InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mourning of the Bloody Valentine ❯ Black Out ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Wow...I'm counting all the angry and threatening reviews about wanting to hunt me down with kitchen knives and such because of that last cliffy. I am feeling slightly guilty about it...but u only have to wait until the next day! I mean, come on! It's only like maybe 17-24 hours later! Okay, so I know all you guys won't kill me. And I know, Precious Blood 4 , that you don't have the gall to come at me with kitchen knives. Now, I don't even feel like putting down numbers, because you just know that Eiji is being voted #1 Stalker of the Year. We'll just have to see, right? I mean it could be him...but then it might not. shrugs well... let's start right away!



Mourning of the Bloody Valentine

Chapter Twelve : Black Out

I had started pushing the door open, but after I heard a faint rustle in the nearby bushes I froze. What if I went inside and he locked me in? Or he came in right after me and locked me in with him? I didn't really feel like taking the chance...and if...if Sango had been...k-killed...messily? AH!!! What am I gonna do?!

So there I was, freaking out; pulling hair and squealing at the very thought of Sango or Miroku's insides by my feet, quite stiffly, too, since I did have a large steel meat cleaver on my back. I finally heard a slightly louder rustle, in an even closer bush. I jumped, and smacked my back painfully against the porch wall. I made a kind of loud metal sound from my back. I quickly snuck a look around, and grabbed the throwing knives from deep in my pocket. I held them positioned between my fingers for a second, and then shot them at the bush.

There was an angry 'meow' and Buyo staggered out. One of the knives had trimmed his whiskers and another stuck the tip of his tail into the ground.

"Buyo! Oh my god! What are you doing here, Buyo?" I forgot all fear and ran over to him, pulling out the knife and gathering the others. I popped them back in my pocket, and lifted; or tried to, the heavy Buyo. I murmured comforting phrases to him as I petted him, and as I said before, forgetting everything, I strode right into Sango's house.

I brought Buyo to the kitchen table, and not noticing the mess of the chairs overturned and everything disarrayed, I proceeded to get a bandage from the cupboard and wrapped up the tip of his tail, and added a little bow on the end for additional cute-ness. I giggled and looked at him. As I picked him back up, I suddenly became aware of my surroundings. I almost dropped poor Buyo as I shrieked and, seeing as there was no one was downstairs, I caught my breath, put Buyo down, and gripping the knife handle behind my back, I started upstairs. I didn't hear the click of the front door closing from downstairs.

I was feeling incredibly tense and likely to go hysterical at the least thing. Such as: if I walked in and Sango and Miroku were in bed together and asked me to join in their lovemaking. That would have pushed me over the edge. And not in a good way, you sicko! But that was definitely not the case I treaded softly up the carpeted steps and first into the bathroom. Only my reflection greeted me when I flicked on the light. I switched on the hallway light, then Kohaku's room light, the parents' room, then finally Sango's. Everything was empty, but spotlessly clean. Except Sango's and Kohaku's room. Where was Kohaku? I began to wonder and I began walking; actually backing away, flicking off the lights, I bumped right into a hard chest.

"Kagome!" The chest said. Well, actually the mouth that was slightly higher than the chest.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! " I screamed, my eyes screwed shut, and I kept screaming, which actually turned into a kind of battle cry as I whipped out the meat cleaver and charged, eyes closed.

My hand was stopped. By another hand. I opened my eyes, tears blurring my vision. I dropped the knife. Him? ...What was he...doing here??

Sorry to say, but I kind of blank out here too. Must have been the adrenaline. Actually, I've been having that more of late. Blackouts, not remembering what I did for a while, or at least until someone told me later. I do think, however, that this black out was only about 10 seconds long. And so, you know how these things are. The blood rushes to your head when you're scared, giving you that rush. A high, as Miroku once called it. But when the high is over, you drop dramatically to even lower than when you started. He used to go on and on about these things, saying that he totally understood why druggies were druggies. Once they hit that high, they'd drop so low that they'd convince themselves into getting another joint to keep them as high as possible. Therefore the never ending process. Well, at least until they died from an over dose. And no, he'd say, he was not a druggie. And Sango would laugh and bop him on the head for no real reason, and compliment on how much he knew even though he had, apparently, never taken drugs. He would reply smartly, Why, Sango darling, I thought our lovemaking was wonderful, but with the drugs you're insisting I take? We could be going all night! Sango would hit him to the ground, exclaiming how she'd never kiss him, yet along sleep with him! And he was a hentai, hentai, HENTAI!! She'd stop when he stopped moving, and I'd laugh and tell Sango that she'd sooner end up killing him than sleeping with him. She would grab her binder and come at me next. Would InuYasha be there, too? To laugh and tease her to no end? I kind of wonder. But...the bigger question. Sango was gone now. She'd never get to sleep with him now...probably to his dismay. But who knows what their dead souls are doing? Crazy couple, they were. And...I loved them for it. Sango...Miroku...I just want you guys back.

I opened my eyes; I was still standing in the same charging position except with no knife. My eyes met his, his hand still over my wrist.

"Kagome?"

"...InuYasha?"



A/N: Does that count for a cliffy? I don't know, but maybe it does. Hopefully nothing will happen to you guys, with, what, 3 cliffies in a row? Hope you make it! Haha! Okay so thanks for all reviews, and please keep them coming! Ah, good, now I have the rest of the day off! No guilt that you guys are waiting for reviews! YES! Okay, so go! Review, review! And thanks everyone!

Ja ne.

-Katana