InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Miroku & Kagome continued ❯ Dilemma ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Kagome sat inside the hut, thinking of her baby. “I'm so confused. Is this baby Miroku's or Inuyasha's?” Kagome sighed loudly, attempting to get Miroku's attention. Luckily, the monk noticed. “Kagome? Is something the matter?” Kagome motioned for him to come near. “Um, Sango, would you might stepping outside for a moment?” “Of course. Come on, Shippo.” “Aw. I never get to listen to the good stuff.” Reluctantly, Shippo followed Sango out the door. “You wished to speak with me Kagome?” Kagome nodded, not sure how to approach the matter. “Yeah. You see, uh, I… I need to tell you something.” “What is it? Good news, I hope.” “Kind of. I mean, depends on your point of view.” “Well, what is it?” “Promise you won't get mad?” “I promise, Kagome. I could never be mad at you, or, at least, not stay mad.” “Well, uh, I… I think the baby… it might be… Inuyasha's.”
 
“WHAT?????????” was the yell the hanyou heard. Swiftly, he leapt into the hut and found Miroku's staff pointing in his face. “What'd I do?” “What did you do? You have the gall to ask? You violated my Kagome is what you did!” Inuyasha looked over to Kagome who was blushing greatly. “Look, it isn't like you were being exclusive. You stole her from me first, remember?” Miroku lowered his staff and stood face to face with Inuyasha “Stole her from you? You two weren't even together!” “Well, at least I didn't have to be cursed by Naraku before finally realizing what my feelings were for her.” Both their faces were almost touching by this point. “What feelings? You yelled at her, cursed at her, made her angry! As far as I knew, your only feelings for Kagome were hatred and anger.” “STOP FIGHTING!!!” Both men turned. Kagome stood there, fist clenched, tears rolling down her flushed cheeks. “I'm tired of this! Ever since Miroku and I discovered our feelings for one another, all the two of you do is fight! It's bad enough that I have to choose between the two people I love most in the world, but to have them at each other's throats is ridiculous. The both of you should be happy! Naraku is dead, the sacred jewel is gone, and Kohaku is alive once again. Why aren't you happy?!” “I can answer that.” The three turned towards the door. “Kikyo,” Inuyasha growled.
 
“Inuyasha could not be happy with you, wench. You are simply my reincarnation. Inuyasha could never love you the way he loved me.” “Kikyo! I did what I promised you. I avenged your death! I killed Naraku! Why can't you put your spirit to rest??” “I shall never rest until I see you dead!” With that, Kikyo pulled an arrow out of the quiver on her back. She swiftly drew back her bow and aimed the arrow at Inuyasha. Kagome eyes widened in terror. “She's really going to kill him this time!” Time seemed to stand still as Kikyo fired the arrow. In reality, Kagome only had a split second to react. “Inuyasha!!!” she cried. Swiftly, she shoved him out of the way. Inuyasha and Miroku could only watch in horror as Kikyo's arrow went straight through Kagome's chest. “KAGOME!!!!” they cried out. She gasped in pain before falling to the ground. “What a pity. I seem to have wasted one of my arrows. Oh well. Perhaps now you shall come willingly.” Inuyasha looked from Kagome's body up to Kikyo. His eyes had turned fiery red. It was now that Miroku noticed that the Tetsuiga was not attached to Inuyasha's hip. “He must have left it in the hut! But, without his Tetsuiga…” Purple streaks appeared on Inuyasha's face. He bared his fangs and snarled at the once deceased miko. “Kikyo,” he growled, “you'll pay!”