InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Once In A Lifetime ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
I turned ten on the day I found him lying beneath the tree. Even though I had no one to celebrate with I knew this day was special. I knew that he was special. So despite his icy demeanor and demands for me to leave him be, I kept going back.

It was he that I ran to when the wolves chased me down to tear at my body and spill my blood. When he pulled me back from Death’s gates, I knew my life was changed forever. So I followed him and stayed with him until my aging body no longer allowed me to.

On the eve of my one hundredth birthday, when he showed up at my door, as he did each year on th day that marked my birth, death and renascence, I knew it would be my last chance to tell him. I had lived far longer than any human I had ever known, but my time was growing short.

As I lay in my bed with him sitting beside me, I reached for his hand. It was a liberty I had never taken with him before. Threading my fingers through his, I looked at his youthful face that even time had not marred.

“Lord Sesshoumaru . . . will you remember me when I am gone?” I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t say what I had wanted to say for so long.

He leaned forward and softly touched his lips to my brow. “I will, Rin.”