InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Once Upon a Time ❯ I can't wait to see you again ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Hey guys. Rane here! I'm sorry that this chapter has been so long in coming. Thank you for reviewing. I hope that you'll all continue to do so. Like I said in my author's note, I just restarted school (after a week off it was hard to come back) and I have a shit ton of homework to do (X.X). So I'm going to be a bit slow in getting chapters out. I'm also starting a new fanfic, this one is going to take me a while to even get the first chapter up because I'm writing it for a friend of mine and I'm going to okay every chapter with her ahead of time. So please forgive me if I don't get a chapter a week up. I have a lot of papers that I need to work on, but I promise that with what little free time I have I will be working on this and the new fic.
SO HERE IT IS!!! CHAPTER FIVE!
Chapter Five “I can't wait to see you again”
 
*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*
 
Today was Kagome's 20th birthday, she had waited three long months and still there was no sign of Sesshomaru. She sighed as she shifted in the tub, she couldn't hug her knees because her stomach was too big, she felt fat and horrible and lonely and all she wanted to do was cry. Shifting again she placed both hands on her stomach, she was due within the month, unlike human pregnancies, Inu Youkai had their pups after only 4 months, and she didn't want to go through that without Sesshomaru.
Kagome stood, letting the water roll down her body before grabbing a towel to wrap around her body. How was she supposed to celebrate her birthday when her mate was still missing? Getting out of the tub she looked in the mirror, she had grown accustomed to the differences in her appearance over the last few months, and it was starting to get hard to believe that she hadn't always been a Youkai. Kagome could remember how her body used to move, slow, sluggish, with little grace, now she was quick and moved with a grace that amazed those around her, even her other demon friends. She toweled herself off, getting dressed in a simple white sun dress.
 
*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*
 
Meanwhile in another part of the city, Sesshomaru was starting to wake from the spell that had been put on him 500 years before. Miroku and Sango had made sure that the location where his castle had been would survive the ages by putting a barrier around it, making it look like it was just another mountain in the area. Shippo had done an amazing job with the “business” as it were, making sure that Taisho industries had its hand in just about everything. So when Sesshomaru woke up all they would have to do is educate him in how things were done in the 21st century instead of trying to start him off with nothing.
Miroku stood over the slowly awakening Sesshomaru, his face calm, but there was a nervousness in his eyes that he tried to hide. Sango was by his side, clinging to his hand, her worry written clearly across their face. They were both wondering the same thing, had they preformed the spell correctly? But as Sesshomaru started to open his eyes and look around they both seemed to slump against one another. He was alright.
Slowly Sesshomaru sit up, he looked around and was a bit surprised to see that nothing in his bed chamber had changed. Then it hit him, the smell, the noise, the… well… everything, it was all very intense and overwhelming and it took everything he had not to cover his nose and gag. This was how Kagome lived? How had she managed it? Looking over at Miroku and Sango he frowned, just where was Kagome, she was supposed to be here when he woke up. Growling low in his throat, Sesshomaru brooked a finger at the two of them.
“Where is my mate?” Though his voice was scratchy from sleep, his eyes shone with anger.
Sango was the one to stand up to him. “Kagome is at her shrine, we thought that it would be better for her if she didn't know that you were like this. She has been very moody the last few months, especially now that the baby is about to be born. We didn't want to add to her burden.”
It made sense to Sesshomaru, but he didn't want sense, he wanted his mate, and damn it he was going to have her. He had waited 500 years, granted he had been asleep for all 500 of those years, but he had dreamt of her, dreaming of the day when he would be able to see her, hold her again. Again he growled and stood up, quickly adapting to the feel of this new time era.
“Where are my clothes?” He knew that he wouldn't be able to wear what he had slept in, they were 500 years old, and seeing as how he remembered how Kagome used to dress, it wasn't how they dressed in this day and age.
Miroku and Sango looked at each other, slightly scared, they hadn't gotten him any clothing because they weren't sure how tall he was going to be with the concealment spell. But neither of them really wanted to tell him that.
“We'll go get them for you, but first you have to see Shippo.” Miroku led Sango out of the room, while Shippo came in holding Rin's hand.
“Sesshomaru-sama.” Rin walked over to Sesshomaru and hugged him tightly. “I'm so happy to see you awake again.”
“Rin?” His eyes narrowed on Shippo and he growled again. “You mated my Rin?”
“He waited until I was eighteen Sesshomaru-sama.” Rin smiled at him. “We have been very happy, and waiting to have pups until you were awake to see them born.”
“Speaking of pups, we're going to need to get you concealed so you can go see Kagome, she's been really depressed the last few days. Today is her birthday and she still doesn't know if you're alive,” Shippo walked over to Sesshomaru, holding out his hands and muttering a spell that changed Sesshomaru slightly, he still looked like himself, only he was shorter, no longer over seven feet tall, now a staggering six-six, and his ears looked human, and his markings were gone. “There now, you'll blend in.”
“I just want to be taken to Kagome. Now.” Sesshomaru looked down at his hands and frowned, his claws were gone, and he wasn't sure how happy he was about that. He sighed and looked at Shippo, with a raised eyebrow.
“Right… Kagome…” Shippo pulled out a pair of jeans and a tee-shirt from a backpack he had carried in with him. “Wear these, we want you to blend in so as not to give Kagome any grief.”
“This Sesshomaru would never give his mate grief.” So he glared at the offending articles of clothing that were far too tight for his liking and pulled them on, anything to get to Kagome faster. “Now can we leave?”
“I think that's best.” This time it was Rin who spoke, “We're going to be late to Kagome's party as it is. We'll need to hurry.”
Shippo could only nod as he looked at Sesshomaru, this was going to be interesting, he just hoped that the shock of seeing Sesshomaru again wouldn't give Kagome a heart attack.
“Let's go.”
 
*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*
 
 
 
Okay so I know this took me FOREVER to get up, and I'm sorry about that, but there really wasn't much I could do about that. School after spring break is CRAZY, I have a lot of papers I should be doing instead of working on this fanfic, but I couldn't help myself. It's been over a month since I last posted and I wanted to make sure I got this up. Though from now until May 8th it's going to be real hard to work on this, so just hang in there okay?
 
Hope you enjoyed. Rane