InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ MLM's InuYasha Vignettes ❯ Dysfunctional Relationship ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

**As you may have noticed, my favorite pairing is Sess/Rin, so most of these drabbles may be about them. Some won't be though. I just write when inspiration strikes.**

~Modern Day~

I can hear the gravel crunching under the tires of the ridiculously expensive car as I make my way slowly up the private drive. It arrived yesterday on the curb of my tiny studio apartment with a red bow tied around it….so cliché. There was no reason for it. It wasn't my birthday or any other holiday that would warrant a gift so grand, but then again, when did he ever need a reason? I guess it was time for a visit.

The three story, ten bedroom, nine bathroom mansion loomed ahead in the distance. This was my childhood home. I rarely come around these days because the difference between my lifestyles then and now is literally laughable. I left most of my possessions that I didn't need on a daily basis here when I made my dramatic departure three years ago simply because I couldn't cram anything else into the scrap of a living space I now call home. I've only visited six times since then because that's when he would send me a gift that would spark the guilt trip that would send me back with smoke at my heals.

The visits never last long, a day or two at the most, but it's enough to tide us both over. The scenario is always the same: (1) We exchange an awkward hug and the normal `How have you been?' (2) We go out to a tense dinner where there is an extensive amount of alcohol consumption on my part (3) Upon return, I spout a snarky comment under my breath that I know he will hear anyway (4) We argue for two hours…no less (5) We go to bed angry (6) Rinse and Repeat…

Why we still put ourselves through this mess of a “relationship” is beyond me. It's a vicious cycle that is doomed to repeat its self until the moon falls from the sky…or at least until I die, which is more likely. After my demise, what will he do? Who will he struggle for dominance with? Who will he mercilessly torture with a relationship that borders on dysfunctional? Who will he care for?

I've finally reached the circle drive. I spot him on the veranda…waiting for me…that cold, calculated look already in his eyes. He's ready for me.

I slam on the brakes and fish tail the car. I can hear the spray of gravel hitting the paint job, hopefully causing massive scratches. When the vehicle finishes its 180 degree spin, I open the door and step out.

“Hello Sesshoumaru”, I say with the coldest tone I can muster.

“Rin”


~MLM