InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mmm, Tastes Like a Lemon ❯ Mmm, Tastes Like a Lemon ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I own NOTHING! ::insert insane laughter here::

Author's Note: Ooo, the fun. . .

Please enjoy! ^_^

~*~

"Where could they be?" Sango questioned, a worried expression on her face as she, the monk, and the kitsune demon strolled through the woods, heading towards the dry well. "Inu-Yasha was supposed to bring Kagome back an hour ago. . ."

"I'm sure they're just enjoying some quality time together," Miroku smiled in reassurance. "And you know. . ." he continued slowly, lazy, perverted grin finding its way to his holy face. "We could use this opportunity to enjoy our OWN quality time . . ."

"Don't even THINK it," the exterminator snarled, whapping the man's hand away from her rear before he'd even brushed her.

"I think I smell them a little ways from here," Shippo commented, oblivious to the pairs antics as he pointed towards one of the thicker parts of the forest. "We need to head that way!"

"Really?" the magenta eyed female blinked, scouting the terrain from under a hand. "Odd place for them to go, but let's check it out." She smiled down at the youkai child and cocked her head. "I wonder what they're doing, hm?"

"*I* can think of what they might be doing," the monk snickered, earning a boomerang over the head from an exasperatedly red Sango.

"He'll never learn. . ." the fox sighed, hopping upon the woman's shoulder as they all walked off in the indicated direction, leaving Miroku to pick up his teeth by his lonesome.

*

"Do you still smell them?" Miroku- who was nursing a large lump on the noggin- asked a few minutes of fruitless search later, glancing around at the small clearing they'd just entered.

"Yeah, they should be-" Shippo began, but cut himself off as a rustling sound echoed from their far right. Someone was hiding behind the large, human-sized bushes and brambles of the thick forest!

Or two someones. . .

"I think it's them," Shippo blinked, keeping his tone low.

"They don't seem to have noticed us," Sango commented as familiar voices began tumbling from the greenery.

"We're down wind," the kitsune explained quietly, rather curious as to what the hidden pair was talking about. Holding a finger to his lips, he inched a few feet forward, trying to listen.

Miroku's face slowly grew into a large, perverted grin as he, too, leaned a bit closer. "Gee, I wonder why they're hidden in the brush in the middle of the woo-"

But he was silenced by the exterminator and the young demon clasping their hands over his mouth.

"Are you sure this is a good place?" Kagome's voice questioned, unsure. "We've tried here before. The fields in the north are better for-"

"Of course I'm sure!" Inu-Yasha interrupted, sounding a bit indignant. "Besides, we always go to the fields! It's getting boring there."

"Well. . ." the girl sighed. "All right."

Miroku's eyes began glittering mischievously as Sango's orbs widened.

"I told you!" the monk hissed gleefully, pushing the others' hands away from his mouth. "I told you that they-!"

"What's going on-?" Shippo blinked, nonplussed.

"Er- Shippo-chan, I don't think you're old enough to-" the exterminator began, her cheeks pink, but she was cut off by her love interest.

"Shh!" the perverted one hissed. "I can't hear what they're saying!"

"- - -Supposed to look like that?" Kag finished, the first half of her statement unheard. "I don't think it should be *that big*."

"We go though this every time! Of course I'm sure it's supposed to look like that!"

"Well. . . okay. . . If you're sure. . . put it in."

Sango's jaw instantly hit the floor; her face slowly donning a magenta color similar to the hue of her eyes as Miroku clamped a hand to his mouth, trying not to burst out laughing.

"No!" Kagome suddenly cried. "No, no, no! This won't do- take it out."

"Why?!" Inu-Yasha's voice pouted.

"I've seen better, that's why."

"Where?!"

"All over! Even in my era!"

Shippo, who was still lost and confused, looked from the monk to the exterminator, trying to find what was so entertainingly wrong.

"Now, Kagome-sama," Miroku reprimanded softly, still chuckling. "That wasn't very nice. . ."

Sango just stood there, gaping like a fish.

"Do you really do this *that* often?" the hanyou snorted. "So frequently that you're beginning to compare?"

"Well, yeah! I told you- I do this all the time, at home!"

"Keh! Where in the seven hells do you go? Your village is covered in concrete!"

"Yeah, but you can still do it all over. Heck, sometimes my friends and I all get together and-"

"Whatever. I really don't care. Besides, I still say it's fine- can't we just continue?"

It was then that the exterminator's knees gave way. Flopping softly to the ground and muttering something about washing her ears, she tried to ignore the engrossed Miroku- the engrossed Miroku who was listening intently, still shaking with mirth.

"No!" One could hear Kagome's frown in her voice. "Not `til I'm sure I want to. Humph. I need to make sure it's okay first. I *still* say it's a weird shape- and way to big for a p-"

"Well, how do you propose we check it, hm?" Inu-Yasha drawled; sounding utterly bored.

"I'll taste it, of course."

Sango looked as if her face was about to spontaneously combust.

Shippo looked as clueless as ever.

And Miroku looked like he was having the time of his life- clasping his hands over his mouth in order to keep from bursting into loud guffaws as he shook on the forest floor.

"Stupid wench, you'll get your clothes all sticky!"

"No, I won't! I'll just be careful!"

"All right, fine!"


A moment of silence enveloped, but it was quickly shattered by a loud puckering sound.

"It's sour!" Kagome announced with a squeak.

"Well, of course it is!"

"I just didn't know HOW sour it- Oh, shoot, Inu-Yasha! You squirted it into my eye!"

"Well, I'm *sorry*, but this thing is so big its hard to hold!"

"You could always let ME hold it!"

"My, my," Miroku gasped out between snickers, banging his staff gently on the ground in amusement. "I didn't know Kagome-sama to be so- so frisky!"

"I can't BELIEVE this," Sango groaned, her cheeks as red as a cherry as she continued to hide her face.

"No!" Inu-Yasha snapped.


"Why not?!"

"Because! It's mine!"

"Can I at least *touch* it?"

"No!"


"You're impossible!" the futuristic girl huffed.

"And you're a bitch!"

"Well! If I'm such a bitch, then I don't think I wanna do this anymore!"

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

"Fine!"

"Fine !"

The two stopped arguing, allowing the forest to be blanketed in silence as Miroku tried to quell his giggles.

"What's going on?!" Shippo whined to Sango, who had returned to muttering incoherently to herself.

"I don't think I you want to kn-"

"Um. . .Kagome?" the hanyou's suddenly mumbled, sounding a bit embarrassed.

"Yeah, what?" Kag's angry voice replied.

"We can go over to the fields, if you want. Maybe it *is* better over there."

". . . Are you saying you're sorry?"

"Keh! No, I'm just saying that I want to continue!"

"Same thing."

Inu-Yasha grumbled in response.

And back in the clearing, the kitsune was losing his temper. What was going on?!The exterminator wasn't saying, and the monk was having too much fun to notice him. . .

"Hmph. Well," Shippo pouted, "If you guys won't tell me, I'll go check it out myself!"

The red-faced woman gave a start, danger sirens going off in her mind. "No- wait- Shippo-!" Sango began, but shut herself up as the kitsune bolted into the woods.


"Hey! Shippo-chan!" Kagome happily cried a few moments later, proclaiming that- indeed- the kitsune had barged in to- - - whatever they were doing.

"Hiya, Kagome-chan, Inu-Yasha!"

"Humph."

"Oh! So *this* is what you guys are doing! I get it now!"

"Yeah," the girl replied cheerfully. "You wanna join in?"

"Me? Really? Sure!"

"Keh!"

"Oh, come on, Inu-Yasha! The more the merrier!"

"Whatever."

Miroku, who was now looking more surprised then amused, glanced at Sango and blinked. However, the exterminator didn't see this- she was too wrapped up in banging her fist against her head, grumbling about bad, Miroku-like thoughts.

"Well, let's not waste any time!" Kagome giggled as the three emerged from the woods- walking into the clearing-

And all but into Sango and Miroku.

The two small groups started as their eyes fell upon one another.

"Sango-chan! Miroku-sama!" Kag finally beamed, adjusting the basket full of fruit in her arms. "How long have you two been here?"

"Er- just long enough to know where you're going," Sango replied quickly, her face still a bright shade of maroon as she clasped her hand over Miroku's mouth to keep him from replying.

"Oh! Well then, do you want to come, too?" the ebony haired girl inquired, cocking her head as Inu-Yasha brushed some dirt off his pants, muttering about stupid burs.

The exterminator exchanged a wide-eyed look with the monk.

"NOWEDON'TTHANKS!" Sango screamed, grabbing Miroku by the arm and racing out of the clearing with him, an almost comical cloud of dust at their heals.

. . .

Kagome, Inu-Yasha, and Shippo all blinked.

"Weird," the kitsune murmured, taking a lemon from Kagome's basket and slicing it in two with his small claws, handing half to the girl and keeping half for himself.

"You said it," Kagome nodded, taking the fruit and eating a bit of it- puckering as she did so. Then she laughed and smiled at Inu-Yasha. "Mmm, tastes like a lemon."

"Gee, I wonder why," the hanyou rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "Now come on. If we wanna make it to the fields by night fall to gather more fruit, we'll have to hurry." He glanced over his shoulder, down the path Sango and Miroku had used to escape. "I wonder where they rushed off to. . .?"

"Dunno," Kagome shrugged.

"Maybe they went fruit-picking, too!" Shippo suggested with grin full of childlike innocence. "They seemed VERY interested in it."

Inu-Yasha chuckled, playing with a large, lumpy, lemon-looking fruit in his hands. A little bit of it was missing, as if it had been sliced off. "With Miroku around? I doubt they'll be picking fruit. More like planting fruit if you know what I mean."

"Inu-Yasha!" Kagome gasped, glaring at the hanyou as he snickered. "That was entirely inappropriate!"

"Huh. . . ? I don't get it!" the kitsune complained with a cross-armed pout.

"Just for that," Kag concluded with a smirk, holding out her hand as the little boy on her shoulder contemplated the meaning of Inu-Yasha's previous statement, "I get to hold it for a while!"

"No!" Inu-Yasha frowned, clutching the fruit-thing. "Mine!"

"Can't you share?"

"No!"

"I just want to hold it for a while!"

"You wouldn't carry it in your basket, earlier!"

"That's different!"

"Why?!"

"Uh- `Cause I say so!"

Shippo sighed as they continued quarreling, deciding to save his tantrum for another day- when they were both paying attention. `I wish they'd just admit they like each other,' he mused flatly, dryly observing the small cat-fight the pair was now having over the lemon. `But I doubt they ever will.'

Blowing out his cheeks, the kitsune leapt off Kagome's shoulder and ran a little ways ahead.

*

As soon as Shippo was out of earshot, the couple ceased their battle- beaming at one another with secret amusement in their eyes.

"You know," Inu-Yasha whispered, winking at the girl next to him as he discretely slid his hand into her's. "The fields are also good for things other than picking fruit. . ."

Blushing, Kagome giggled and kissed him teasingly.

"Mmm," he smirked, gently nuzzling her neck. "Tastes like a lemon."

~*~

^_~

Hope you enjoyed!

Please R&R!

Ja ne!

*Note: Just a note to say that I am aware that lemons don't really grow in Japan. At least. . . I'm pretty sure they don't. . . ^_^;

Oh well, whatever, just thought I'd tell ya. ^_~

(And since I know this will be asked, many things begin with p- like `piece'. As in a `piece of fruit.' Not just the word I know you're thinking of. ^_~)