InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Old Life but a New Beginning ❯ Secrets Unleashed ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 7



“You guys! You scared me half to death!” she yelled as a slight blush of embarrassment crossed her face. Souta laughed and hugged his sister.

“Happy 18th birthday, Kagome!”

“Kagome, we thought we should head out for today and spend the whole day out of the house. So, go get your bathing suit, towel, and sun screen. Also bring a set of clothes. We are leaving in a half hour. I’m sure you’ll be ready by then.” Her mother instructed. Kagome had a confused look but did as she was told. Twenty minutes had already gone by and Kagome stood there beside her bed. She already her swim suit under her clothes that covered her body. Kagome raised the tip of her tail and put it in her hand. She had her cheek against the small ball of fur and felt it to be soft as baby’s skin. She turned to her bag and found it already packed.

Please tell me what you’re thinking. The phoenix blade pulsed.
“It’s nothing.”
It’s Inuyasha, isn’t it?
“How would you know about these things? You’re just a sword.”
I beg to differ! You try and live with that stubborn dragon for almost all eternity. I’d like to put you in my place and see how you like it. And I’m not just a sword. I am a weapon used for battle and to bring peace. Where is that dragon anyway?
“He’s in the Feudal Era. He said he needed to talk to a friend of his, what ever that means.” Kagome sighed. “Besides, I thought you two were supposed to be brothers.”
Oh no. They just portrayed us like that. 300 years after we were made, we became more acquainted with one another and then we became lovers. He is so much like Inuyasha, I finally realized. But anyway, sounds like he’s doing something nice for a change. Now, let’s stop worrying and let's start having a nice birthday with you’re family. Your 30 minutes are up. Wouldn’t want to keep your mother waiting.

Kagome realized this and quickly headed out the door when suddenly she felt a tug on her tail. She turned and realized that it was wrapped around the leg of her bed. “Uhh! I don’t have time for this!” She quickly untangled it and threw it over her shoulder. She then grabbed her bag and ran down the stairs. On the way, she had noticed that the rain had stopped and the sun had shone in a clear blue sky. At the living room, something caught her nose. It was a honey smell, sweet and it mad Kagome’s mouth water. With hunger in her eyes she followed the scent into the kitchen and saw her mother stuffing food into a picnic basket.

“That smells good, mama. What did you pack?” Kagome asked wiping away the drool from her chin before her mother saw her.

“Well, I packed some lunch meat sandwiches, some fruit, and some rice crispy squares coated in honey. Now I see you’re ready. Let’s be on our way, Souta and Grandpa are outside waiting.” Her mother told her. When Kagome got outside, she saw her grandpa holding a necklace with a dragon pendant. The dragon was made of pure silver as was the chain.

“Kagome put this necklace on. It will hide all of your demon features and will portray you as human. Never take it off when we are not here.” Her grandpa instructed. As Kagome put it on, her family started to see the changes and smiled with satisfaction.


Meanwhile back in the Feudal Era, Inuyasha was walking towards the well when he saw Kagome’s sword off farther away. He went towards it when he felt Tetsuseiga pulse. When he got close, the sword zapped him as he tossed it off his side but had a firm grip on it.

“What’d ya do that for?!?!” he yelled.
I must speak with the Dragon’s blade. Apparently he wishes to speak with me about something.
“Alright, but I ain’t goin no where! I’ll be up here if you need me.” He assured. He laid the sword next to Kagome’s and leaped into the tree.

“Okay, I need your help getting the pups together. It’s aggravating for me to see these two give each other hints but believe that they aren’t right for each other.” Said the dragon.

“I’m glad we agree. I was going to try the same thing. I was about to tell him of Kagome’s birthday when something distracted him. So when he comes back down, I’ll see if he’s going to do something about it. What do you think he should get her?” Tetsuseiga said.

“Well……….he could get her a necklace of some sort.”

“No I think that would be too original. Wait! I have an idea. I’ll have to make sure it’s okay with Inuyasha. Well, since Kagome isn’t here, I guess you’ll have to come with us. That is if you don’t mind.”

“Oh no. Let’s just get on with the plan. We’re burning daylight here!”

Inuyasha looked down and saw the Tetsuseiga pulse, so he jumped out of the tree and picked up the two swords. He then walked back to the village. When he got into Kaede’s hut, he sat down Indian style, folded his arms, and stared into the fire pit with his sword against his shoulder. “Inuyasha, don’t you think you should get Kagome a present?” asked Tetsuseiga.

“Yes, but I don’t know what to get her. I was thinking about that perfume that she always liked when we passed by that shop. Personally, I think it reeks and would taint her natural scent. But then again, there was this little music box that she might like.” Inuyasha explained.

“Well, are you going to give it to her personally or are you just going to drop it off in her room?”

“I was going to do it personally but since you put it that way, I’m liking the second choice better.” After he said this, the sword zapped him. “What?! I was going to leave a note and maybe a………uh……..flower.” Inuyasha muttered out the last word.

“Well, what are you waiting for? Get that box, grab a flower, write a note and hurry up and drop it off before sundown. She’s going to be out for the whole day. If I know her mom, she’ll want Kagome to have a birthday out doors.”


An hour went by and the only thing Inuyasha had to do was write the note. “Man! Why does the note always has to be the hardest thing to do?” he complained. He looked down at the note and read it over again. “I guess this’ll do.” He said to himself. He folded the note and stuck it inside the box. He took the flower in the other hand and went through the well. He came out of the well house to find the sun shining in his eyes. He figured it was about noon. He climbed the tree that lead to Kagome’s window and entered her room. Inuyasha neatly set his gifts on her bed and was walking out when he noticed a small book sitting on her desk with a pen next to it. On the front, it had a sunflower that looked like the flower he got her. He smiled briefly when he thought Kagome and her liking these types of flowers crossed his mind. On the cover it said:


Higurashi Kagome
My Diary


He has heard Kagome talk about these things so he opened it and read the first entry.


Dear Diary,

You are the only one that I can tell this to. I have to get this out of me some how. Inuyasha is so handsome, no, beautiful. I try so hard not to drop hints but somehow I just do. Sango caught me today and found me out of my secret. She explained to me all about mating and how Inuyasha is to choose one soon. She says she doubts that he’ll find one. If he does I hope that someone is me. I can picture it now, Mrs. Kagome Higurashi Akanata. But that’s only in my dreams. Someday I’ll get the chance to express my true feelings for him but not anytime soon. I now realize that I have too many things bottled up inside of me so I started this diary. I feel so much better and I can now fight a little better too. Knowing my luck he’ll choose Kikyo to be his mate. Well, that’s enough for tonight.

Kagome


Inuyasha blushed a deep red and gulped at the word “mate”. He then realized that mating season was only a few weeks away and that he had to gather his courage and ask her for her hand. But then another thought came to him and realized that the situation he was in wasn’t going to score high points with her. He looked back to the gift and hopped that she would accept it. He flipped the page and saw another entry, so decided to read it when he got back home. He stuffed the book into his haori and jumped out of the window, making his way back to the well house.