InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Miroku's Story ❯ Early Morning Kouga ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Miroku's Story
Chapter Two - Early Morning Kouga
Disclaimer: Me no own InuYasha. Me want to own Fluffy's body though. Me just keep dreaming. Mmmmm…. Sesshomaru…
School started early in August for some odd reason that year. Students were released in late May for summer vacation, so it doesn't make much sense to me. I hope they're not trying to make us start going year round or whatever. I could already tell this year would be a `drag' as Miroku would call it. And why? Oh, the simple fact that he's not here! Lucky Miroku gets to start college this year at the University of West Florida.
“Kagome!” I was shaken from my thoughts as I entered the front doors of the main hall. Standing at the corner was one of my classmates and friends, Kevin Lawton. I could tell that this was going to be regrettable. You see.. Kevin has had a crush on me since fourth grade when he moved here from Miami. Although he is my friend, he is sometimes really annoying… and I just have to hit him.
“Oh! Hey Kevin. How was your summer?” I asked him. It didn't even register in my mind that he had called me Kagome and not Katie.
“Why didn't you tell me the story was that good!” Kevin shouted slightly.
“Eh? What story?” Surely he couldn't be talking about Miroku's story…
“You know! The one Miroku wrote! Very well written!” Ok… I take it back.
“He let you read it?” I was really surprised about this. Why would Miroku let Kevin read his story without telling me?
“I love my character! Kouga… do you think I could get everyone to start calling me that? It just sounds so cool!” Kevin… or Kouga… followed me as I made my way down the crowded hall, trying to act like I didn't exist. Sometimes Kouga was just way too loud.
“Fine, fine. I'll start calling you that just so long as you refer to me as Kagome.” Though I was quite shy at the time and did not like to stand out, I still wanted everyone to call me Kagome.
“Tell Miroku that I finished reading it, and I loved it!”
“You really thought it was good?” I asked once more to make sure that Kouga wasn't just making a scene about the whole deal.
“Best damn story I ever read! And I talked to my cousin, you know, the publisher, into reading it if that's ok with you and Miroku.” Kouga went on rambling.
“Oh… I don't think Miroku wants the story to be read by a pro just yet.”
“Uh huh.” I had the feeling Kouga wasn't paying attention to anything I said anymore. He was off in his own little world of plans. “Listen, I was thinking, the story might need a little visual aid. What do you think about live models?”
“Um… Kouga? Miroku wants me to ask Sango if she'll paint the characters…” I started to say, but was once again cut off by Kouga.
“Sango? Oh! You mean Sabrina, right?” I nodded. “No… I don't think that'll do. She doesn't even like Miroku.”
Sabrina Tyler, or Sango as dubbed by Miroku, is literally the most perfect girl at our school. She's beautiful; constantly winning beauty pageants. She's athletic; star player on the girls basketball, softball, and track team. She's artistic; always painting something. And all the while non self-absorbed and a totally modest person. Sango is the nicest person I have ever met; an actual southern belle. She even has the neat southern accent all the guys love. And while I do get jealous of her from time to time, she is still my friend.
“Yes, but she is my friend…”
“And what makes you think that Sango the perfect would want to do anything for Miroku the pervert?” Kouga asked me.
I raised my eyebrows rather unconsciously and stood on tiptoe to reach my locker. I carefully opened it (so nothing would fall out) before I answered. “Well, once again I say, she is my best friend…”
“Oh? I thought Miroku was your best friend?” Kouga thought he always had to be right.
“He is… he's ah…”
“The other half of her soul.” I heard a female voice behind me.
“Hey Karen.”
Karen Ten is a strange person. Not strange in a bad way of course. She's just a… I don't want to say hippie… cause you don't see her advocating peace or hugging trees. She's kind of a spiritualist, into karma and chi and all that. She's always decked out in the wildest colors and she loves wearing feathers. I recall her once saying that her life's dream was to be the thinnest (she's naturally super tiny) person do die of clogged arteries at the age of forty by overdosing on double cheeseburgers from McDonald's. Like I said… she's strange.
“Karen! Miroku and I… we're not…” I could feel the temperature rising in my face.
“Relax Katie! Or should I say Kagome? It's not necessarily a romantic thing. I just know a great team when I see one.”
“You let her read it!” I hit Kouga; not too hard, just his arm.
“No! No! I didn't! She stole it out of my room… she thinks just cause she's my girlfriend that she can break in and take anything.”
Did he just say they were together? No wonder Kouga wasn't flirting with me…
“Hey Kagome… do I have a character?” Karen asked me.
“Yeah. You're Kagura.” I answered honestly.
“Kagura hn?” She got this evil smirk suddenly. “I get to kill your entire tribe wolf-boy. Talk about irony.”
That launched an argument instantly and I took my cue to leave before I was dragged into the battle. Great start to a great day.