InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Rapist's Brother ❯ My baby ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Redone June 9, 2010. Edited for grammar, spelling, and clarity.
My baby
I waved goodbye to Inuyasha from the porch, to my surprise he waved back before speeding off down the road. I never heard him speak of his father so I wasn't sure if he was a strict guy or just a businessman. I let myself in as usual with the key. Mom was waiting for me on the couch quietly. I made my way into the living room and plopped down next to her. I rubbed my belly happily; I was starting to get a small pooch on my stomach.
"How was it with Inuyasha?" Mama asked. I guess she found the note.
"Alright, we agreed to be just friends. Maybe that's for the best" I answered, making my way to the edge of the stairs. I felt like I had to pee really badly. I guess the baby was pressing down on my bladder.
"That's good; Souta is with grandpa and I have to do an extra shift at the Café so I'll be home late. Why don't you call Sango or something so you aren't bored" Mom suggested as she left. I hurried upstairs to pee and then I called Sango.
"Hello?" She answered.
"Hey it's me. What's up?" I asked.
"Nothing, I just hadn't heard from you since you left to the doctor's appointment a few days ago. You alright?" She asked. I hadn't thought of telling anyone the truth, I mean nothing noticeable has happened to my body. Yeah I've gained a little weight and I'm more tired but that could be anything.
"I'm fine, just the flu" I lied. I guess that answer satisfied her because she didn't ask anything else.
"I'm wondering if you know about anything about a girl named Kik…yo" I asked, it still bothered me that Inuyasha thought I'd end up like her or something. But I had never heard of the girl before that day and she wasn't in any yearbook I had from the school.
"Her name was Kikyo Origumo; she was Naraku's adopted sister. It was a couple years ago, but she and Inuyasha dated briefly. Then she dropped out of school and stayed home, and then she mysteriously died and all that happened in a year's time. Inuyasha was torn up about it. Why?" Sango questioned.
"No reason" I lied again, I felt bad for treating Sango that way but I wasn't sure how much she could keep to herself especially with Yura around.
"Wanna hang out? Everyone from school is going to see Dear John this weekend and we haven't hung out in the longest" Sango hinted but the thought of being around her best friend Yura was extra boring.
"I can't, I got a lot of homework to catch up and my mom wants me to babysit Souta" I lied, feeling like a habitual liar now. I never lied to Sango before; she is my best friend in the whole world. If it wasn't for her driving me to the hospital, who else would have helped me that night? But I just couldn't trust her.
"Aw, alright. Well call me again sometime and tell me when we can hang out" Sango said.
"I will, and it was nice talking to you" I agreed and we hung up. I was glad to hear Sango's voice again, she's been there for me for awhile but with Yura around, she's changed. I remembered the phone call from Dr. Doodley and I decided to call her back right away.
"Yes this is Dr. Doodley's office, Nurse Sarah speaking. How can I help you?" The nurse asked.
"I'd like to set up a pregnancy checkup" I said.
"And who is this?" She asked.
"Kagome Higurashi" I answered.
"Alright Ms. Higurashi, is Monday at 4 pm good for you?" She asked.
"Sure, sounds good. I'll be there" I scratched that day and time down on a piece of paper. February 22, 2010 at 4 pm. I put the phone on the charger and went downstairs. Being alone in the house was weird; it felt like at any minute someone was going to break in or something. I heard my ringtone, that's what you get by Paramore, from downstairs so I quickly went back upstairs but I missed the call.
I noticed the little voicemail symbol in the top corner of the phone so I held down 1 to access my voicemail and typed in my four digit password plus the # sign.
"You have one new message. New Message: 'Hey Kagome, you little bitch. You think that life is rough now, wait until Inuyasha leaves you. You don't stand a chance with him. If you think you're special enough to make him want you, you're wrong. He left Kikyo and he'll leave you too. Leave him alone if you know what's good for you' end of message. If you want to save this message, press 7. To delete, press 1" The voicemail said. I felt my heart beating quickly. I pressed 7 to save the message and clicked the phone call off.
He left Kikyo? I thought she mysteriously died. Could Inuyasha have….? NO! Inuyasha is not that type of person, he'd never hurt her. Especially if they dated, he never could have. He doesn't have that in him. It's stupid of me to even entertain that idea.
My phone vibrated again in my pocket.
From Inuyasha
You going to school tomorrow? I can pick you, if you need a ride
I was glad to see that everything was going to go back to normal, especially after our little talk today.
To Inuyasha
Yeah I got enough absences to have a Saturday School. Swing by at like 7:30, I'll be ready