou. “If he does that each time we attack, there will be no way to stop him without injuring Kagome.” Inuyasha growled. Kagome, seeing their problem, called out, “Forget about my safety. Just get Naraku.” “But, Kagome, what about your, um, condition?” Sango asked, hand shaking on her Hirakotsu. “Trust me, my condition will be much better after Naraku's killed!” Miroku nodded, staring at his right hand. “She's right. Everyone will be benefited by Naraku's demise. Just try your hardest not to injure Kagome.” Inuyasha and Sango nodded and launched their attacks. “Hirakotsu!” “Wind Scar!” Naraku, unable to block both attacks at once, was caught in the crossfire. Kagome cringed as Sango's Hirakotsu grazed her back. The giant boomerang sliced through Naraku's tentacle, freeing Kagome. Kagome ran to her bow and arrows. “Take this, Naraku!” With that, she shot one of her sacred arrows, aimed straight at Naraku's black heart. Naraku vanished just before the arrow hit. “Damn! He got away again.” Kagome walked over to Inuyasha and stroked one of his fuzzy ears. “It's okay, Inuyasha. We'll get him next time.” Inuyasha turned to the miko and stole a quick kiss. “I'm just glad you're safe, Kagome.” “Ahem. We are still here, you know,” Sango said. Kagome and Inuyasha pulled apart, both blushing greatly. Miroku stepped over to Kagome and kissed her cheek. “What was that for?” “I, too, am glad you're safe. Also, I wished to put Inuyasha in his place.” “In… my… place?!!” Inuyasha growled, leaping at the monk. “SIT!” THUD! “Way to ruin a good moment, Inuyasha,” Shippo chided. Inuyasha merely grumbled.
 
Later that day, Miroku sat alone in the hut, thinking of his beloved miko. “I still don't understand where these feelings came form. They seemed to start the day we were attacked by the cobra youkai. Could the attack have had something to do with my sudden affections for Kagome?” It was at this moment that Kagome entered the hut. “Miroku? Are you alright?” Miroku turned to face the young woman. “I'm fine, Kagome. Just... thinking.” “Thinking? What about?” “About our sudden feelings for one another. How did they come about?” Kagome thought for a moment. “Well, the first time I remember having felt this way about you was the day we fought the cobra youkai. When I was with Kaede, dressing your wounds, I got a pretty good look at your body. Rock-hard abs, strong arms, a handsome face. It was all I could to do to keep from attacking you right then and there. But I kept my emotions in check, that is, until you revealed your feelings toward me.” “I know what you mean. When I returned to consciousness, yours was the first face I saw. I instantly became lost in your deep brown eyes. It was so difficult to keep from attacking upon my urges.” Miroku moved closer to Kagome, who had chosen to sat down beside him. “Do you find it odd that we both fell in love at the same time?” Kagome shook her head. “I admit, it's a bit strange, but not uncommon. I mean, we've been traveling together for so long. With Inuyasha and Sango around, we never had a chance to show any feelings we'd been harboring. Without them around, we were finally able to let our feelings show.” Though there was a smile on her face, in her mind, Kagome couldn't help but shake the feeling that Miroku was right.