InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Once in Tokyo ❯ Epilogue

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

* I do not own InuYasha. First Fan Fiction. Be kind.

Once In Tokyo - Prologue

When he bought the office building five years ago he was told it had the best view in the city. He never really appreciated it until now. Seeing the sun's golden rays cast warm across the Tokyo skyline. How he could see the darkness slowly filling the sky, millions of twinkling lights flashing forth. The sun slowly sinking, the light became more dazzling and bright. He was lost in there brilliance. He didn't know how long he stood there watching. The sun was gone from the sky. The moon casting its eery gloom across the city. Darkness had cast its hold, no longer was there warmth to this place.

He looked down into his glass of whiskey, swirling the dark liquid around. The only warmth and comfort he had gotten was from this. The burning liquid running down his throat, brought some warmth to his cold hard body. It never lasted long only smothered the hurt inside. Looking down at the glass in disgust, he threw it away from him. But he needed something, anything. So cold inside, he was almost dead.

Looking down, he could see the change from business day to party life had taken place. It was the same everyday he thought. I use to be one of those people going home seeing my wife, taking her out on the town. She was always trying to bake something. Flour covering her face, fingers covered in dough. Smiling up at me, telling me not to touch her. Wrapping my arms around her, swing her around the room. Bringing a smile to my lips, hearing her laughter ring out. Making my day so much sweeter bring happiness to my heart. Just hearing her chastise me for getting my suit dirty. That memory was long ago never to be relived.

He wished he could forget. That the scene would stop playing every time he closed his eyes. If he could just have one night of peace. To not see her twist and turn in agony, calling out to him. He was helpless, knowing he could do nothing for her. If he could only take her pain, her misery. The memories just kept on playing, his heart breaking every time. The hurt never leaving his body.

If only. . .

If only. . .

He needed to move on to get over it. But the memory just kept playing fresh in his mind like it was yesterday. Everything was different now. He couldn't stand going home anymore. Walking into the house he had built for her. Seeing her in every room. All the memories flooding back to him. Breaking down that wall he had built agianst the pain. Sleeping in the same bed she died in. Remembering how he held her in his arms till the last breath. He knew he couldn't go on like this. It was eating him up inside. He grabbed the whiskey bottle and took a drink. Just this one night he would like to forget.

Sesshoumaru sat in his chair watched as the night got darker and the lights got brighter still. He sat in his guilt of all the things he could have done. All the things he should have done. He drank and drank. Hoping the misery would end. Morning was just so close yet so far. Maybe the morning sunshine would warm his soul. Like the dew upon the grass bring warmth to the earth and to his heart.