InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Misky Dreams ❯ Brother To Brother Chat ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chieko-san: Everyone, I am SO glad you all like this story. Wow. . .I liked the song you made up kagomeangle1. ^-^

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"You're leaving us?" Kagome asked as she watched Kaori take Koga's hand.

-Yes, we've decided that we want to go back to the wolf clan. . .and we also have a lot of catching up to do.- Kaori smiled.

"Well. . .good riddance to the both of you!" Inuyasha said with a smirk.

"Yeah, we'll miss you too hanyou." Koga smiled then looked at Kagome. "So will you miss me?"

"I might." Kagome smiled and kissed the wolf youkai on the cheek. "Goodbye."

-See you both later.- Kaori said as the two disappeared into the forest.

"Alone again." Kagome said as she looked at Inuyasha. She hen yawned, the sun had gone down about an hour earlier, and she was really tired. "Well. . .I'm going to sleep I suppose."

"Yeah that would be a good idea." Inuyasha said as he climbed up in a tree. "We are going to that va- um place tomorrow."

"Excellent." Kagome lay down. "Why are you sleeping up in a tree tonight?"

"I'm not. I'm not going to sleep yet." Inuyasha said as he looked down at the miko.

"Right on. . .goodnight Inuyasha." Kagome closed her eyes.

"Goodnight. . .Kagome"

~*~

"Inuyasha!"

Inuyasha's ears moved forward and his golden eyes slid open. He had fallen asleep in the tree after all. `Someone's talking to me.' He thought as he looked down on the ground. Sesshoumaru was standing there with a young teenaged girl. "Dammit." Inuyasha jumped down out of the tree. "What are you doing here, Sesshoumaru?"

"Watch your language around the girl, little brother." Sesshoumaru smirked.

Inuyasha eyes the girl. "This is Rin I take it? That girl you once told me about?"

"Yes but how that is any of your business at this point is beyond me." Sesshoumaru said in a cold voice. He looked over at Kagome, who was still sleeping peacefully. "I see she's ok now."

"Yeah. Is that the only reason why you came here?" Inuyasha asked. "To make sure I didn't kill her or something?"

"You're a sad little hanyou." Sesshoumaru said. "Inuyasha I know your not going to do any harm to the girl. I just came by."

"I know you, you asshole. You don't `just drop by'." Inuyasha snorted. "What are you doing here? Really?"

"Your planning on telling Kagome what you think of her when you bring her to that god forsaken valley you spent most of your pathetic life in after she left aren't you?" Sesshoumaru asked.

"Now that. . .would be none of your business." Inuyasha said as he pointed a finger at Sesshoumaru.

Sesshoumaru smirked. "So I am right then. Your pathetic."

"Just because I found someone I want to spend the rest of my life with doesn't make me pathetic."

"You were the same way with Kikyo. . .I remember watching the way you were around her. You were weak, and you would do anything for her." Sesshoumaru was looking at his brother dead in the eyes. "And I see you acting no different towards Kagome."

Inuyasha grabbed Sesshoumaru by the collar of his kimono. "Shut-up! Now just shut-up! Kikyo didn't mean half as much to me as what Kagome does!"

"Are you sure about that little brother?" Sesshoumaru smirked as he backed away from the hanyou's grip. "Just think. . .are you really sure?"

"You're trying to make me hurt you. I can see it!" Inuyasha barked. "And I'm not about to kick your ass in front of her!" he pointed a finger at Rin.

"You're getting angry because you know I'm right." Sesshoumaru said.

"Go away." Inuyasha growled. "I swear. . .you're the last thing I want to see around here right now!"

"Fine. Come along, Rin." Sesshoumaru kept a smug smirk on his face. "Lets leave my brother alone with his lies."

When the two were gone Inuyasha just stood there looking down at the sleeping Kagome. `Sesshoumaru is wrong. . .I love Kagome with all my heart. Kikyo no longer means anything to me anymore. . .' he then lay down and closed his eyes, knowing he would not be able to get any sleep on this night.