InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Little Angel ❯ My Angel ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any character from the Inuyasha series. That is the talented work of Rumiko Takahashi.
 
My Little Angel
 
“Sesshoumaru-sama?” asked the small girl. The taiyoukai glanced down at her.
“Does Sesshoumaru-sama believe in angels?”
He looked thoughtful for a second.
“There are many creatures in the world, Rin,” he answered in his usual cool tone.
“But does Sesshoumaru-sama believe in angels? Father said once that when he died, an angel would protect and watch over Rin,” she said tugging at his sleeve. He was silent for a moment. Though he did not believe in angels the least bit, dashing the child's hopes wouldn't do any good.
“There could be angels,” he said more gently than he intended.
A huge, sweet smile began to glow on the girl's face.
“Then there's an angel watching over you too, Sesshoumaru-sama!” Though he was one of the most emotionless, coldest youkai in Feudal Japan, Rin could have sworn she saw a tiny smile itch at his lips.
“Has Sesshoumaru-sama met his angel yet?” she asked smiling.
“I don't know…”
“Rin has met hers.”
“Have you.”
“Yes. He wears white with sparkling golden eyes and he always looks after Rin. He's saved Rin every time she's in danger and when Rin is scared, just seeing him makes her happy again,” she murmured, her eyes shining with adoration and love. “He's even brought Rin back from death! I want to be with my angel forever.”
Sesshoumaru had stopped and stared down at the girl, his expression unlike any Rin had ever seen. It was…realization? warmth? maybe even…love? The taiyoukai's cold mask had faded and replaced with a small smile and a soft voice. He knelt down next to her and placed a hand on her soft head.
“Your angel will always be with you.”
The girls eyes shone brighter than he had ever seen them and it gave him this warm feeling deep in his heart. His own eyes widened when she threw her small arms around his neck and whispered into his ear, my angel.
 
I'll always protect you, my heaven-sent little angel.