InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Shots ❯ Sick of It All ( One-Shot )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
A/n: Disclaimer: Rumiko Takahashi owns Inuyasha, and Sick of it All is performed by Finger Eleven. *smirks* only the beautifulness of the fic which is presented by I is mine… *thumbs up* And now is when you hit me with something… preferably really soft or hard. Something I won't see coming! ^_^!

Luna-


Sick of it All


Are the sins getting staler…?

A young, forlorn girl looked down the edge of the cliff, her heart lurching in her chest at the sight of the fall… She supposed it was now or never, since the past was something that was hot on her heels and she couldn't escape it so easily.

Does every moment move past you…?

The innocence of yesterday was nothing but a whisper on the wind now, and she couldn't quite grasp her fingers on it… The happiness that should have been hers, the future she so brightly envisioned was now no more than a broken dream that was sailing away from her delicate fingertips…

Or does it feel like forever…?

The wind tossed her hair violently, pressing her to make a decision. Now or never. They were going to come for her, laughing at her for being so weak… A weak human girl that was such a coward, she couldn't even control her own life…

Well shouldn't you be laughing, too?

…The ocean's waves crashed angrily against the Western cliffs… Her haunted gaze lowered to it, and she wasn't sure if she was quite ready to fall in to its embrace quite yet… The memory was too fresh of what they saw in her, and what they said to her…

Take a look how they found you…

Turning slightly to look behind her, casting a quick look back at the castle that illuminated the night like a haven in the sky, perched high on the ravine… Happiness and laughter echoed within those walls, ringing within her memory like a distant dream that no longer belonged to her…

Take a look to what they've done to you now…

They had crowded her, demanded what a weak, ningen female was doing amongst youkai. She had no place in their society. No place by his side… and she wasn't even sure he wanted her there. She wasn't even sure she belonged there anymore…

So what was it they wanted?

It was so easy when she was a child, constantly tailing by his side… he never seemed to mind… by as she grew in to maturity, he seemed to distance himself… Her eyes became clouded and blurry, and though she had promised herself she wouldn't cry…

Sullen and haunted…

… she just couldn't stop the crystalline rain that fell from her twilight like tragic poetry, betraying her own wants and self-proclaimed idiocy.

…if only you saw it coming…

She felt herself take one step forward, as if trapped in an unending nightmare… tiny rocks that fell from the cliff side beguiled her further, compelling her to return to the sea…

How far down would you fall…

It was entrancing, the way the sea began to lull her, soothing the painful ache that gnawed at her insides, causing her to tremble from the force of it… how long had it been since she had felt this way?

…if you never came up again?

… too long… too long since the happiness shone in her eyes toward the one beautiful face that had managed to capture her heart and seal her soul away like a caged bird that sang to be free once again…

Cause you're so sick of it all…

…Another unaware step forward had her teetering on the edge, and perhaps in the wind was graceful enough to blow her way… it would send her flying in to the depths…

And you want to change everything…

A deep, resounding tenor from far away broke into the hazy edges of her mind, calling her back to reality with a gentle tug…

Just how deep would you go…?

But the warmth inside at the thought of ending it all drowned out the cold reality, and not much seemed to break through her dream…

To see through it all…

“Rin!” the voice forced her attention towards it after years of it captivating her. She could not so easily ignore it… not so easily let it go…

If you could consume her…

Her eyebrows came together, furrowing in confusion, trying to place the familiar voice… The enchanting tenor that reasoned with her soul, trying to draw her back to the land of the living…

Would you say you were finding your way out?

But she did not want to be so easily consoled, drawn out of her hiding place… a place of secrecy she treasured, something she could not voice that she would carry with her and she fell in to the murky depths and let it drown out her memories.

Is anything coming clearer?

Still the voice was calling out for her, a trace of guilt and sadness lacing through its delicacy. Wasn't it supposed to be strong, confident?

Smashing your mirror…

She knew… knew it was now or never. Before the voice reached to her, before it reminded her of what she so desperately wished to forget.

Still you can see you're guilty…

Opening her arms wide to the sky, she faced the sea.

Coming closer, my composure.

She tilted her head up, tasting the spray of the ocean's life gracing her lips… wetting them, inviting her to join them…

Turning inside out in her…

She let her body begin to slide forward, every movement relief for her… she was flying again…

Calling home, all alone…

“RIN!”

You can call and I won't answer…

Anything left in her mind faded away as the wind caressed her body, kissing her sorrow away and returning the favor by absolving her in to darkness…

Any question in my head…

A moment of eternity passed, and she knew then what it must be like to be immortal…

Remains until you feel the same…

And all that burned behind her eyelids were those smiling sunlight eyes while she lifted up a small bouquet of flowers to her only love, acceptance and kindness in return for her faithfulness as his face slowly faded away in to white…

Never telling how I felt is all I ever cared about…

The tears left in the wake of her flying were never known…



How far down would you fall…?
If you never came up again…
Cause you're so sick of it all…
And you want to change everything…
Someone somewhere should know,
If you want to come back around…
Just how deep you would go,


To see through it all…