InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Moonless Night ❯ Naraku, Where Art Thou? ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 6: Naraku, Where Art Thou?
 
The couple was rudely awakened the next morning by their son jumping on his father's stomach.
 
“Mama…Papa…you're back!” he called as Miroku stepped into the clearing following the kit. “Mama…you smell funny!”
 
“Alright, Shippo…let's go make your mom and dad some breakfast” Miroku said upon seeing the situation, he grinned, “Did you guys have fun last night?”
 
Both Kagome and Inuyasha growled at him as he followed Shippo back to the village. Satisfied that they had gone, Inuyasha got up and started sorting the clothing in the pile. When they had both dressed, Inuyasha took Kagome's hand and led her to Kaede's hut. When they arrived, Shippo had obviously gone to fetch something; Sango and Miroku eagerly awaited them.
 
“So, when did you guys get back last night?” chided Sango.
 
Inuyasha and Kagome both blushed. Inuyasha muttered something close to his infamous “Keh!”
 
“Well, Sango, it seems they don't want to talk about their evening” Miroku chuckled.
 
“That shade of red and they're lack of clothing this morning tells it all” said Sango, laughing out loud.
 
“Keh! You guys are just too damn nosy for your own good!” Inuyasha snarled, “But, for your information, I claimed her as mine, so no more ass fondling, got it monk?!”
 
“Oh darn, guess that means I only have one ass to fondle!” Miroku replied, rubbing Sango's bottom and earning himself a slap in the face.
 
“I've been thinking…” said a still very red Kagome, attempting to change the subject, “do you think it's weird that we haven't heard anything about Naraku since we saw him last?”
 
“Yeah, it is…he's either recuperating or plotting” Sango said, “neither of which are any good.”
 
“Well, he's had way too much time for both, we should head back out” said Inuyasha.
 
“Where do we start?” asked Kagome.
 
“His last castle was up North, I guess we should start there” said Miroku.
 
“Ya, maybe he went back there…he was pretty tore up at the end of the last fight with Kaguya” agreed Sango.
 
“It's settled then, we leave tomorrow” finished Inuyasha as Shippo came into the hut with a pot of water.
 
“Where are we going Mama?” he panted.
 
“To look for Naraku” replied Kagome.
 
“Oh, yeah…I almost forgot about him…it's been so quiet” said Shippo.
 
“Too quiet!” sputtered Inuyasha.
 
 
After breakfast, Inuyasha and Kagome went back to her time to gather supplies.
 
“Mama…I'm home!” called Kagome as they entered the house.
 
“Hi sweetie, how was the dance?” asked Mrs. Higurashi.
 
“Great…are you going to the store later?” asked Kagome, quickly changing the topic.
 
“Yes…are you guys leaving again?”
 
“Keh! Of course…we still gotta find Naraku!” snorted Inuyasha.
 
“Ok, well, just make me a list of what you need” smiled Mrs. Higurashi.
 
“Thanks Mama…sorry I can't get it myself” Kagome frowned.
 
“It's ok sweetie…when it gets colder out we can get you a long coat to hide your tail, but that's all I could come up with.”
 
Kagome handed her mother the list and she headed off to the store. Kagome and Inuyasha headed up to her room and laid down on her bed.
 
“It feels weird not to be studying” she said.
 
“Keh! You always hated it anyway” Inuyasha retorted.
 
“I know…” she paused for a while, “Inuyasha…”
 
“What?”
 
“We don't have to get married if you don't want to.”
 
“Do you want to?”
 
“Not really, I mean we're both hanyous now, so I'm happy just being your mate…that's like being married anyway, isn't it?”
 
“Yeah, it is”
 
“…and I feel like a family now…having Shippo.”
 
“Yeah, the runt's kinda growing on me”
 
Kagome giggled and leaned over to kiss him.
 
“I love you so much, Inuyasha” she said seriously.
 
“Keh! I know that!” he shrugged, but she smiled.
 
Kagome and Inuyasha were in a very heated game of Uno when Mrs. Higurashi returned with the groceries. Kagome threw down her cards and got up to help her mother pack her bag.
 
“I WIN!” she yelled.
 
“How did you win…we didn't even finish the game!” he yelled back.
 
“I still win!” she smiled.
 
“Fine!” he conceded.
 
When she had finished packing her bag, she hugged her mother goodbye. Inuyasha grabbed her bag and they headed back to the well, to the feudal era. Their son was waiting for them by the well.
 
“Mama! Did you bring me goodies?” he called, jumping on Inuyasha's shoulder.
 
Kagome grinned and handed him a small box of chocolates. He squealed and had them finished by the time they got back to the hut.
 
Inuyasha and Kagome slept indoors for the first time in several days. The next morning they had a light breakfast and set off North.
 
 
Inuyasha became more on edge as the day wore on and they headed farther North. He sniffed the air and looked all around him alertly.
 
“Inuyasha, what's the matter?” asked Sango finally.
 
“We just entered Kouga's territory” replied Kagome for him, rolling her eyes.
 
Sure enough, within a few minutes, a cyclone came barreling straight towards them. It knocked over Inuyasha and stopped in front of Kagome.
 
“Yo, Kagome!” smiled Kouga and then his jaw dropped as he realized what he was looking at, “he turned you into a mutt like him, how cruel!”
 
“Well, actually, I kinda did that accidentally” Kagome blushed.
 
“Back off you mangy wolf…in case you haven't noticed, take a big whiff!” Inuyasha said proudly.
 
Kouga sniffed the air and spun around to face Inuyasha, “Oi! Mutt-face, how dare you claim MY woman!”
 
“She ain't your woman because I claimed her!”
 
Kouga ignored Inuyasha and turned back to Kagome, grabbing her hands.
 
“It's ok, Kagome…you can still come with me…he probably forced you into it” smiled Kouga, then turning to Inuyasha again he said, “I'll have one of my men bring the pups to you once they're born.”
 
“PUPS?!” exclaimed Kagome, looking shocked.
 
“Baka dog-shit! You didn't even tell her?!” yelled Kouga.
 
“I was gonna…” sputtered Inuyasha, “besides, it wasn't any of your business and she ain't going with you!”
 
“Fine, Baka! You can have her `til she's weaned the pups, I have no need for them…then I'll be back for her…later Kagome!” he called and sped off.
 
Kagome looked like she might faint. She stared at Inuyasha, unable to speak. The others looked almost as shocked.
 
“I'm sorry Kagome…I should've told you…I didn't want you to find out from that mangy wolf…I…” Inuyasha stuttered, “D…don't be mad!”
 
Kagome flopped onto the ground, “I'm not mad” she finally said, “Just a little shocked.”
 
Inuyasha knelt in front of her, no one else moved.
 
“Are you ok?” he asked.
 
“Yeah…how long have you known?” she asked.
 
“Since…that night…” he blushed. There was silence.
 
“What did Kouga mean by pupsss?” Kagome managed to ask.
 
“There's two” Inuyasha mumbled, blushing redder.
 
“two…” Kagome repeated.
 
Tears welled up in her eyes and she threw her arms around him. As if this were the signal that everything was ok, the others ran over. Shippo hopped on Inuyasha's shoulder.
 
“Two brothers or sisters!” Shippo yelled joyfully.
 
“Congratulations!” Sango said simply, patting Kagome's shoulder.
 
Miroku laughed, “HA! I knew you guys were up to something!”
 
“Move it along, lecher!” Sango snarled, grabbing his ear and pulling him back up the path.
 
Kagome smiled wide and Inuyasha helped her up. Shippo perched himself on her shoulder, chattering gleefully. Kagome was lost in thought, though. She continued smiling and started rubbing her belly. Her tail flicked back and forth as she walked. Inuyasha heard her mutter, “two pups…” every so often.
 
 
That night, after dinner, Inuyasha took Kagome out for a walk, leaving Shippo with `Aunt Sango' and `Uncle Miroku'. They sat down on the bank of the river.
 
“I'm sorry” said Inuyasha.
 
“for what?” asked Kagome.
 
“I didn't mean to get you pregnant and I should've told you.”
 
“It's ok…it's just…do you think we're ready?”
 
“I think you'll make a wonderful mother.”
 
“you mean that?”
 
“Keh! Of course I do! You're good to Shippo!”
 
“Shippo is one thing…twin pups are another.”
 
“We'll be fine…I'm here…mother raised me by herself.”
 
“Your mother must've been a saint!”
 
“Very funny, woman!” he said, grabbing her wrists and rolling her onto her back. He leaned down and kissed her gently at first. Then she intensified the kiss. It seemed as though time stopped when they kissed. Kagome's body went numb and she became lost in his embrace. He traced her fangs with his tongue. She opened her mouth and gladly received him. Their passion continued until she shivered. Inuyasha picked her up and brought her back to the campfire. He laid her gently on her sleeping bag before climbing in himself and zipping them up. Shippo crawled over and climbed in between them.