InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Rag Doll ❯ The Bartender ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter One
_________________________________
The Waitress
__________________________________

16 Years Later

It's been a hard day at the office, several of his clients quit because one of his lazy, overpaid workers decided to be a complete asshole. Apparently the guy decided he wanted to quit, but thought it'd be funnier if he got fired by saying rude things to customers. The guy talked to customers all the time as a telephone operator that would listen to customers that had problems with their product, needed help, or had a complaint. When asshole (that's going to be his name) picked up the phone he'd answer with something like "Welcome to Hell, may I take your order?", "I'm sorry don't solicit your stupid here; we're all stocked up.", or he'd just ask "What the Hell do you want?". Customers were pissed, and a lot decided to quit using our products ans services. What made my day even more was the fact that I had to call every single one of them and explain about the asshole, apologize which isn't my strong point, then practically beg some of them to return. Yea, I could use a beer... or 5.

I'd been to the bar before, to celibrate with friends and after bad days at work. The place wasn't well kept and was really run down but it's close to my apartment and wasn't out of my way. I noticed they had a new bartender. I can't help but think that at least this one it hott, the old one was a dirty old guy who didn't have many teeth if any at all. No, she wasn't ugly, she had long, dark brown-black hair, deep brown eyes, she work a white tank top and deep red leather pants. She had pale skin, and her eyes were cold and I couldn't tell her emotions.

After I stared long enough I decided to get a drink.
"'ll have Sex on the Beach" I said to her.

"Not with me," the bartender replied as she poured te vodka, peach schnapps and the pineapple, cranberry, and orange juices into a shaker with ice then strained it into a coctail glass with a slice of lemon and a cherry and handed it to me.

"Thanks," I said as I took a drink. "So... are you new here? I haven't seen you before."

"Yea, I used to work at a different bar but it burned down so I got a job here when I heard the bartender decided to retire." She said to me as she cleaned the bar.

"Ah, I was wondering what happened to the old man. Well my name's Inuyasha."

"I'm Kikyou. So, do you come here often?" Kikyou replied.

"Only when I have a bad day. Well I gotta go, so I'll see you the next time my life decides to be shitty. Unless.. would you like to go to dinner with me sometime?" I asked Kikyou hoping I wasn't being forward.

"Sure, I work from 2pm to 12 am Monday through Friday and I don't work weekeds. Here, let me write my numberand directions to my andmy sister's apartment." KIkyou said as she went to get a piece of paper and a pen. She scribbled her number and a map to her house down and handed me the paper. "Talk to you later Inuyasha."

"Later," I said as I walked out of the bar and headed home.
____________________
That Saturday
____________________
It was finally Saturday and I know Kikyou said she didn't work Saturdays so I thought I'd call her.

-Ring ring- "Hello?"

"Hello, Kikyou?"

"Ah... no. This is her sister Kagome, one minute let me get her."

"Oh, sorry. It's just that you two sound so much alike."

"It's ok, everyone makes that mistake. Here she is."

"Kikyou? This is Inuyasha."

"Hello."

"I was wondering if you'd like to go to dinner with me tonight."

"Sure, I don't have any plans."

"Good, dress casual. We're going to a movie too."

"Okay, what time?"

"At about 6pm, talk to you tonight. Bye."

"Bye."
-click-

Inuyasha sighed and turned on the TV. It was 2 and he had until 6 for his date with Kikyou.

______________________________
At 6pm
______________________________
As Inuyasha pulled up to Kikyou's appartment he realised it was a lot smaller than he'd origonally thought it'd be. After he pulled into the parking lot, he went up the stairs to her appartment and knocked on the door. A girl who looked a lot like Kikyou only younger with more light in her eyes answered the door.

"Hey, I'm Kagome. You're here for my sister Kikyou right?" The girl asked.

"Yea. Where is she?" I asked. But I was answered when Kikyou came into the room.

"Bye Kagome." Kikyou said to her sister and with that Kikyou and I were off on our date.
______________________________


A/N: Kikyou and Inuyasha won't last forever I promise. I don't like to write about Inuyasha and Kikyou together but I do anyways for some reason unknown to me.

Tell me if I should continue. There's a lot planned to happen within the next few chapters. Sorry this one was kind of slow.

Thanks for the reviews lyn, Kougas-gurl-Kara, and K.M.!
______________________________
Disclaimer:
Mili : MWUAHAHA Inu shall be mine!!! Once I make this potion and wisper the spell, that evil copyright shall be gone forever! -BOOM- -cough cough- Dammit!
Well... I don't own Inuyasha... but someday I will.
Inuyasha: Back off bitch!
Mili: Inu-poo you know you love me.
Inu: Keep dreaming.
Mili: I will :P
Converting /tmp/phpkgoJUv to /dev/stdout