InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mutations ❯ The Mission (Part 1): Assignment ( Chapter 13 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
A/N: (yawns)...the only thing keeping me awake right now is the Lion King Soundtrack....don't ask...I don't own Inuyasha or X-Men...

Inuyasha opened his eyes and growled at the red light on his cieling that was now flashing on and off. "Damnit," he said, looking down to the young woman in his arms, sleeping piecefully. "Kagome?" he said softly.

"Hm?" she replied, her eyes still closed.

"We gotta go."

"Where?"

"School started about thirty seconds ago," he said, looking up at the flashing light above him.

"Do we have to?" she grumbled, cuddling further into him.

"Yeah, Kagome, let's go." He lifted the young girl up bridal style and walked slowly toward the door.

"No need," a young voice said from behind him.

Inuyasha stopped. "What the fuck are you doing here Mimic?"

"I brought her cloths. She can change in the bathroom and be ready for class in aproximately 96 seconds."

Inuyasha growled softly, catching the small pile of cloths that had been thrown at him and setting Kagome down.

"Thanks," the young girl yawned, walking into the bathroom with her cloths and closing the door.

Inuyasha frowned and turned to Mimic. "What's the real reason you're here?"

"Wait, watch this." Mimic pointed to his watch. Exactly 96 seconds later, Kagome walked out of the bathroom, completely dressed and ready for school. "Told'ya," he smirked under his mask and watched Kagome walk to the door.

"Go ahead we'll be down in a few minutes," Inuyasha growled, motioning for Kagome to leave the room.

Kagome closed the door behind her and sighed. "As long as you don't kill each other."

Inuyasha turned back to Mimic and growled. "Why the fuck are you here?"

Mimic stood up and walked toward Inuyasha's desk. "Oh, no reason. I just wanted to tell you that you were asked to go on a secret mission." The young man walked slowly along the wall until he was at the small desk and hit the small button at the side. "You should probably bring one or two of these though," he said, waving his hand at the large assortment of guns that covered the walls.

"What do they want me to do?" Inuyasha lifted up his heavy fingerless gloves and pulled them over his hands.

"Information is all we're after," the young man said, looking over one of the large rifles. "The AS50 right?" He whistled. "These things are powerful."

"50 caliber, armor piercing....but, that's not the point. Why doesn't the professor just hack somebody's head for answers?"

"He's already tried," the younger man said, stuffing his hands back in his pockets. "He keeps getting mixed information...so, we need to go and get the written documents-"

"We?" Inuyasha growled.

"Yes, we know your whole need to be independent, but, you're going to need to work with someone on this one and they decided to send the level fives out."

Inuyasha chuckled. "You're nowhere near my power level."

Mimic smirked and was surounded by a bright light. "You sure about that?"

Inuyasha blinked at the mirror image of himself staring back at him.

"What if I was you?" Mimic was right. He now had all of Inuyasha's powers. The only difference between them was the mask covering his face.

Inuyasha smirked again. "I have a slight advantage though. I've had these abilities for much longer than you." Without warning, the hanyou took a quick swipe at his clone's face. Mimic easily caught the strike.

"Wrong again my friend," he kicked the hanyou in the stomach and let him fall to the ground. "I really hate having to do that to teachers, but you gave me no choice."

Inuyasha growled and wipped the blood from his lip as he stood up. "What kind of information?"

"Just your everyday cure for mutant-ism," the boy said, smiling in victory.

"Cure?" Inuyasha looked at the boy suspicsiously. "There's a cure?"

Mimic nodded. "And it's surrounded on all sides by an insane amount of guards." He pulled the AS50 from the shelf on the wall. "You were pretty good with this during Danger Room yesterday. How are you on the field?"

"Good enough."

"Great. I'll have two please with a small order of Glock 21," the young man said, watching two Model 21s fly toward him and land in the holsters on the sides of his vest. Then, a second AS50 glided toward Inuyasha and landed in his hands. "Le's get this party started." Suddenly, both young men vanished.

A/N: The chapters are short because it makes it easier and faster for me to post them. I actually skipped most of the second movie because I didn't much like it. Plus, I can't use it in my fic...