InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Once again ❯ It all begins. ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Okay, well, this is an old story of mine and I thought that I should remake it. So here it is.
 
The hanyou's nose twitched and he stood up, looking around with an angry expression on his face. The miko next to him, stood up also, and looked at him.
 
“Inuyasha, what's the matter?” She asked. Of course this was an odd pair. The Miko was strong, beautiful, and also the protector of the Sacred Jewel which all demons and most humans wanted to get. The hanyou, known as Inuyasha, was shunned as a child after his mother died. But after meeting up with the miko, Inuyasha began to change, soften up. All for her. All for…
 
“Kikyo, it's a hanyou girl. An inu-hanyou,” Inuyasha stated, looking over at the girl.
 
“Is there anyone else there?” Kikyo asked, reaching her hand back to get ready to grip an arrow.
 
“No, and the hanyou girl, by the smell, is young,”
 
“Okay then, let's go see her,” Inuyasha blinked at Kikyo and shook his head as if he heard her wrong.
 
“What?!” He cried, looking directly at the girl. “Are you nuts?”
 
“No. And I will go by myself, if it is what you wish,” Her cold eyes shifted over to his and he sighed.
 
“Fine, fine,” And with that, the duo began their way towards the girl. Once arriving where she was, which happened to be in the middle of the forest, they noticed, or rather Inuyasha noticed that the girl was crying.
 
“Oi, brat,” Inuyasha snapped and the girl froze, looking over at them. The little girl had long blonde hair, up in two pigtails, going down to about her waist. Her bangs went to where her eyebrows were. The bangs were on both sides of her forehead, but the center had none. On the center of her forehead, there was an upside down triangle that was light green with a white line going through the center of it. Over her eyes was a soft pink color, which showed off her bright crystal blue eyes. The girl was very small, only going up to Inuyasha's knee.
 
“What is your name?” Kikyo asked, bending down to be around the girl's height. The girl sniffled and bit her bottom lip before quietly squeaking,
 
“Kira,”
 
“What are you doing, crying all alone out here?” Kikyo soothed, patting the girl softly on her head.
 
“M-my sister, Kari, was here w-with m-me, but I c-can't find h-her!” And with that, a new round of tears came from Kira. Kikyo picked up the girl, soothing the small girl.
 
“There there, its okay. My name is Kikyo, and this is Inuyasha. We'll take care of you,” She smiled then frowned when Inuyasha busted out loud.
 
“What!? I ain't taking care of that brat!” He stuck out his hand, pointing at Kira with a scowl on his face. Kikyo frowned and looked at him.
 
“Yes, we'll take care of her,” She glared softly and Inuyasha sighed.
 
“Fine!”
 
Months passed and Inuyasha began to actually warm up to the child. He began to play with her and hang out with her. Kikyo was glad at this and could help but feel like a true family. So they adopted her and her twin sister, which they never met. But then the horrible happened.
 
Kikyo believed that Inuyasha betrayed her and so did Inuyasha. He was pinned to his favorite tree and Kikyo died shortly after pinning him. Kira, well, she did not know what happened. So she began to think that Inuyasha and Kikyo hated her. So she ran away, but before she left, she said her goodbye, whom she thought was just ignoring her.
 
“Inu-kun, I know you don't want to talk to me, anymore, but I have come to say bye. I'll miss you, Papa-kun,”