InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mirror's Shards ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: We do not own Inuyasha, Rumiko Takahashi does.
 
…:..:…
 
Mirror's Shards
By: Akaietowa-ru and Kyoni
 
...:..:...
 
Prologue
 
...:..:...
 
There were times with which two immortal enemies seemed to dance in constant battle and wages of will. Goddess with the fairest flaming red hair, curls that could only belong to the heavenly body such as her. Clear sky blue eyes, and the bronze-kissed skin that seemed to glow. She was, as known, the Sun. Her counterpart, her opposite, but indisputably her other half, was a God, listless ebony hair, violet eyes, and the skin pale white as phantoms do appear. A sinister wonder, the Moon.
 
Eons, from placement and birth, they could never exist in the same realm, so they each had their own. The Sun had her realm of light, while the Moon had his realm of shadows. These realms shifted at every half-day.
 
To exist in the same plane, would mean war among them. The Sun was peaceful and intelligent, and the people, the humans, loved her, adored her, worshipped her. They smiled upon her every morning she arose, and with a heart-felt wave of farewell, when it was the Moon's turn to come out.
 
The Moon, with ethereal incandescent beauty, envied the Sun. The people always smiled at her with a content face, and yet they did not show even themselves to him. By the time which he came forth, they would be huddled into their dwellings awaiting when the Sun would come out again.
 
Jealousy raged and made him eerie green with ire.
 
Why could he not have what the Sun had? If she did not exist, then surely he would be grand? He should be adored. He would be beloved. He believed the Sun too contempt to fully know of the blessings which the people below bestowed upon her. He would take it into full consideration.
 
The Moon struck, the Sun deflected and defended back. Waging a war, a battle of wills, a testament to abuse of power, it went on for some time. The people below were troubled, beyond imagination, they wished for the quarrels to end. At times, when the Sun was wining out, the blaze of her heat was far too much, when the Moon was advantageous, they would get sickly and tired very easily. They wished for the balance back, but could do little to make it come forth.
 
So instead, they prayed to the great Celestial creators, the originals, the parents to the Universe.
 
While the Sun and the Moon continued with battle.
 
The Moon did not stand a chance he realized. He was tiring out far too much, the Sun only seemed to buzz with energy. He needed a trick, he needed a route, he needed a way to set a trap and insure his victory.
 
The Sun had developed two daughters, as the Moon had two sons. He asked of his eldest son to kidnap and ransom the Sun's oldest daughter, for the Moon could not descend to terrestrial Earth. No God or Goddess was allowed to venture down, only heavenly celestial maidens, but even they were not allowed to remain. The Moon's son did so.
 
The girl was a replica of her mother, red flaming hair with sky blue eyes. The son took her at once, and the Sun seemed to only grow angrier. Yet, the Moon proposed a solution. The Sun forfeit her realm to him to reign over, while she hid away. The Sun could only but formulate a risking plan. With her youngest daughter left free, the youngest daughter obtained a rosary, made out of black beads, with the power of sealing anything and anyone, even a God.
 
They planned to use this rosary on the Moon God and get the eldest daughter back.
 
They did not account that the Moon had his own trick. A mirror with the same power to seal anything and anyone.
 
The final meeting, they stood, Sun and Moon, ready. When finally…the youngest daughter of the Sun got out the rosary, the magic already working. The Moon's youngest son was ready with the mirror, also chanting its magic. It was at this time, that the heavenly parents decided to interfere.
 
The Sun could not be locked away, and neither could the Moon, or else the Earth would rot forever. So, the Original Parents, decided up a truce of sorts, their own trick. The mirror sealed away, instead of the Sun, the Sun's eldest daughter, and the rosary, the Moon's eldest son, or, at least it should have.
 
The eldest son was entrapped, but it had been too great, and seemingly destroyed his body, sending his own powers scattering, with the beads all over the ancient land.
 
The mirror had worked…the eldest daughter was trapped.
 
To end it all…the Original Parents trapped the Moon as the glowing white orb in the night sky as his new form, and the Sun, as the glowing golden orb in the day sky, her new form. The youngest children of the Sun and Moon survived though, and they continued to live on in memory of their parent, but thus created their own family, and two separate bloodlines, lasting for centuries.
 
The eldest daughter trapped in the mirror was always kept by the youngest daughter to keep safe and to some day free. The only way was to eradicate the Moon though. That would mean killing the youngest son of the Moon. Yet, using the powers of his shadows as of his father, the son cast a curse on the family and lineage of the Sun. Early death to those of the females, until the line no longer continued.
 
The mirror was cast away to another family for safe-keeping, but the curse continued, and yet the bloodline somehow still survives…as well as hope.