InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlight through the Broken Ice ❯ Conflicting Emotions ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: Sesshou: This, Sesshoumaru is not this wench's property, along with the rest of the cast of Inuyasha.
OoOoO
"But before that. . . I have to invite someone in. . . . I believe he wants to see you desperately." With that said, Kikyou raised her hand pointing beyond the forest with narrowed eyes in concentration as she glowed with her power. She smiled as if smelling her triumph around her.
OoOoO
Chapter 2
CONFLICTING EMOTIONS
 
Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango and Shippo were camping outside the barrier. Kirara is now in her cute form lying on Sango's lap while Shippo was sleeping on Kagome's blanket, hoping to smell her scent from it to help him relax. The little kitsune cried himself to sleep, feeling it was his fault that Kagome was now in grave danger. Inuyasha is not in a tree like he usually is. He was sitting beside Miroku near the bonfire. Neither of the three slept the whole night trying to figure out what to do to break the barrier. They have tried every possible way, but all failed, so they decided to rest for a while and save their energy for the worse to come.
 
Inuyasha was staring intently at the fire as it dances in front of him as if he was in another world; the only indication that he's still aware of his surrounding was his puppy-ears that keep twitching on his head towards the barrier, trying desperately to listen to any sound coming from the inside. He then heard something.
 
'Kikyou.  . .she's calling me. . '. He thought as he pulled himself up from the ground and vanished in a red and white blur towards the barrier. He didn't even look back at his companions who moved as quickly as they could to follow him.
 
Miroku and Sango were surprised by Inuyasha's actions. They ran after him but after Inuyasha went through the barrier, it closed again. They only looked at each other, panting from loss of breath because of their effort to move quicker than usual.
 
"What the hell happened? Why did the barrier let Inuyasha in?" Sango asked as soon as she recovered her breath.
 
"I don't know, but I think Kikyou wants him to come after her. Alone. . . . Miroku answered her. “There's nothing we could do but wait and trust Inuyasha. I know he will do everything to save Kagome-sama."
 
OoOoO
Kagome can barely move or breathe now. She can't speak nor lift her head up to look at Kikyou anymore. The only indication that she's still alive is the labored breathing she's doing and her very weak heartbeat. She knew the end for her was near . . . very near.
 
'This sucks! I'm going to die like some helpless little girl. Oh, Inuyasha, where are you? I know you'll come to save me, please hurry!' She thought about her family and her memories flash before her eyes.
 
'Oh man, I'm going to be dead soon, my life's literally flashing in front of me! What's next, the tunnel of light?' she thought then everything turns dark. All she can see from a distance was a light, that seems like from a tunnel out of nowhere. 'Come on! I'm just being sarcastic!' She groaned as if talking in her mind to somebody else.
 
"Hmmm . . . . Her soul is starting to let itself free. She's going to die soon. . . ." Kikyou said to herself and then looked to her right when she sensed someone coming.
 
"At last, you're here, Inuyasha. Your little bitch is about to die. . . . And I wouldn't want you to be late. I want you to be here when she takes her last breath of life. . . . Then I can be whole again." She said grinning evilly at him.
 
Inuyasha was shocked to see Kagome's condition. Despite the barrier around the hut, he could hear her heartbeat starting to falter and her breath so soft he couldn't believe she could still get some air. Without giving a second thought, he griped the hilt of Tetsusaiga at his side and it immediately transformed itself. But before he could even smash the barrier an arrow hit the fang sword and de-transformed it.
 
He looks from where the arrow came from and saw Kikyou still posed from shooting her arrow. He wasn't even given another chance to think when he felt another arrow pierce his claws and Tetsusaiga flew away from him because of the force.
 
Kikyou laughed evilly at him, her eyes gleaming hatred and the anticipation of her nearing victory. "You're pathetic, hanyou. Enjoy looking at her now. This will be the last time you'll see her. You will lose her and see her die in front of you. How does it feel, Inuyasha? My revenge is almost complete."
 
Inuyasha was now facing the hut, his back to Kikyou. He couldn't hear nor understand what Kikyou was saying anymore. His eyes were turning blood-red and all his senses gained so much power that it was driving him mad. He is starting to lose control of his youkai blood because of the painful truth. . . . The truth that he's going to lose Kagome and there's nothing he can do. . . . 'Noooo.  . .Kagome. . . . Don't leave me. . . .' that's all he could think of and then there was only darkness.
 
Kikyou saw the rapid changes that were happening to Inuyasha's body. He now had longer fangs and claws, his eyes were red and he had a single jagged stripe on each of his cheekbones the same color as Sesshomaru's. And there's only one thing she could see in his eyes. . . . bloodlust. He's prepared to kill. . . . anyone!
 
She has never been afraid of anything but seeing Inuyasha like this gives her the chills. She never expected him to transform. Kikyou was not prepared for what happened next, first Inuyasha was in front of her and the next thing she knew, his sharp deadly claws were inside her body piercing her chest through her back. Then he pulled his claws from her only to prepare for another attack.
 
Though Kikyou was badly damaged, she tried to fight back. She knows she won't last long, and she's prepared to go to hell now but she will make sure Inuyasha will go with her. She notched another arrow and shoots it straight to Inuyasha's heart. But to her surprise, before the arrow even touched him, her soul left her body and acted as a shield in front of Inuyasha, absorbing half the power she put into it before hitting its target.
 
Kikyou was shocked at the turn of events. "Why?" She whispered before she falls to the ground, lifeless. The soul that saved Inuyasha went straight to the hut and breaks the barrier. The eel-like youkai that was holding her vanished once the soul entered Kagome's body.
 
Inuyasha was struck by the arrow but because of the soul he managed to turn a bit, thus making the arrow hit his shoulder rather than his heart. The purifying energy helped him gain control again of his demon blood, and he catches Kagome before she falls to the ground. He pulled the arrow out of his left shoulder with his right hand after laying her safely down. He picked up the Tetsusaiga, a few meters away from the hut and put it back in its scabbard.
 
He carried Kagome close to the river. He saw Kikyou's lifeless body and saw the damage on her chest. He knew he killed her; he was shocked, but only for a moment, because he was also relieved that Kagome wouldn't be bothered by Kikyou anymore. He whispered goodbye before living Kikyou's body behind still carrying Kagome in his arms. The wind blew and the lifeless body was turned into dust and was carried by the wind all over the forest.
 
OoOoO
Sesshomaru was restless in his domain. He was standing on the balcony of his home looking beyond his land. The wind felt different to his skin.
 
'Something's wrong' he thought and then something caught his attention. The Tenseiga was glowing and calling him. It wanted him to do something.
 
The wind blew again and he smell's something in the air. . . . Death and it clings with a scent vaguely familiar to him. He took the Tenseiga with him and went straight to the main hall. He saw Jaken and Rin.
 
"Jaken, take care of Rin, I have a very important matter to settle." He said before he went through the huge gate and vanished into a white blur through the forest.
 
He let out a low growl when he sniffs the scent from the air.
 
"That human miko." he whispered as he dashed through the forest using his full demonic speed in a form of an energy orb.
 
OoOoO
Inuyasha put Kagome down gently on the grass near the river. He could hear her heartbeat dangerously slowing its rhythm. Her skin was so pale and her lips were now turning blue. He's losing her.
 
Kagome has wounds all over her body because of the thorny vines. Her sweater was thorn in some parts while there were spots of her blood all over her and deep gashes on her throat. He saw her handkerchief and pulled it out of her pocket. He washed it in the river and wipes her face gently just as he remembers her doing it to him before.
 
She moves slightly upon his touch. She opened her eyes slowly and focused her sight on the blurry white figure in front of her. When she saw Inuyasha's face full of concern for her current condition, she smiled weakly at him.
 
"I knew you would come. . . . Thank you . . . ." after that she closed her eyes again and fell into the darkness that awaited her.
 
Inuyasha choked. The fact of seeing her like this was too much for him. He tried to stand up but his knees were too weak to move. His golden eyes were now shinning with unshed tears. He felt the pain from his battle come to him in a rush and he falls to the ground, his shoulder is now numb because of the wound from the arrow and blood oozed out continuously. The purification of his youkai drains him more than he thought possible. All his strength escaped his body as he slumps to the ground. He wants to stand up, afraid that something or someone might come and take Kagome away, and if that happens, he won't be able to save her in time again.
 
His fear grew when he sensed someone coming, and out of the bushes he saw Sesshomaru. He was staring at him and then to Kagome. Instantly he put his claw on the hilt of Tenseiga, it glowed more and more brightly as he walked closer to where Kagome is lying.
 
Sesshomaru pulled out the Tenseiga and cut through the creatures that were gathering on and around Kagome. He noticed that they seemed to be having a hard time taking her soul away, that they needed quite a number of the creatures from the underworld for her soul alone.
 
Inuyasha tried his best to push himself up from the ground. He saw what Sesshomaru was doing and he can't believe that he would help her live. Then he saw him kneel beside Kagome and caress her cheek so lightly. Kagome moved and murmured. "Inuyasha…”
 
Sesshomaru pulled his hand away from her cheek as if it were hot, upon hearing her whisper his half-brother's name. He stands up and looks at his brother who was still slumped on the ground beside Kagome, unable to move. He narrowed his eyes and felt the Tenseiga glow again with power. He slashed the creatures that were moving around Inuyasha as if waiting for his death, and put back his sword.
 
Inuyasha couldn't believe what was happening around him, especially to what his half-brother was doing, that his eyes were wide open and his jaw was slightly ajar because of his shock. When he realized that Sesshomaru was starting to move away and leave, he forced himself to speak.
 
"Hey, you. Wait! Why are you here? Why did you save us?" He asked still confused.
 
"Do not get me wrong half-breed. This Sesshomaru did not intend to save you. The Tenseiga wanted me to." Sesshomaru said in his very familiar passive voice. His face still remains expressionless and he looked at Kagome's face.
 
'You cannot die until this one finds out what I want to learn from you. I will not take you now, not yet. But I will come back for you when the right time has come. My instincts are telling me, this one will need you someday, but for what, I do not know. It feels so strange. . . . But I will be back!' He thought while staring at Kagome's sleeping face. Her colors were now returning. He firmly grips his clawed hand as he thought about what he just did. He can't even explain his action to himself. He may have saved them because of Tenseiga, but his action towards the miko was unacceptable. But still…the feelings that stir up in him confuse him more.
 
Sesshomaru looked at his brother again before leaving them. Inuyasha felt something strange to his older brother. The way he caressed Kagome's cheek and the way he looks at her, he could have sworn that there were traces of unknown emotions in his eyes, even though they vanished in a flash. And his final look at him, his eyes were different though the same icy cold. There were faint shades of. . . . jealousy.
 
OoOoO
Inuyasha finally having his strength back carried Kagome in his arms again. Then he saw Miroku, Sango and Shippo on Kirara's back, and was heading towards him and Kagome.
 
"Inuyasha, you've found her. Is she alright?" Sango asked, full of concern for Kagome's condition.
 
"She's fine now, don't worry we just have to take her back to Kaede to put some bandages on her wounds and let her rest." He said before he looks back to where his brother left.
 
Everyone agreed. Inuyasha insisted that he would carry her until they were back to the village and that they should go ahead on Kirara to prepare for Kagome's wounds.
 
Once in the hut, Miroku, Inuyasha and Shippo, step out while Sango and Kaede cleaned Kagome's wounds and let her sleep.
 
While Shippo laid beside Kagome to sleep. Miroku and Sango were outside asking Inuyasha what happened. He told them what he knows and even they were surprised when he told them what Sesshomaru did.
 
Sango and Miroku went inside the hut to rest for the night hoping that everything will be okay. Inuyasha heard a noise from the hut, knowing Miroku; he could guess quite right what happened. Miroku groped Sango's butt and received a brain-shattering slap from Sango in return.
 
Inuyasha went up to his tree to rest for the night. He stared at Kaede's hut. "Kagome..." he whispered. Then he looked far to the western lands, his eyes narrowed. 'Sesshomaru.  . . What are you up to now? . . .'
Moonlight Scion: (Hides behind the couch!) Please don't kill me. . . . I know you all hate cliffhangers but. . . . . (Eyes-widen in horror!) . . . no . . . please. . . . aaaahhhhhhhh!
No worries. . . I'm just practicing. . . . . (Just in case you really wanna kill me!)
MS: whihihihi *giggles* the start of his headache is coming now…
If you want more then please tell me and do review… THANKS FOR THE LOVE, CASEDEPUTY!!! MAY YOU HAVE MORE PATIENCE IN BETA-ING MY STORIES *BOWS* ^_^