InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Christmas Gift ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary: To love someone is to sacrifice anything for his happiness. Kagome now realized what that means.
 
Disclaimer: I don't really know how to write a disclaimer, but I'll try. I don't own Inuyasha.
 
 
Broken Vow
 
I should have believed them when they said that he doesn't truly love me. I should have seen his actions. But the reason why I didn't believe them was that I trust him of not doing it.
 
~~~Flashback~~~
 
“ Hey guys! I'm back,” shouted Kagome as she climbed out of the old, dry well, also called the Bone-Eaters Well.
 
“ Oh, hey Kagome-chan,” Sango replied unenthusiastically.
 
`That's odd,' thought Kagome. It's really unusual for Sango to be like this. But she paid no heed. She was so excited on telling them all about Christmas.
 
“Come on. Let's go to Kaede's hut. I have great news to tell you,” Kagome said excitedly.
 
When they arrived in Kaede's hut, Kagome noticed that Inuyasha was missing. So she asked them where he is. Sango and the other guys noticed that there is a hopeful glint. They knew that if they tell her the truth, it would cause Kagome pain. But when they compared it to what Kagome would feel if they lied to her, they thought that it would be best if they'd tell he the truth.
 
Kagome has some idea on what was going on, but she doesn't want to jump to conclusions. So she waited for their answer.
 
“I'm not sure how you'll react to this Kagome,” Miroku started. “I'm not sure if you've noticed that Kikyo's soul-stealers are here. He's with her.”
 
`I don't believe it. Inuyasha said he loves me,' she thought.
 
“I know ye don't believe us, child. But please don't go looking for them.” Lady Kaede said, as if reading Kagome's mind.
 
“Oh, okay,” Kagome sadly said. “Anyways, these are your Christmas presents. I'm going to bed. Goodnight,” said as she continued to talk monotonously.
 
~~~End of Flashback~~~
 
I should have listened to them.
 
Thanks Miroku, for not stopping me. I hope they would understand why I'm doing this.
 
~~~Flashback~~~
 
A couple of hours later, they all went to bed. Though there was someone who stayed awake. Miroku knew that Kagome was awake, crying until there were no tears to cry. She would later talk to him about the emotions she felt. This usually occurs especially when Kagome is doubting Inuyasha's love for her.
 
Kagome talked to Miroku about her feelings, as usual. But Miroku was startled when Kagome started talking about how she couldn't bear the pain any longer.
 
“Miroku, I can't do this anymore. I know that he still loves her. I want to kill myself. That way, I will be in peace. I hope that you would understand. I also hope that you won't stop me,” Kagome forlornly said.
 
“Okay, Kagome. I understand. I know that you think it is a way to stop your misery. And I promise that I won't stop you.”
 
“Thanks Miroku,” Kagome said as she smiled sadly. “I hope that you and Sango would live happily together.”
 
~~~End of Flashback~~~
 
That is not the only reason why I want to do this. I realized that Inuyasha would be happier if Kikyo have a complete soul.
 
I hope that would live happily with Kikyo. I know that you would be happy with my Christmas gift.
 
I will always love you. Goodbye.
 
 
 
***********
 
 
With that, she jumped off the cliff. She welcomed the breeze that she felt. At last, she is free and happy.
 
 
 
 
**********
 
Author's note: I know that it has grammatical errors and stuff, and I apologize for that. I hope that you like it. It's my first story that I wrote here in fanfiction.net.