InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Moving On ❯ News and Annoyances ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 
 
Okay…here we go….
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha.
 
 
 
Kagome's high heels clicked on the marble floor as she approached the two young women at the round receptionist's desk. Brianna looked up first, “Hey Kagome, Inuyasha's in Ursula the big room on the left.”
 
Kagome smiled in return, “Thanks.”
 
Kagome looked around the halls. There were pictures of Inuyasha and his father, him and Sesshomaru and they all looked regal. She reached the double doors of Ursula and knocked twice.
 
“It's open.”
 
Kagome pushed the door open. Inuyasha was leaning over a huge book, “See, Dad Sess's case was just like mine!”
 
Tai looked up, “Kagome, how are you?”
 
Kagome smiled, “Fine, Inuyasha, do you have anything to do with a case concerning a Naraku Onigumo?”
 
Inuyasha gave her a funny look, “Yeah that's what I'm telling dad about right now, I can win this case. How do you know?”
 
Sesshomaru cut her off, “Inuyasha, your ignorance is showing. You can't pull anything up on him.”
 
Tai looked at Kagome, “How do you know?”
 
“Koga Wolfe told me all about it; he was trying to defend one of the former dancers, months back. They lost.”
 
Inuyasha rolled his eyes, “Feh, I'm better at this than Koga.”
 
Kagome sat behind Inuyasha's desk, “Well good luck Inu I believe in you.”
 
Tai smirked. “You'd believe in him if wanted to be come an ice seller in Alaska.”
 
This Sesshomaru gives up on that stubborn hanyou. I will see you all later.”
 
He breezed out with a final wave.
 
Tai frowned, “Inuyasha you may take the case-”
 
Inuyasha scoffed, “Thought so.”
 
His father's golden eyes flashed, “Oh not to fast…you will update me on your progress and you will accept any help that we offer.”
 
 
“Dad this case-” Inuyasha stood up angrily.
 
Tai stood firm, “Is too hard for anyone to handle by themselves…not many people would want to take this…you will agree to my terms.”
 
He moved to Kagome and gave her a kiss on the forehead, “Keep him out of trouble.”
 
Kagome smiled knowingly, “I'll try.”
 
He gave Inuyasha a hard look before leaving.
 
 
Inuyasha growled as soon as he was sure his dad was out of ear shot. “That's not fair.”
 
Kagome raised an eyebrow, “How old are we Inu?”
 
Inuyasha went to a cabinet and pulled out a thick file, ignoring her comment. He shuffled the documents with in and soon grew bored with it putting it aside. He proceeded to pace restlessly across the room.
 
“Inu, stand the hell still…” she complained.
 
“Feh,” he grunted freezing on the spot.
 
“Well Inuyasha, will you promise not to get mad?”
 
Golden eyes narrowed at her, “Mad at what?”
 
Kagome hesitated, “Well I think I am tired of being single and alone so…”
 
Inuyasha moved closer to her, “So what?”
 
“I accepted a date with Koga tonight,” she rushed out.
 
Inuyasha's eyes flared, “WHAT THE HELL?!”
 
She flinched before retorting, “Oops, I mean it's not a big deal.”
 
Inuyasha flexed his claws menacingly, “All right then, it won't be a big deal when I take his guts out.”
 
Kagome crossed the room and sent him a look of pure evil, “Do that and they won't find your body. I'm sick of those childhood games you both play. So I suggest you grow the hell up.”
 
Inuyasha glared right back, “There you go again, `don't protect me' she says, stubborn human.”
 
“Whatever, stay away from him; if I need your help I will ask.”
 
Inuyasha shrugged, “Good enough.”
 
Kagome stood and picked up her purse, “I'll see you after the date; I'll stop by and tell you every thing. If you get worried call me.”
 
She gave him a light kiss on the cheek and left.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Okay I know this sucks but I had to foreshadow a bit. New chap soon.