InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mirrored fates ❯ Ch. 1: The End ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: Inuyasha and gang do not belong to me, but the creative mind of Rumiko Takahashi. Don't sue, I'm poor!
 
Ch. 1: The End.
 
 
 
 
As the dust settled around a field seemingly desolate of any life she stirred her fingertips, willing some movement back into her exhausted body. Above her the weight of the still hanyou above her jump started her thoughts into hyper-gear. What happened? Where am I? Who…Oh god, Nara…”Inu….yasha?” She hesitantly whispered. “Inuyasha….are you ok?”
 
Slowly coming into consciousness Inuyasha first noticed his smell return, and that death was thick in the air. Panicking he quickly jerked his head up scanning the area for potential threats. It was only then the flashback hit him and he remembered where he was.
 
~~~~
 
 
“Kagome!! Hurry shoot!!!!!!!!” He screamed as he ran towards her, knowing then that he wouldn't make it in time if her arrow didn't hit its mark. Instead his mind raced uselessly as he watched Naraku flying towards her, angered by the fact that he knew he was fighting a quickly losing battle. Hoping to extinguish the only real weakness the hanyou seemed to have...Kagome…
Time seemed to slow, to her right, Kagome saw Inuyasha running towards her with a desperation she had never seen before and she knew if she didn't deliver the final blow to Naraku with one of her purifying arrows soon…she would die, and Inuyasha would be alone… So with that thought in her mind, she turned and faced the grim reality before her, knowing Inuyasha couldn't save her this time, and Miroku and Sango were left fending off the miniscule demons surrounding Naraku's Aura, Leaving Kagome and Inuyasha for the main battle…it was up to her to end the madness. Naraku's barrier was gone thanks to Inuyasha and Tessaiga and now she could purify his ass…for good. With one last glance to Inuyasha, and a whispered, “I Love You…” She turned, notched back one final arrow, and as Naraku let out a blast of energy towards her preceeding a rather large tentacle, she let it loose, and was plummeted to the ground where blackness took over.
 
~~~
“Kagome! Are you alright, are you hurt??” Inuyasha's mind raced as he roamed his hands across her face and arms, desperately searching for any injuries she might have incurred, desperate to believe he made it in time to protect her from the blunt of the blast that was Naraku exploding. Suddenly she lifted her eyes to meet his and tentatively brushed her lips across his cheek and as her blush darkened to match his haori she replied, “Yes, ..you protected me.”
 
At his swift, “Keh, of course I did wench, can't have the kit whinin' that I didn't keep you safe can I?”, she replied, “Thank you Inuyasha.” Inuyasha blushed and looked away.
“Inuyasha! Are you and Lady Kagome alright? I do not see her!” came a worried call from Miroku as he helped Sango back to her feet, cautiously keeping his cursed hand away from her tempting backside at such a serious time. Inuyasha quickly scurried off of her, guiltily looking in any direction but hers, “Wench is fine. What about you and Sango? Wait! Where is Shippou?....SHIPPO-UGH!...ouch you crazy kit, why I outta!”
Shippou laughed as he lunged at kagome barreling in his face in her hair, “Ka..gommeeee, Save Me!!!” Kagome rolled her eyes as she gave Inuyasha a meaningful look that stated…DON'T. EVEN. THINK. ABOUT. IT.
 
“Keh, Kit tryin to knock people over” He mumbled as he crossed his arms across his chest. Shippou bounced happily on her shoulders, “Look Kagome, he is gone!!! Now we can get rid of the Jewel and we won't have all these demons coming after you anymore!!! Here!” Kagome looked down as Shippou placed the now complete Shikon No Tama in her open palm, listening to the collective gasp of the group as its darkened swirling energy instantly changed into a glowing pink swirling light.
 
Suddenly her world came crashing down as she realized they had just reached the conclusion of their journey. She had replaced the Shikon, made it whole again, Now she just needed to purify the Jewel and she would be left alone. Everything she knew and loved could possibly be taken away from her…Shippou, Sango, Miroku, Kaede….Inuyasha. Her biggest fear of all, being closed on the other side of the well, may become a fast reality.
 
“Kagome…” Inuyasha jerked her out of her thoughts. “Can you not…I mean…can you wait to purify the jewel??...I mean, until.” His mind raced as he thought of any reason to keep her with him…any at all. His fear being the same as hers…to never see her again.
 
“Yes!” came her hurried reply as relief washed over her. Wait, does he still want to become a full demon? Or does he plan on using it for Kikyou…I can't stop him if that's what he wants…I can't, even if it means my unhappiness, because I want him to be happy. “Inu..yasha….do you still want to become a full demon?”
 
“No, I want…never mind…nothing” He couldn't tell her he wanted her…not yet.
 
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~
Ok….Soooo what do you think??? My first ever fanfic, although lots of reads so please be nice but some constructive criticism would be great! Thanks!