InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Shot Series ❯ I Miss You ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“I Miss You,” by Blink 182
 
 
* Hello there
The angel from my nightmare*
 
InuYasha woke up from a nightmare. Sweat was literally pouring down his face. `Kagome,' he thought glumly. It has been three months since she committed that horrible suicide. The image of her twisted, limp body kept appearing into his mind.
 
No matter how hard he tried to get rid of that image, it always found a spot in a part of his mind and torture him when he's sleeping and when he's not. He always cursed at it.
 
Everybody took it hard when they found out about the suicide and mourned for her for a very long time and yes, InuYasha did get the last two shards and he had to ask Kikyo to purify them. He didn't want to go to her, but he had no choice whatsoever. He kept the Shikon no Tama in his possession.
 
*The shadow in the background of the morgue
The unsuspecting victim
Of darkness in the valley*
 
`Kagome was a victim of the darkness that hid itself in her mind, but that was partly true. I caused her the sadness, the heartache, and grief. It's always my fault when she is hurt inside,' he thought.
 
*We can live like Jack and Sally
If we want*
 
InuYasha walked over to the God Tree. He ran his hand over the spot where we was under Kikyo's spell for fifty years until Kagome released him. Then, he walked over to where her ashes were buried. Her family didn't mind her being buried there, since they knew that Kagome was so happy being there.
 
He knelt down and placed flowers onto her grave while he was walking there. He started to cry. “Kagome, Kagome, Kagome, I am so sorry that I caused you so much pain. Fuck! You shouldn't have ended your life like that!” he cried.
 
*Where you can always find me
And we'll have halloween on christmas*
 
“I want to see you again. I want to hold you and kiss you and tell you that I love you, but I fucked it up! I always seem to do that. Can there be a way that I can see you? Please, I want to see you,” sobbed InuYasha. A gentle breeze passed by and InuYasha could feel a faint touch rubbing his ears. “Kagome,” he purred.
 
And in the night we'll wish this never ends
We'll wish this never ends*
 
A faint figure appeared before him. InuYasha's eyes widened. “Kagome!” he gasped. It was indeed she. Kagome was wearing a white priestess kimono. Her eyes were a little saddened.
 
“InuYasha,” she spoke softly, “I'm sorry, but why were you going to leave me?”
 
InuYasha's ears drooped. He replied, “I thought I was falling in love with Kikyo and not you. I found out when I saw you…” He motioned his hands over to her. Kagome nodded her head, knowing what he was talking about.
 
Transparent tears started to fall down her cheeks. InuYasha couldn't smell them nor wipe them away since his hands went right through her. He neither could hold her nor kiss her so he could taste her.
 
Kagome raised a hand up and put it slightly on his cheek so it would seem that she was comforting him. InuYasha closed his eyes, imaging the soft, warm, gentle touch. Then, she disappeared.
 
* I miss you
(I miss you)*
 
“Kagome, I miss you,” he whispered and then opened his eyes. He saw that she wasn't there and growled and then howled.
 
* Where are you?
And I'm so sorry*
 
“Where did you go? Why did you leave me suddenly while we could talk a little longer,” he shouted.
 
`I'm sorry Kagome,' he thought once again.
 
*I cannot sleep
I cannot dream tonight*
 
InuYasha stood up and walked away. He walked to the God Tree and leapt up to the spot where he and Kagome usually sat on, slept, watched the sunrise and sunset. He closed his eyes so he could sleep, but he could not. He missed the person he usually had in his arms. The warmth made him feel somewhat secure, that he had everything in the world to live for.
 
*I need somebody and always
This 6 string's darkness
Comes creeping on so haunting every time*
 
Should he die? No! He couldn't do that to his friends. They already lost a close friend; they didn't need another to do that stupid act that Kagome did. But, he needed someone to tell him that he was special, that he was loved, that they liked him the way he was. Just like Kagome had always told him. Kagome.
 
InuYasha looked up to the night sky. Kagome always told him about the constellations and about the universe. He missed those, even though they were both boring and interesting at the same time. He took a deep sigh. How lonely could he feel?
 
*And as I stared I counted
The webs from all the spiders
Catching things and eating their insides*
 
InuYasha observed a spider web that glistened with dew. He saw a fly was caught and tangled in it. A spider scurried towards it and covered its prey with more webbing. Soon, it will eat its prey.
 
That is what InuYasha felt. Trapped. Tangled in life itself. He didn't know what to do. He never felt so depressed over someone's death. The last time he felt like this was when his mother passed away.
 
`How depressing could my life get?' he questioned himself.
 
*Like indecision to call you
And hear your voice of treason*
 
`Kagome betrayed me. She did fucking suicide,' he angrily thought. He swapped at the spider web and shook his arm since it was caught. He made a slight look of disgust. He always hated spider webs. Although, he thought the Spider-Heads were the worst. He chuckled at a memory. Kagome was accusing him being scared of the Spider-Heads, but that wasn't true. He was going to be human that night, since it was the new moon.
 
*Will you come home
And stop this pain tonight?
Stop this pain tonight*
 
InuYasha's heart started to cry. He grabbed his chest. He couldn't take it anymore. He needed Kagome to be here, with him. He sniffed and wiped the tears away from his cheeks that escaped from his eyes without him noticing.
 
*Don't waste your time on me
You're already the voice inside my head*
 
InuYasha could hear Kagome laughing and saying his name. He was shaking his head, trying to get rid of it, but failed. It was stuck and there was nothing he could do about it, ever. InuYasha sniffed and blinked back tears that were threatening his eyes again. “Kagome…”
 
*(I miss you)*
 
A picture of her face smiling and running towards them with an outstretched hand popped into his mind. He tried to reach out, but couldn't grasp her hand. Then, she was giggling and her face started to blush.
 
“InuYasha!” she laughed and blinked.
 
*You're already the voice inside my head*
 
InuYasha bowed his head down and was crying loudly. “Kagome…”
 
*(I miss you)*
 
 
~There is a sequel to this story and it is called “Soon.” It is rated NC-17.