InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mourning of the Bloody Valentine ❯ Ditto ( Chapter 20 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Hey what's up my homies! It's great to be back! And I just got braces today for the first time! -shudders- and I'm sore as anything. But, that won't stop me from making a good chapter. (Hopefully) Okay since I haven't put a disclaimer for a long time, I don't own InuYasha! Nobody here does except for some lucky rich person (Rumiko Takahashi) in Japan. Okay I'd better get started now that I'm feeling more energetic, thanks to Advil, so I'll start up right away!



Mourning of the Bloody Valentine


Chapter Twenty : Ditto


As I had been laughing my lungs off, I was actually afraid I'd drop one; Kouga came marching up. He could probably already tell that I was responsible. He would have marched to Miroku, rest his soul, but thankfully for his own sake, he wasn't.

"Kagome!" He snarled, heading towards me, his anger like fire burned within ice blue eyes. InuYasha pushed me behind himself, and met Kouga with a happy scowl. I giggled drunkenly from behind InuYasha's back.

"Kagome, you bitch. What...no. Where did you get that!" He ignored the white haired dog between us and spoke as if we were face to face. I pushed InuYasha slightly to the side. I could take on this piece of vermin. I smiled comically, pointing a drunk and wobbling finger at him.

"Well, actually, I know a friend who knew a friend who had a cousin who had a sister who was engaged to a private investigator, and this little tidbit was only for a taste of how useful he really is. Pretty good music choice and captions, don't-cha think?" I smiled mockingly. I crossed my arms prettily, and furrowed my eyebrows in fake sympathy for him, pouting my lips. I could hear InuYasha's poorly muffled laughter beside me. He tried unsuccessfully to cover it with a weird kind of cough.

"You're filth, Kagome. A filthy bitch. The reason you didn't want to sleep with me was probably because you've already had every other guy, huh? What about InuYasha here?" He nodded, smirking at InuYasha who was having trouble keeping his paper cup from being crushed into a wad by his twitching fist. "My ass you're a virgin." Kouga continued; his face was grim.

My mouth fell open at that, my heart felt suddenly sliced. Who did he think I was? Some SLUT?

"I'm no slut, you bastard!" I started my rampage, pushing InuYasha back, trying to tell him that this was between us, I could handle it, "Ha, you know what. I bet it's cuz you're surrounded by too many of those who would...oh, I don't know, give their virginity away against a brick wall, that you can't acknowledge a virgin when you see one! But, then again..." I placed my hands on my hips triumphantly with a smirk, "I think she's still a virgin, seeing as your dick is too short to go all the way through, Gaylord."

InuYasha couldn't hold it in that time, and immediately started laughing, trying to keep a serious smirk on his face.

Kouga's eyes narrowed, and he said a comment that would cut me then scar me.

"Watch what you say, cunt. You know...I thought I loved you for a while there..." He chuckled grimly, "But I guess I over estimated you. You are a cheating, spying, worthless, sodomized bisexual prostitute and who knows where you've been sticking your pussy."

I tried to force my mouth open to snap back, but instead, two twin tears rolled down my cheeks. I hadn't even realized them coming. I blinked, looking downward, salty tears being pushed out onto my pale cheeks. I didn't make a sound, just sighed sadly as they did not cease. InuYasha sensed it immediately.

"You fucking BASTARD! You made her cry..." InuYasha looked downward as well, his fists clenched, and his fangs seem to grow. He snarled maniacally and when he looked up, bangs revealed two scarlet eyes.

I quickly realized that InuYasha was angry beyond anything I had ever seen. Ever thought he would be. I grabbed his arm before he could lunge at a yet again, shocked Kouga. My touch against his hand seemed to drain away the red. His eyes began to lessen to the normal soft gold. Tears stained my face as I looked up at him mournfully.

"Please...don't...InuYasha..." I begged him, imploring. I gripped his hand, willing all the anger to leave his eyes entirely.

He looked at me sadly, my face red, my eyes fearful. He gripped my hand back. InuYasha gave me a weak smile as consolation, and his fingers still laced with mine, he turned back to Kouga.

"You." He stated calmly, which could be more frightening than him angry, "I'll get you if you say anything about Kagome to anybody. And if you do...I will kill you." As he said it, Kouga could obviously tell he had just made a promise to him.

I clung to InuYasha's hand, for fear that the scarlet would return if I let go. Kouga whirled around angrily and stalked off to find Kagura.

I closed my eyes wearily, leaning against the gymnasium vent, my soft hair blowing gently due to the air conditioning. InuYasha looked at me worriedly, and screwed up enough courage to ask me.

"Kagome?" He said meekly.

"Yes?" I said sleepily, smiling at him warmly.

"Come on, let's get closer to the stage. Maybe Hojou would have played a good song by now."

He took my hand gently and helped me, drunk as I was, to some chairs by the stage.

He sat down, and as I was about to sit in the chair next to him, he pulled me into his lap instead. I gasped for a second, but smiled at him. I gave him a quick kiss on his nose as a sign of thanks as he wrapped his arms around my middle, and after settling my arms on his, I lay my head back on his shoulder. I sighed happily. And the music? It was actually a good song for the right time, too.

I smiled remembering the song as it started.

Daisuki datta ano uta

furui TEEPU no naka

chiisana KIZU iro aseta TAITORU

nijinda yoake

soshite mata kyou ga kuru

natsu no kaze o tsurete

narete yuku hibi no katasumi de

futo kodoku ni deau

jitensha de doko made mo

kaze o keru hayasa wasurenai

lalalala utaou sora o miagete

lalalala It's my life aruite yukou

watashi no chikara de susumu hate shinai kono michi o

CardCaptors had always been a good anime, in my opinion, and the song for the first movie couldn't have been more appropriate. I listened to InuYasha tell me about how he was going to impale and skin, and then feed Kouga to some piranhas if he ever said anything about me. I could feel anger radiating off him already. I opened my eyes sleepily, and kissed his chin.

"Leave it be, InuYasha."

ikutsumo no kousaten itsumo mayou kedo

nagasare tari oikosare tari shite

ima o ikiteru

"He shouldn't have said those things Kagome." He protested softly. "It...hurts my heart when you cry. You know I love you to death. And I don't want you hurt. He deserved it, anyway."

butsu karu koto mitomeru koto

otona ni natte mo wasurenai

I sighed resignedly and said finally:

"I love you more than life itself...InuYasha." I slipped away into the security of sleep as he said back softly:

lalalala utaou sora o miagete

lalalala It's my life aruite yukou

watashi no chikara de susumu hate shinai kono michi o

"Ditto."



A/N: Okay that's 5 pages! Hope it's okay. I don't know why but I love writing all that lovely fluff and waffiness! Okay that song was from Cardcaptors the first movie theme. Okay please review everyone, and I'm gonna go redoes with Advil! What a lifesaver! Your reviews make me feel better! ;)


Ja ne.


-Katana