InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ On the pain of death ❯ Must have a word with the reader. ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Mindfreak: Hey guys! I just wanted to get a shout out before starting the story. If there is or has ever been a problem with my work spelling wise, I blame it on Microsoft word. That is my “beta”. Because I'm horrible at giving reviews and I now see why people want them (I have none, or I can't find them) I shall give a shout out to all my inspirations or my favorite authors on this site, so if I call you out, let me know you've read this.
*Blue Utopiah
*CrimsonInHumanBlood
*Kogachic
*Lady Ivy
*Youkia Obsessed
Great authors! Now on with my story!
 
 
 
She grinned into the darkness as she sensed the approaching group. She laughed at their carelessness. Then she turned to the glowing surface on the far wall of the cave. The glowing circle gradually changed colors as it awaited it's commands.
 
“Show me Malakai.” She commanded, her smile betraying her stern voice.
 
The glowing substance rippled continually as an image began to form, Kai's face. Battered and blood stained. His luscious blue hair caked with dry blood as his messy bangs shadowed his velvety blue eyes from her sight. His face held a look of agony from what she could see. Then she gasped at what she saw next. Kai was crucified against the cave wall. Throwing daggers nailed each wrist as well as his ankles, binding him to the cave wall. Gashes covered his naked form. His abs crusted over with dry blood just as there was clear infections building in the many wounds that grazed his body. She looked to his face once more and noticed the facial markings that donned the side of his face. Twin streaks of blue ran down his cheeks to his chin. The outer streak thicker and longer than the one beside it.
 
`How?'
She wondered to herself as she absorbed what the imaged held. She continued her intense stare, taking in the small movements that Kai was making, informing her that he was still alive. Yet the movements were still microscopic. Any ordinary human eye would have missed them, also informing her that he was barely hanging on.
 
`Is this why Machiavelli came? To save Kai?' She wondered as she began to pace, glancing at Malakai each time she passed the glowing image. `No! She is far too heartless for a task such as this. Unless there is something in it for her.' At this, the angel stopped to pondered this, glanced at Kai then shook her head. `No, that cannot be it.' She resumed her pacing. She waved dismissively towards the glowing image which at her signal returned to it's original stance. Merely changing colors. She crossed over to the mouth of the cave.
 
`Unless…' She continued to ponder. `Unless she has other motives that have little to do with Kia…' She gazed into the horizon of endless trees. `Or maybe…' She began. `Unless…'
 
And with that she took to the sky, heading towards the source of her thought.
 
(BTW: If you leave a review, and please do, tell me where you think the angel is going. To Machiavelli whom is there with a suspicious motive or Malakai whom is crucified to a cave wall, near death and whom no one knows why he is there or if they even know he is there at all. Let me know.)
 
 
 
Anastasia sighed as she watched the two lovers return from their quiet time together. And it certainly did not require a demon's senses to sense the arousal that was heavily laden upon Adrea. Apparently she would never get through to them. She mentally growled at the two lovers adjacent to her and silently wished that Angel and Jade could be as discreet as the other lovers. She closed her eyes and tried to gather her patience yet failed as Jade voiced her pleasure.
 
“Would you two pick a place other than this one to continue this blasphemy?!” Anastasia screeched, causing Inuyasha to frown in his sleep.
 
Angel just gave her a disturbed looked with a sensual smile. “You're just jealous cuz you can't get any of this.” He murmured, lust thick in his voice. “Tell me,” he continued. “Do you want some of this?” He asked, his hands roaming his torso. At this, Jade growled and slapped her lover. Hard. Then she stormed off without another word.
 
Angel sighed his displeasure as Mereyck and Dereyck howled their mirth in fits of laughter. Somora rushed to her sister's side to calm her and Ryouku comforted Adrea who was most confused by the sudden out burst. Kagome sighed as she looked over Miroku, whom was unconscious due to his recent exploration on Sango's body. Naraku sighed as he leaned against the tree.
 
Machiavelli wasn't kidding. This was an unruly bunch. Save for Lucifer, whom was looking over the horizon with great boredom and Sesshoumaru, whom continued to pick over his food, away from the group. Naraku closed his eyes to enjoy such a rare moment of peace. Unfortunately, this was cut off as Naraku opened one eye to see Kouga standing before him.
 
“What now?” He grumbled, unhappy that he couldn't rest a moment.
 
“We should be on our way to where ever the captain is sending us off to!” He demanded to the impatient hanyou before him. “Not dawdling around!” Then before Naraku could say a word Koga leaped away, attacking Inuyasha for being too close to his woman. (Mindfreak: Gotcha there didn't I? I know this sooo wasn't expected. And for those who don't know any better, I was being sarcastic! Now tell me, those who are gracious enough to review, show shall get Kogame? Koga? Or Inuyasha? Let me know what you think!). And of course Inuyasha and Koga had drawn swords and were at each others throats while the crew, most of the crew anyway, had gathered around placing bets on the fights outcome. Sesshoumaru simply shook his head in disgust and left while Ryouku placed his lover's back to the fight, not wanting his lover to see such horrid views.
 
That's when Lucifer jumped in with a hot temper.
 
“Enough!” He roared furiously, glaring at every soul before him. Inuyasha and Kouga froze from their previous movements. Inuyasha's fist pulled back and his right hand curled into Kouga's shirt while Kouga's hands were around Inuyasha's neck. They both gave Lucifer blank looks, as if wondering what he meant.
 
“This ends now.” He commanded to all, not just the fighters. “Kagome is not a prize to be won!” (Mindfreak: Doesn't that so sound like Jazmen Aladdin?). At that Kagome ran up to the fearsome fighter while each fighter dropped each other to gasp as they watched the very girl they loved wrap her arms around Lucifer.
 
“Thank you so much!” She exclaimed, pressing her head into the man's chest. “At least you understand me.”
 
“That's nice,” Lucifer grumbled as he gently pried the woman away from his torso, already regretting that he had come to her rescue. She pulled back, looking to him in confusion for what he had done. It wasn't too long before she was staring into the man's back. “Let's go!” Lucifer called out, stirring everyone from their resting place. And with that Angel smirked.
 
“Okay!” He called. “Everyone pay up. I won the bet.” And those who had witnessed the previous fight slinked over to cut their losses.
 
“Who would have thought the idiot would be right?” Dereyck mumbled as he handed a small package to Angel. “I never would have guessed that Lucifer would break up the fight.”
 
“That would only mean one thing.” Mereyck mumbled. “You cheated!” He exclaimed as he passed a large amount of cash to Angel. “You told Lucifer to break up the fight.”
 
Angel shook his head. “No, I was with you guys the entire time.”
 
“Then you read his mind.” Miroku muttered as he handed his money over. And Angel rolled his eyes.
 
“We all know that Lucifer is much more powerful than myself therefore I could not have possibly read his mind.” Angel argued with him.
 
“Then you must have sent a telepathic message.” Jade countered.
 
At first Angel merely looked at Jade in surprise before his expression darkened. She dared argue with him…Grrrrr.
 
“Well, if you don't believe me!” Angel spat at them, shocking every last one with the venom dripping on his every word. “Then question Lucifer yourselves.” And with that he turned to Jade with a glare. “And you!” He all but screamed. “You call me a cheater.” It was more of a statement than a question. “And some of this I won for you!” With that he walked away, eyeing the package he took off Dereyck's hands. Yes, he would like this one very much. And with that, he tailed the group with a silly grin covering his face. (Mindfreak: Hmmm anyone know what's in the package?).
 
They began to make their way through the foggy forest, ignoring the strange sounds that erupted from the shadowy mists. The ground his from their view for one, no matter the species, could not see through the dense white fog. Kagome clung to Kouga's chest as he decided to carry her, much to everyone's surprise, Inuyasha let him. Sango clung to Miroku once the majority of the light vanished, giving the shadows of the forest more power over their fear.