InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Old Friends ❯ Distant Lives ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter 2

Distant lives

(A/N): I’m doing both Inuyasha and Kagome so it might be really long depending how long I want to make it. Disclaimer: I don’t own Inuyasha Rumiko Takahashi does haha but I want the ears!!

Kagome lived with the Demon slayers from then on after her father’s death. They lived in harmony with her until that fateful day that centipede demons attacked the village when Kagome was 10 years old. They destroyed the village until it was left in ruins and devoured the villagers. Shinmaru had died protecting Kagome gladly giving his life for hers. A distant Village from the west heard about the destruction of the village and sent a team of slayers to investigate. They reached the village in a time span of two days seeing the large wooden gates falling into themselves…

An 11 year old Sango looked at the gates with amazement; it seemed that before these gates had looked indestructible when she used to visit the village. The sky looked grey with sadness as they crept closer to the gates seeing if any demons had lingered behind. Once the coast was clear Sango walked through the broken gates seeing the massacre that had become of the village. Homes were torn inside out some pounded into the ground. But the only thing that seemed to catch her attention was the lack of bodies.
‘Usually there are at least some bodies left behind’ she thought to herself.

“Miss Sango look!” One of the exterminators beside her said pointing into the distance.

Sango looked into the direction where he was pointing seeing the form of a live human. They ran towards what seemed to be a little girl standing before a grave. The grave had been that of Shinmaru as Kagome bent down to place flowers on his gravesite. She had been covered in dirt and blood from burying the other villagers as well.

“Excuse me are you alright?” Sango asked putting her hand on the girl turning her around.

The sight of Kagome astonished her as soon as she saw the black dog ears on her head along with the blood and grime.

‘A hanyou in this village that is rather odd?” Sango wondered astounded.

“Sango shall we slay this demon?” A female exterminator asked readying her weapon.

Kagome’s eyes grew wide with fear as she heard the words ‘slay’ and ‘demon’

“No wait! Please don’t kill me I’m not a demon! I am a half demon and I did not kill these villagers the centipedes did. They were my family, I have been living here ever since I could remember” Kagome innocently explained.

Sango stared at her in a way believing her, feeling sorry that she had lost her family in a way.

“So what’s your name?” Sango asked Kagome.

“Kagome and may I ask what yours is?” Kagome replied.

“It’s Sango” Sango answered.

Kagome looked at Sango and smiled surprising the demon slayer. She had never met anyone so innocent, so pure, and so sweet in her life. Sango couldn’t help but smile back at the female hanyou. She knew that the girl was speaking the truth by just looking into her eyes.

“Sango take a look at this” the male demon exterminator pointing to the ground behind Kagome.

She gasped as she realized that there had been dozens of graves right in front of her without her acknowledgement. ‘Look at all these graves’ she thought looking at Kagome’s condition ‘She must have buried them and placed all these flowers upon their graves’. She was amazed that Kagome had done this for her own village. Kagome sensed Sango’s amazement a light pink blush appearing on her cheeks.
“So do you have any other place to go?” Sango asked “Because we could possibly use you in our village”

Kagome was astounded by the open invitation “Umm I guess, as long as you will be there with me” she answered.

“Of course Kagome, from this day forward you are my friend and I will
not let anyone harm you” Sango explained flashing Kagome a smile.

Kagome’s eyes lit up “Yes, I would love to join your village Sango. And I’ll promise you that we will be the best of friends” she squealed.

The other slayers looked at the two young girls with amazement on how fast they had become friends. Just like Sango they had noticed Kagome’s purity and Kindheartedness, making them smile at the two newly found friends. Kagome was making friends even though she had just lost her entire village and Sango respected her for her actions.

‘I wonder how she deals with this’ Sango thought.

From that day forward Sango and Kagome became the best of friends as Kagome joined the ranks of Demon Exterminators and Slayers. Her being half-demon helped her rise up among them to become the best beside Sango and her Hiraikotsu and her demon cat Kirara. Kagome grew up to be a fine young woman becoming very strong yet very beautiful. She was what every man in the demon village wanted but she would have none of it. None of the men in the village suited her tastes. All she focused on was training and killing demons they killed during jobs. She wore a black Kimono that was different from Sango’s clothing. (A/N her kimono is way different from Sango’s and Inuyasha’s). her kimono, its sleeves went down to her hands while the bottom in a way formed a skirt that that went about mid thigh. Her clothing was this way so that she could move freely during battle.
She went bare foot most of the time due to the fact she felt comfortable with it. Also instead of gaining her father’s sword when she was an adult she started using it when she was 14 years old. She had started wielding it quite well when she first started out, when she got a little older she could uses its powers. Living in the village really changed her; though she was pure of heart her mouth had become venomous at times. And Kagome was rather scary when she became angry.

Ü*Ü*Ü*Ü*Ü*Ü
(A/N: Time for Inuyasha ;))

Inuyasha had escaped from the villagers though it had cost him his mother; he still managed to get away. She had seen the villagers from a distance and she gathered up some belongings along with the Tetsusaiga that Inu Taisho had handed down to Inuyasha. She grabbed Inuyasha and Escaped before she had realized that the villagers were closer then she had assumed. Inuyasha’s mother was wounded severely as she ran off with him towards the monk’s shrine that was far off. By the time she had made it there Miroku’s father had met her at the gates.

His mother handed him off to them before collapsing and dying in front of the shrine. Inuyasha cried for several days as he stayed with Miroku and his family.

“Mir-oku!” Inuyasha snapped as he punched the lecher in the head.

“Ow ow ow ow Inuyasha what was that for?” Miroku asked holding his head.

“You why you perverted monk, for touching that girl!” Inuyasha replied.

(A/N: Inuyasha and Miroku are both fourteen here, this is not related to Kagome’s situation. I’m sort of playing with time frames haha).

The girl that Inuyasha had been referring to was a maid at the house that they were staying at. She had turned red after being touched by the wandering hand of Miroku, running out of the room after Inuyasha punched him. The knot on the monks head had seemed to grow bigger making Inuyasha smirk at his work.

“that’s what you get for being such a lecher, monk” Inuyasha laughed.

Miroku glared at him, not hitting him since he knew that the hanyou would pummel him in to the ground. Without a word Inuyasha opened the door and walked out in to the silent. Sitting Indian style in the moonlight, he let his mind wander to his inner most thoughts. Miroku was still rubbing his head looking in the direction of where the hanyou had gone glaring at the door.

‘I wonder where he ran off to?’ Miroku thought.

Inuyasha always seemed to walk off by himself to think. Another that plagued Miroku’s mind was what Inuyasha thought about. Inuyasha on the other hand was off on some other planet that was his mind. He thought of the girl that had plagued his mind for years. His best friend whom he had never forgotten, one that he thought about every night. His silence was interrupted by the sound of the door behind him opening. His ears twitched as he heard Miroku sit next to him looking up into the starry night like his friend.

“So Inuyasha what has your mind so distracted?” Miroku asked.

“What’s it to you, monk?” Inuyasha answered.

“Well ever since I met you’ve always come outside anywhere that we could possibly be, to think” Miroku explained.

Inuyasha’s face calmed a little almost becoming soft, “I don’t know I just always have something on my mind” he replied.

“Well what could possibly be bothering you that much?” Miroku asked.

“Umm are you sure that you will not harass me once I tell you” Inuyasha asked with a frown.

“You have my word” Miroku stated.

Inuyasha gave the monk a hard look, “It’s this girl that I used to know, a long time ago,” he confessed.

Miroku’s eyes widened a little “Really? I didn’t know that you knew someone before you came to live with us” he said.

“Yeah I used to live in a small village very far from the shrine, but I was a decent sized village. The girl and I were similar in the fact that we were both half-demons so we had a connection. I haven’t seen her since that day me and my mother escaped from the village to go to your shrine.” Inuyasha explained.

“that is interesting Inuyasha, what may I ask was the girl’s name?” Miroku asked.

“Her name is Kagome” Inuyasha blushed as spoke her name.

Miroku smirked as he caught the faint hint of blush on Inuyasha’s face “I see you knew this girl very well” Miroku laugh with a perverted smirk.

Inuyasha’s face turned beet red with anger and embarrassment “No it wasn’t like that we were really good friends that’s all!” Inuyasha snapped.

“Of course Inuyasha” Miroku laughed.

Before he knew it Inuyasha punched him in the head leaving a huge welt afterwards. Though before Inuyasha could sit down once more Miroku had smacked him in the head with his staff leaving a rather large bump.

“So… why do you think of this girl Inuyasha?” Miroku asked, “there must be something that makes you think of her.”

“I don’t know Miroku. I have no idea if she is alive. Since the villagers back then made an attempt to kill me, they could have killed her.” Inuyasha answered seriously.

Idea of Kagome’s death knocked Inuyasha off of his feet. He wished no ill will upon Kagome, the only thing he wanted was to see her again. They had been separated for four years and it had seemed like just yesterday for the half demon.

‘Kagome I know you’re out there somewhere, maybe we’ll meet along the path that me and Miroku have chosen.’ Inuyasha thought looking deeply at the moon.

(A/N: aww the love begins….. I think hahaha. Review please!!! Reviews help very much with the writing and suggestions do too. Chapter three will be up as soon as I can be patient. ^.^)