InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Miroku & Kagome continued ❯ The final battle ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Kagome ran through the door to face Naraku with her friends. Miroku pulled her close as soon as she stepped through the door. “Kagome, promise me something.” “What is it?” “Promise me that, should I be in danger, you won't sacrifice yourself to save me.” “Miroku?!” “Promise me, Kagome! My life is not worth two other lives. Remember, it isn't just you in danger here. Please, Kagome, promise. If not for me, then for the child you carry.” Kagome looked up at Miroku and saw the tears in his eyes. “I promise, Miroku.” Miroku smiled and kissed his miko as the two turned to face the assassin, Naraku. “Finally, you've decided to give up your jewel shards.” “Fat chance, you ugly bastard!” Inuyasha shouted as he unsheathed Tetsuiga. “We all have something we're fighting for Naraku. What do you have? Nothing but your own greed.” “Inuyasha's right! You fight for personal gain, whereas we fight for others,” Miroku stated. “Let's get him!” Kagome cried, pulling back her bow. As each launched their attack, they thought of what they were fighting for. “This is to avenge Kikyo's death.” “Wind Scar.” “For my brother, Kohaku and the rest of my family you forced him to kill.” “Hirakotsu!” “For the good of the entire Feudal Era.” Kagome launched her sacred arrow. As each attack hit, Miroku stepped forward. “For my father, grandfather, and my future child.” “Wind Tunnel!” The endless void opened and Naraku, weakened from the previous attacks, was sucked inside. As Naraku went in the Wind Tunnel closed around him. Miroku stared into his hand as Kagome fell to the ground. “Kagome!” Inuyasha and Miroku shouted. “Look! Up at the ceiling.” They did as she said and saw a multitude of jewel shards raining down upon them. “Naraku's shards. They must have left him when we attacked, ” Sango noted. As Inuyasha and Miroku gathered up the falling shards, Kagome whispered, “He's gone. He's finally gone.”
 
After gathering all of Naraku's shards, Kagome purified them and fused them with their half of the Shikon Jewel. Kagome stared at the almost completed jewel. “It looks like we need three more shards. Two from Kouga, one from Kohaku. That last one will be the hardest.” She looked over at Sango who sighed deeply. “I think we should split up from here, guys,” Kagome said. The others looked stunned. “What are you talkin' about, Kagome?” I think we'll get the shards just as fast if we split up. I'll go with Inuyasha to get Kouga's shards while Sango and Miroku get Kohaku's. All three shards should be pure, so it won't really matter if I'm there or not.” The others looked at one another and nodded in agreement. Miroku was the first to speak. “Sure, Kagome. Besides, maybe spending some time with Inuyasha will help you in your decision.” “Yeah. For once, I agree with the monk. It's time we split up.” With that, the gang said their goodbyes and went their separate ways.