InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlight Tears ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha & company!!!
Kagome sat by the edge of the river staring at her reflection. `Who does he see' she asked herself. She had seen him with her again. Ever since she did, he looked at Kagome different. His eyes, they as usual would betray his actions but lately his eyes…the way he looked at her…was the way she wanted but since that day it didn't seem right. `Kikyo, who else would he see. All I am is the stupid reincarnation of the dead miko.' As she depressed herself she begins to sing softly to herself…not knowing that two golden eyes watched over her from a near by tree listing to her smooth voice harmonize with the gentle wind.
{Seems like just yesterday
You were a part of me
I used to stand so tall
I used to be so strong
Your arms around me tight
Everything, it felt so right
Unbreakable, like nothin' could go wrong
Now I can't breathe
No, I can't sleep
I'm barely hanging on}
 
Even though the song moved fast, her saddened soul couldn't help but make it sound like a ballot. But no matter how she sang it, he was hypnotized. Inuyasha listened to the words that she sang. His ears drooped when he smelt salty tears coming from her. He'd known how he felt about the young miko for some time but never had the courage to say anything. He had grown from like to love in the past two years they had been traveling together and with the rest of the group. He had confronted Kikyo but she left before he could tell her for Kagome had been listening. Since then he had longed to tell her how he felt about the miko but could never muster up the courage so he settled for watching her. The only problem was that the more he looked at her with loving eyes, praying she would see through his fears, she shut herself away more as if it was not real and he was messing with her.
{Here I am, once again
I'm torn into pieces
Can't deny it, can't pretend
Just thought you were the one
Broken up, deep inside
But you won't get to see the tears I cry
Behind these hazel eyes}
He jumped down smoothly and landed in front of her. She yelped and stood up wiping the tears quickly. “Oh hi Inuyasha….sorry for walking off” “why were you crying?” he asked cutting her off. She ignored the question trying to wipe off the tears that remained to her face as they shimmered in the moonlight. He gently grabbed her hands stopping her from wiping off the tears. He held her small hands in his. “Tell me something…..do you still think I love Kikyo?” he asked. Just the sound of her name made Kagome wince and turn her head away as to not show him the pain in her eyes. He held both her hands in one of his hands and used the other to turn her head back to look at him. “Then you are wrong.” Inuyasha could have chuckled after seeing the questioning look on her face. “What are you trying to say?”
He moved his head so that his lips were close to her ear and said “I Love You”
He pulled back still holding her face in a gentle touch. She stared at him with surprised eyes not knowing if he had really said that or she was dreaming. `He…he. No I won't be tricked. I don't want to be hurt…but he seemed so truthful.' Inuyasha watched patiently as shock, anger, and something he couldn't put his finger on crossed her face.
“Inuyasha, why would you have the reincarnation when you can have the original?” Kagome asked trying to find out how to break out of his grip and run. She needed to know the truth first. She slowly started to step away, staring at the round tears threatening to fall, just afraid to hear his answer. She was almost completely out of his grip when she was pulled back, his arms around her. Inuyasha at first was in a daze not knowing what to do. I have to get the truth to her somehow he thought.
He pulled her chin up and met his lips to hers in a passionate kiss. He's, he's kissing me Kagome thought as her eyes closed. The kiss ended as Inuyasha pulled back reluctantly. “Kagome” he said looking into her eyes “I love you. You are the best thing in my life. You have been the day you released me. I'm not letting you go. I love stick to what I said before and always will.” He paused. “I love you Kagome. With all my heart.”
Kagome looked into those honey amber eyes and found nothing but the truth. “I love you too Inuyasha. I have for a while but I thought you still loved K…” but the rest of the sentence was lost in the soft winds as there lips met in yet another kiss. Inuyasha's heart soared. The woman he adored, cared for, protected, and LOVED for Kami's sake had said she loved him too. He couldn't have been happier. That is until his hears picked up something. He pulled back from Kagome her looking very confused. “What,” “shhh”. He walked over to a near by bush that sat a mere 10 feet away from where he and Kagome just stood. He pushed aside the branches to find….
A/N-Okay that is chapter one. Please R&R!! ^_^