InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Not Titled ❯ Under the stars and through the mist ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
A/N This is prolly gonna be a one shot.. maybe not sure but prolly.. anyways.. if you wana know who this story is about... just read on!
p.s. i don't own inuyasha.. cause if i did, i wouldnt be writing this *winkwinknudgenudgesarcasticinputrighthere*

And so it begins..

She couldn't stand it anymore! The silence was killing her! What does it take to fall asleep?? She grabbed her weapons and belongings and headed to the nearest hotsprings to try and relax.

He saw her go from up in his tree branch. He had heard her frustrated sighs and heard her movements to try and get comfortable. He had heard and seen all this and yet he couldn't figure out why it had been him and not the monk or Kagome. Shippo even. He wasn't this kind of guy, and yet he still did it.

She could hear something or more like someone following her, though she didn't know who. It sure wasn't Kirara. And it sure as hell wasn't Miroku or Inuyasha. It couldn't be Shippo, he had been snoring against Kagome. And even if it had been Kagome, she surely would've come to talk to her and NOT just follow her. Well whoever it was would just have to follow her, right now at the moment she was just too frustrated to deal with them.

He figured out where she had been going the minute he had tasted the hot, humid air of the hotsprings, about halfway there. 'I'm gonna try and remind myself again why i decided to follow her.. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand nothings coming to mind...'

A frustrated sigh escaped her lips as she turned around and walked into none other than Inuyasha's red chest.

He had been surprised when Sango had turned around. He hadn't been expecting it until she walked right into his chest.

"Why are you following me?!" Sango practically screamed into his face. "W-well I-I Idon't know.." Inuyasha stuttered back. "Pfft! Oh come on! You have to have a better reason other than that!" "Yeash! The ONE time i show any concern at all and she blows it right back in my face!" Inuyasha muttered more to himself than said to Sango. "W-w-w-w-w-w-w.. WHAT!? You were concerned about me? Why Inuyasha? Why?" Sango questioned.

'Oh crap! Don't tell me I actually said that aloud!' Inuyasha thought frantically. "Well of course stupid. You're not fighting like you usually do and your always staring off into space not to mention that your acting like you got something important on your mind!'' Inuyasha replied in a non-chalant manner while crossing his arms across his chest.

"Well, I guess I do have something on my mind..." Sango mumbled, barely comprehensable(<--- is that how you spell it? i can barely say it let alone spell it). "Spill.." Inuyasha said as he continued walking towards the springs, Sango in tow.

"Well I was thinking about my father. Just remembering all the things he taught me. I remember one lesson in peticuliar..." She trailed off thinking about it in her head.

They walked together in a companionable silence for awhile before Inuyasha asked the inevitable. "And what lesson was that?" They had finally reached the springs and Sango had gone behind a bush to undress. Inuyasha found a comfortable spot on a rock nearby, his back turned to the naked Sango. Sango entered the water and thought about what to say next.

"Well.." She started off. "My dad once said that all people are leaders, that just some people showed it more than others. That some were better and some were more good than bad."

"Your father was a wise man." Inuyasha replied in a gentle manner trying to remember his own father when something his mother once said also, popped into his head. "My mother once said something similar to that, she said that some leaders felt their responsibilities more than others too, that once they were a leader, they were always a leader." Inuyasha finished with a regretable sigh. "I just wish i remembered more... More about my mother.." He trailed off.

Sango had listened to him, and had felt his pain. The pain of losing a loved one. The feeling of not remembering scared her to bits. She remembered now, but would she forget? 'Inuyasha has already forgotten most of his memories about his mother, will that happen to me? Except with my father?'

"Oh Inuyasha.. I don't want to forget, but what if I do! I can't remember my father when I'm around Kohaku because it'd just be too painful for him to remember!.. But if Kohaku doesn't make it when Naraku's gone, then I might forget him too..." Sango dissolved into a fit of sobs.

Inuyasha didn't know what to do. That was until he remembered something he would never forget. When he had been little and he had fallen and hurt himself his mother had cuddled him until he had stopped crying and eventually he had fallen asleep in her arms. 'That was always how she'd comfort me.. She'd just give me a hug..' Inuyasha's thoughts trailed off as he decided what to do.

Inuyasha took off the top part of his kimono and left his white under shirt on. When he turned around, he found what he had expected. Sango was close by and she was hunched over crying. Alls he could see of her was her back, that was scarred beyond belief.

He slowly moved towards her. She hadn't even noticed him until he draped his hoari over her shoulders. She had grabbed the fabric and pulled it fully over her, covering her front. She slipped her arms through the sleeves and did up the front.

She was still crying when she turned around and leaned against Inuyasha's chest. He wrapped his arms around her shaking form. Some where during their unexpected conversation, he himself had started to cry, though no where near as hard as Sango.

The tears just slid silently down his cheeks, going unchecked by him. Soon Sango's sobs had subsided and her breathing had evened out, signalling that she had fallen asleep.

Inuyasha finally realized that he was in a hotspring, in water up to his waist holding a sleeping girl. Had this been Miroku in this position, well that was obvious enough. 'I'll take her back to camp but first i gotta get her clothes and weapons..' He thought to himself as he fully picked Sango up and worked his way carefully towards the bank where her clothes were.

'Don't slip, don't slip, don't slip...' Inuyasha repeated it in his head like a mantra. Trying not to slip, he reached the shore line and grasped Sango's possessions in one hand and flung them onto her stomach as he carried her bridale style.

Slowly but surely they made their way back to camp. The sky was starting to lighten to a deep shade of blue instead of the normal dark black, the stars were starting to fade to dim little lights instead of the bright specks that they were during the darkest hour.

When they reached the camp he set Sango down on the ground near the dying fire. "Donlemme.." Sango mummbled quite incoherently. "Say what?" Inuyasha asked rather confused. "DOn't leave me." Sango said more clearly this time while stretching her hands out to grab ahold of Inuyasha's pant leg.

"Okay, okay i won't leave you but I'm gonna just lay down right here." He said pointing to the spot about a foot away, still within reaching distance but with enough room for it to be considered seperate sleeping spaces.

'I wonder what Kagome and Miroku'll have to say about this tomorrow morning... considering that she's wearing my kimono and all..' Were Inuyasha's last coherent thoughts as he drifted off to sleep under the steadily lighting shade of indigo the sky had become.

'What a night... I never knew Inuyasha had that kind ofside to.. him..' Were Sango's last thoughts as she drifted to sleep, subconsiously scooting closer to Inuyasha's solid form.


And thats a rap! i just had to get this story out of my system.. it's about three pages long.. not bad for a one shot.. now alls theres left to do is review! (do it or i'll kill ya.. just kidding.. no but seriously do it...)