InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Christmas Angel ❯ My Christmas Angel ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

My Christmas Angel
 
I couldn't believe it; I didn't want to believe it. It all happened so fast…
 
~Flashback~
 
We were walking through the park and she went in front of me, she was dancing in the middle of the park, while the snow fell.
 
“InuYasha, come on, it's really fun!” Kagome exclaimed.
 
“Aw come on Kagome, we got to go, it's Christmas eve, and I still have to wrap my presents for Miroku, Sango, Koga, Ayame, Sesshomaru, Rin and Shippo.” I answered back
 
“Well come here first and then we'll go home…please?” she did her puppy face I couldn't say no to that, so I went over and held her in my arms while the snow fell, there was no one around at this time, so it was isolated.
 
“Ok now can we go home, we're gonna be late, and Miroku is probably gonna think something lecherous.” I laughed.
 
“Wait I wanna dance in the snow for a bit, you go over there if you don't wanna.” She told me. I walked over to the bench and watched as she dance away.
 
As soon as I was about to say it was time to go home… I heard a gun shot, I looked over to Kagome, to make sure she was ok. She was still, very still… then she fell to the ground…
 
~End of Flashback~
 
Now here I am, in the hospital, and my Kagome in a hospital bed. Sango, Miroku, Kouga, Ayame, Hojo, Sota, Her mom, Sesshomaru, Rin and Shippo were all waiting outside in the waiting room.
 
Today at central park, Young Miss Higurashi was shot. It turns out that a gang had a drive by shooting; unfortunately Miss Higurashi was in the way-
 
I turned off the TV
I took Kagome's dying pale hand and held it to my heart. I couldn't believe this! I was supposed to ask her to marry me at the end of graduation!
 
I cried that day; I hadn't cried since my parents died…I was 4. I leaned over and kissed Kagome's forehead, my tears falling on her perfect face.
 
Her eyes fluttered open…just barely.
 
“Inu-InuYasha?” she weakly asked
 
“Yea Kag, honey it's me, you're gonna be alright.”
 
“InuYasha, you know I'm not that naïve, I know what happened; I know what's gonna happen.”
 
“Please don't leave me, I love you, so much” I cried out.
 
“I love you too, but you and I both know I'm not going to make it, don't try and sugar coat reality.”
 
“I'll love you forever.”
 
“I know, and I'll love you forever, too bad I couldn't spend Christmas with you all.” She spoke softly.
 
“Well you kinda can, you guys can come in now.” I yelled through the door. When the door opened, on the other side were all of our friends, even the Hobo dude, all of them holding a present, Kagome's present.
 
“O my gosh guys what's all this?” asked a now, happy Kagome.
 
“We decided since you couldn't come to Christmas, Christmas was gonna come to you!” explained Koga.
 
“Thanks guys, for always being there, I'm never gonna forget you” Kagome said through happy tears, and coughing slightly.
 
“Okay who's first?” I asked, “Um… how about the girls, Sango?”
 
“Sure Yash.” She went to Kagome's side, and gave her the present; it was wrapped in a nice pink wrapping paper. Kagome opened it and took it out, it was a little snow globe of a girl making a snow angel.
 
“It's beautiful Sango, thank you.” The girls then hugged
 
It went like that through everyone; everyone received a hug, even that wimp, homo, much to my displeasure.
 
Sango got her a snow globe, Ayame got her a pair of earrings that were in the shape of mistletoe, Rin got her a new top that said `merry freaking x-mas' on it, Hojo got her a good luck necklace, her mom got her a photo book, Miroku got her a Christmas picture frame, Koga got her a sweater, Sota got her a Christmas mug, Shippo got her a teddy bear, and Sesshomaru got her a stuffed Rudolph the red nosed rein deer, with a candy cane.
 
“Thanks guys this has been the best Christmas ever.”
 
“Kagome I haven't given you mine yet.” I spoke up.
 
“Okay, what did ya get me?” she smiled
 
I reached into my pocket and took out to small velvet boxes, I opened the bigger one and took it out, and it was a silver bracelet with angels dangling from it. I took her wrist and put it on her.
 
“O my gosh I love it InuYasha!” kagome said and hugged and kissed me.
 
“That is one of your gifts, Christmas is a time of sharing, hope and laughter, and I just want you to know you will always be our Christmas angel.” I said, pouring my heart out.
 
“Thank you so much InuYasha.”
 
“ I'm not done yet,” I say, I then open the smaller box and got down on one knee, it was earlier then I planned but it seemed like the time.
 
“Kagome Higurashi, will you marry me?” I ask
 
“I-I of course I will!” she said, through tears. “But you know, I'm not gonna make it through tomorrow, the gun shot hit my main organs, but they were able to stabilize them for a while, it's amazing I'm even conscious.” She spoke softly.
 
I looked at her and said “I don't care I love you.” And then kissed her.
 
“Awww that is so cute!” squealed Ayame.
“I know did you see the size of that thing? It's like the size of a continent!” yelled Sango.
“Aww my baby is engaged” said her mom.
“Dude, nice” said Koga
“Very good, little brother” Said Sesshomaru
“So what ya gonna do for the honey moon?” said Miroku, perverted.
SLAP
“Miroku get your head out of the gutter you lech!” yelled Sango
 
They all had a good laugh, they also stayed the night, telling stories, remembering memories, telling jokes, and just laughing.
 
At the stroke of midnight, Kagome Higurashi died; she was loved by all and never forgotten.
 
~3 Years Later~
 
“Hey Yash!” Yelled Miroku.
 
“What?” I yelled back.
 
“ We're getting tired of watching you dance in the snow, it's Christmas eve and we have lives, unlike you, so lets get going!” yelled Koga
 
“Go bite yourself, I do this every year since the incident, so you should be getting used to me dancing in the snow, and plus if your bored you guys can join me!” I yelled back. I had been doing this since Kagome died 3 years ago, I had never picked up dating again, and I still was engaged to Kagome, even if she was gone.
 
“Leave him alone I think it's sweet what he does.” Spoke Sango.
 
“How is it sweet, he dances in the snow like an idiot…I don't see anything sweet about that”
 
“Well Koga, of course you wouldn't, because you never listened to why he did this every Christmas Eve!” scorned Ayame.
 
“What was the story?” questioned Miroku
 
“On the day of the incident, Kagome was dancing in the snow, and InuYasha didn't want to, so he does this every year, because he thinks that maybe if he had danced with her that time she wouldn't have died.” Answered Rin.
 
“Well you have to give InuYasha credit, he's been doing this every year” said Shippo.
 
Everyone nodded…even Sesshomaru
 
“Okay I'm done, lets go, I still have to wrap presents and stuff.” I said as I walked back to the group.
 
“About time man, you look like a loon out there.”
 
“Shut it Koga.”
 
The group got up and started walking home, I waited until they we're out of ear shot and said softly.
 
“Bye My Christmas Angel, I'll see you next Christmas Eve.”