InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Life, My Love ❯ Ultrasonic Interpretations ( Chapter 17 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

:Chapter 17:
:Ultrasonic Interpretations:
 
When had she become such a coward? Her nature was right.
 
It wasn't that she didn't trust Miroku. She trusted him with her life, even though she hadn't had contact with him for over five centuries. However, that time justified everything that was happening now. Even after the passage of birth, life, and death, Sango knew she trusted Miroku with all her heart.
 
The cowardice of her behavior bothered her, and she wasn't sure if it was from the lack of knowledge that she would be completely unharmed by this mind bending process. The fearfulness came from knowing that trusting someone meant one of two things: living in complete harmony, or, as in her case many times, in complete and utter misery.
 
“I trust you Miroku. You know I do.”
 
The smile that spread across Miroku's face was an instant nerve-calmer, a relief from that hard-edge knife of a face he'd pulled earlier.
 
“I'm glad,” he returned.
 
“It's just—”
 
“You're afraid that this will all end badly. That all of this is just another map to your misery and woe, right?”
 
Sango's eyes widened. “How'd you…?”
 
Miroku tapped his temple with a grin. “Comes in handy, wouldn't you say?”
 
Sango grimaced. “Not really.”
 
“Look Sango,” Miroku ventured, taking her hand. “I can't make you do this, and you don't have to if you don't want to. It's just an easier way for us to have a relationship, like the one we used to have.”
 
“I never said I wanted to be in a relationship with you, monk. You're reading too far into this.”
 
“Am I?” With a torturous grin, Miroku lifted her hand to his mouth. Flicking his tongue across her palm, he watched as she gave an involuntary jerk.
 
“That's not funny,” came Sango's labored reply. What was it about that tongue of his?
 
“I think it's hilarious.”
 
“Why the hell would you think something like that is funny?”
 
Opting for the pads of her fingertips instead of her palm this time, Miroku alternated between sucking and talking.
 
“I think—it's funny—that you think—you can—fool me—with that—punk attitude—of yours.”
 
Sango, at this point in delicious time, was trying very hard not to moan at the way her fingers were tingling at the contact. She couldn't figure out why she couldn't slap him for his invasive behavior.
 
“I think…you should stop…Miro…ku…”
 
“I think you're right, Sango.” However, contradictory to this obvious statement, his lips caressed a path up her arm, somehow finding the most sensitive spots.
 
“I said—”
 
“I know very well what you said, Sango.”
 
“Then why aren't you stopping?”
 
Reaching the junction between her shoulder and her neck, Miroku continued to lick and, to a mixture of Sango's pleasure and alarm, nibble. “Have you forgotten who we are?”
 
Failing to resist the urge to moan, Sango muttered a broken, “No.”
 
“I think you have.”
 
Sango, disappointed at the abrupt halt in the sweetness that was pouring from his mouth, turned a heavy-lidded gaze on Miroku, who tried not to explode in his pants at the sex-up look that was refracting in her eyes.
 
“Whaddya mean?” Came her lazy reply.
 
Miroku stood up, not bothering to cover the erection he knew was completely visible.
 
“Nothing. Let's get some sleep.”
 
 
`Damn that infernal noise.'
 
Sesshoumaru stood rigidly beside Rin in the large hospital room, awaiting the doctor's return. He wanted to crush the ultrasound machine that was creating those deafening beeps.
“You know, Sesshy, you can leave if you want. I understand that the hospital always bothers you.”
 
“A human could never understand a youkai, even if it wanted to.”
 
Rin's nose wrinkled. She pointed at Sesshoumaru, “Well, this human understands that that youkai is hurting.”
 
He regarded her lightly. “This Sesshoumaru does not `hurt'.”
 
Rin giggled. “Okay, Mister Tai-Youkai, sir. I guess you're just ripping a hole in the wall for no reason then?”
 
Sesshoumaru frowned. Glancing down, he came to the realization that he had in fact been clawing the wall in an attempt to block out the hospital noise.
 
He'd make sure that the next time he had a hospital built, he'd put in sound buffers.
 
Rin giggled again, poking at her belly. “It's hard to believe that there's a mini-Sesshy in there.”
 
Sesshoumaru glanced at the ultrasound monitor. Rin didn't know it, but her pregnancy was not like any regular pregnancy. He could make out a definite fetus, and it was rapidly developing.
 
He knew that a normal human pregnancy lasted for at least nine months. What he also knew was that because Rin wasn't pregnant with a human child, but a youkai instead, her gestation would be significantly shorter. Rin would be delivering his pup within the next five months.
 
“Come here Sesshy.”
 
Sesshoumaru considered Rin. “You dare to make demands to the Tai-Youkai of the West?”
 
Rin nodded seriously. “Of course. There's no one else in here.”
 
The simplicity of it all. Sesshoumaru's lips twitched at the cleanliness of Rin's spirit. She didn't have a clue at all.
 
He moved to stand in front of her sitting form atop the hospital bed. Staring at her, he grunted.
 
Rin grinned and pulled his head to her chest in a warm hug. “Sesshy, I don't like it when you hurt yourself.”
 
Sesshoumaru inhaled that soft scent, almost forgetting about that blasted `beep, beeping' in the back of his mind. For the first time all day, his tenseness drained away. “I told you before, woman. This Sesshoumaru does not `hurt'.”
 
Rin idly ran her fingers through Sesshoumaru's hair, marveling at the way it slid through her fingers like a silver trickle of water. “Sesshy, I want you to go home. I know that beepy noise is bothering you.”
 
So she wasn't completely clueless. That noise was rapidly fraying his nerves. But that didn't mean he was leaving anytime soon.
 
“Mates don't leave each other,” he muttered into her breasts before pulling away and letting the icy composure slip back into place.
 
“But Sessy—”
 
“Be quiet woman. The doctor has arrived.”
-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-
 
 
A/N:
Added a little Rin/Sess ^^ I know, I know, a very short chapter. But gimme a break! 10th grade high school is hard! Especially when you go to the top one in the nation ^^
 
 
Reviews
Thankies to all my reviewers! Love you guys!
Final Deliberation: Sesshoumaru:
`Mini-Sesshy…?'
All characters from InuYasha are copyrighted to Rumiko Takahashi. This applies to any and all chapters of My Life, My Love.