InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Moving On ❯ Friday Night and a Corona ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N Hello all this is my first fic. So Read and Review, please. Thanks in advance.
 
Disclaimer: Inuyasha is not mine!!
 
 
 
Kagome sat in her office reading over an article they had to print, for the summer issue of Quintessence. Being editor could be so boring. Especially when I'm all alone in the damn building after hours, on a rainy Friday, she thought. Her good looking executive boyfriend was already at home, getting drunk no doubt. No denying it, her life was in a slump a boring no sex slump. She was 23 and she was still a virgin. She looked over at the mirrored window. She was wearing grey slacks a white button down sweater and a deep frown that extended to her grey eyes. Suddenly her cell started blasting Usher's “My Boo.”
 
It started when we were younger you were mine
My boo
Though another brother's taken over it's still in your eyes
 
Kagome looked at the caller ID. “Puppy,” she muttered.
 
She pressed talk.
 
“Hello?” she greeted.
 
“Hey, Kags,” a deep voice rumbled back.
 
It sent chills through her. She felt the heat all over her face. Why the hell after all these years did he still make her hot and bothered with just the sound of his voice?
 
“Hey Inu, what's up,” she said smiling.
 
“I was wondering if you aren't doing anything later tonight, maybe you could drop by. Have a drink watch a movie, something like that.”
 
She nodded. “Sure once I get out of here, and I go home to change, I'll be there; love, Inu.”
 
He caught the smile in her voice, “Feh, love back, Kags, I'll see you then,” he said gruffly.
 
They hung up. Inuyasha lay on his over sized couch in the pent house he owned. He and Kagome Higurashi had been friends since she rubbed his ears in the 2nd grade. She was the one of only people besides his family that had no problem with the fact that he was a half demon. He smirked running a hand over his golden eyes. “Damn I want her,” he sighed. He knew though, that she was with that pretty boy Hobo or Bobo or something like that. For now they would be friends while he had fun with his bachelorism. He stood up and walked to the bathroom for a long two hour shower.
 
~*~
 
Kagome sang to the song playing on her CD player in her 2002 Mustang.
 
It's going to burn for me to say this it's coming from my heart
 
She stopped for the red light and turned up the bass, as she unclipped her hair, letting raven locks fall all around her.
 
Let it burn
Let it burn
Let it burn
 
She sang the whole song by the time she pulled into her apartment. She grabbed her briefcase and ran up to the door man, Meoga who was holding an umbrella for her. She smiled at him, “Thank you.”
 
She pressed the button on the elevator and stepped in as they opened. She hummed “Burn” in her head the entire 5 floors up.
 
She clicked the 3 locks open with her keys and stepped onto her creamy plush carpet. She took her heels off and called out to her boyfriend, “Hojo, I'm home.”
 
No answer well other than the hum of the AC. Kagome walked into the master bedroom that she and Hojo shared and saw that he was truly not home. So she took a shower, blow-dried her hair and pulled on a pair of black sweats and a pink cut off shirt. She looked in the mirror and dragged her hair into a pony tail. She grabbed her wallet and started down the hallway. The kitchen clock read 11:30.
 
The locks on her door started clicking and she slowed her roll to the door wanting to talk to her man before she left. She took a bottle of water out of the fridge and opened it. Why the hell was he not in the damn door yet? She moved to the door the water still in her hand.
 
She jumped back. Hojo Yakamoura her man, was in her doorway making out with…some slut who was not her! Kagome raised her bottle of water and poured it all over his sandy brown head. He jumped scared and then he let his eyes travel to her. “Kagome baby, it's not what it looks like…”
 
She dropped the bottle on the floor and pushed him a good five feet away from her, “Oh really,” she spat her words full of venom. “What the fuck is it then?”
 
The bitch he was with spoke up, “He said he was sick of your waiting to fuck him.”
 
Kagome turned on her, “You bitch, need to stay the fuck out of this and get the hell on.”
 
The girl rolled her blue eyes and tossed her long hair, “Whatever,” she said bored, “Hojo I'll see you later.”
 
She was gone.
 
Kagome had stormed to their- now her- room and into their closet. She pulled all his clothes off the rack and threw them at his feet in a heap. She stormed into the bathroom and took all his things out but not be fore grabbing a pair of scissors and cutting the cord to his electric clippers. Kagome placed that at his feet too. He just stood there gaping at her. She seized the phone and called the office. “Meoga, this is Kagome could you do me a favor and send a guard up here? Make sure he had at least 4 boxes with him Room 1005, thank you sir,” she hung up.
 
Kagome barley suppressed a sob, as she stood in front of Hojo, though she could not stop the tears that were running down her cheeks.
 
“I hope you know that we are over and done with. My numbers will be changed and so will my locks but just in case-” she snatched the keys that were in his hand and unhooked hers, “I will be taking these.”
 
She heard the guard walk through the door, “Back here!” she called.
 
A tall boy with red brown hair pulled into a puff stepped in to the room. She offered him a small smile, “Hello, Shippo, could you help Hojo pack his things in to those boxes and escort him out of my apartment?”
 
Shippo nodded, “Sure Miss H. if you needed to go anywhere…I'll lock up for you.”
 
Kagome smiled again, “Thanks. Oh and Hojo…” she threw over her shoulder.
 
He rasped, “Yeah?”
 
She growled at him her voice like toxic honey, “Drop dead, you son of a bitch.”
 
Kagome walked out the door stopping only briefly to pick up her cell. She ran to the car ignoring the rain that was drenching her and making her look like a contestant in a wet t-shirt contest.
 
She called her best friend Sango. When she did not pick up she left a message, “Hey Sango it is Kagome I need to talk to you,” her voice broke, “I'm on my way to Inu's call me back.”
 
Inuyasha was on his couch again drinking a Corona, dressed in his boxers. He ran a clawed hand through his hair. Then he smelled tears and the sent of flowers, Kagome, he thought. He walked over to the bar and pulled out a Corona for her. He felt she would need one; that and a hug. His door bell sounded. “Coming,” he said.
 
Through the door he heard a small sob. He jerked the door open, and his heart almost broke. Kagome's eyes were red and puffy and she looked soaked to the skin from the rain. Her long hair was pulled back and sopping wet. His arms reached out and pulled her to his chest. She wrapped her arms around his waist overlooking the fact that she was wet and that he was almost naked. “Oh Kags, what did that bastard do to you?” he breathed into her hair.
 
She shook her head pulling back from him, “It's no big deal Inu, I'll live.”
 
He took her hand and led her to the bar picking her up by the waist and setting her down. He stood between her legs looking her dead in the eye, “What happened please tell me, don't shut me out Kags.”
 
He reached out and brushed a tear away from her face. She took a deep breath, “Could I have a Corona?” she asked.
 
 
 
 
A/N: well that was the first chapter. Should I keep going? Do I suck ass at this? Tell me. Huggz and kisses.