InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ One Year's Time ❯ Illusions and Movies ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Kagome yawned and climbed out of her bed stretching her shoulder. It was mostly healed now except for a few sore spots that were tender to touch. The stitches were out and she was glad to be rid of the constant itch. She moved to her window to look past her curtains into the courtyard. She saw both Inuyasha and Sesshomaru moving boxes for her grandfather. She smiled. It had been nearly eight weeks since the well had mysteriously sealed and trapped them on her side. In that time they had taken up doing chores around the house and shrine no matter how often her mother told them that they were guests.
 
She was really proud of those two they were adjusting well for the most part. Inuyasha was having an easier time than Sesshomaru but that was to be expected. Inuyasha had been to her time several times before. Honestly though it wasn't the problem of Sesshomaru adjusting to people but rather people adjusting to him.
 
Kagome sight as the images of the most resent outing after the mall flashed in her head. Her mother had asked her to go to the grocery store to pick up something to go with dinner and Sesshomaru had offered to go with her. He said it was because Inuyasha was busy playing video games with Sota and she would need an escort. In reality Kagome knew that he was restless and tired of being at the shrine so she allowed him to go with her. The trip to the store was almost normal until they were leaving. Some strange overly pierced person asked Sesshomaru if his moko-moko was a custom buy with the girly tattoos on his face. In the blink of an eye Sesshomaru had the moron dangling by his throat pinned to the nearest coke machine. After some tearful pleading on Kagome's part Sesshomaru released the traumatized youth and stood seething. She placed her hand on his shoulder to calm him and was caught off guard when he turned red eyes on her. Thinking he was angry with her she tried to shy away but he captured her face between his clawed fingers drawing her closer and licking away her tears. Just as quickly as he moved in he moved and turned away. After that he led her back to the shrine with a quiet, “Let's go home Kagome.”
 
`That was the first time he called me by my name.'
Kagome mused to herself as she stepped away from her window and towards her desk. Gently she ghosted her fingers over the two sets of prayer beads laying there. She had bought the materials to make them on a whim that day at the mall. She didn't know why she had the impulse to buy them, but after the incident with Sesshomaru she knew why. The design of the beads was similar to Inuyasha's but they were meant for a completely different reason. She didn't know how she was going to get the beads on the arrogant demons, but she needed to do it soon before they all went crazy from constantly being at the shrine.
 
A loud crash resounded in the courtyard and Kagome rushed back to the window. Down in the yard Inuyasha and Sesshomaru were squaring off with each other. Turning she snatched the prayer beads off of her desk and ran downstairs to go outside. Once there she noticed the multiple boxes scattered across the yard. Inuyasha crouched with claws flexed and teeth barred at Sesshomaru.
 
“I've had just about enough of your shit. What the hell gives you the right to tell me what to do?”
 
“It is my right as your elder to do so Inuyasha.”
 
“Oh so you feel like playing family now when back home you had every chance in the world. Then you would rather try and kill me. What kind of shit are you getting at Sesshomaru?”
 
“I tire of you acting like an insolent child. If I am going to be forced to live with you, you will start acting like the adult that you claim to be.”
 
“I'm acting like a child? I'm… a child?”
 
After watching Inuyasha fight for years Kagome could tell when he was about to attack, and he was about to attack. Knowing she had to stop the two of them before they got into a fight that destroyed the shrine Kagome rushed forward skidding into Inuyasha's direct path as he charged at Sesshomaru. Inuyasha tried to stop his charge but his attempts failed and he collided into Kagome sending them both tumbling into Sesshomaru. They toppled a few times before they landed with Kagome squished between the two brothers. Inuyasha was draped over Kagome's back with his legs resting on the outside of her hips. Sesshomaru was lying flat backed on the ground with his legs tucked Indian style around Kagome's arms. And Kagome, poor Kagome, was stuck under the weight of Inuyasha's body on her elbows and knees with her face pressed deeply against Sesshomaru's hip. Still in a daze Inuyasha and Sesshomaru heard the faint sound of someone calling his name in the distance.
 
“Mmnuahsa. Ed ov.”
 
Feeling something brushing dangerously close to nether regions through the light jogging pants he decided to don that day Sesshomaru looked down to see a mass of midnight waves in his lap. His inner beast purred in delight at the sight and the feel of her body pressed intimately close to his. He fought the urges grind against her shoulder that his inner demon pushed into his mind. Looking along the line of her spine he could see Inuyasha's body tucked against hers as if they were in the middle of mating. He looked up at Inuyasha, whom judging by the blush on his face realized the state of their persons as well.
 
“Edd ovv.”
Kagome yelled again. Desperately she tried to pull her hands out from under Sesshomaru's legs. The two of them may be graceful, most of the time, but they sure as hell were not light. She was contemplating biting Sesshomaru on the hip to get thing moving a little faster when she felt Inuyasha's weight lift off of her back. Sitting up quickly and kneeling between Sesshomaru's open legs she rubbed her sore chin. She figured in the tumble not only did she smack it against Sesshomaru's bony hip but against Inuyasha's elbow as well before that.
 
The sight of Kagome between the two of them caressing her face with her eyes closed almost made them want to put her pack into her previous position. The glare she sent them when she opened her eyes crushed those thoughts and their libidos along with them. She hissed at them from between clenched teeth.
“I aught to knock your heads together for starting a fight on the shrine grounds. What the hell were you fighting about any way?”
 
“He started it. He said I was acting childish.”
Inuyasha crossed his arms and turned his nose up away from Sesshomaru.
 
Kagome just stared at Inuyasha. With what he just said, how he just said it, and the way he looked the only words that came to mind were `well duh'. Sighing deeply she rubbed he fingers against her forehead. The combination of those two added to the ache in her jaw was starting to give her a headache.
 
“I was merely teaching you manners Inuyasha.”
 
“How, by forcing them down my throat?”
 
“By whatever means necessary to get you to understand.”
 
“Oh you mean by your ways.”
 
“If they work.”
 
“Well they don't seem to be working, dumbass.”
 
“Ingrate.”
 
“Bastard.”
 
“Cretin.”
 
“Enough!”
Kagome yelled ending the volley of insults. To hell with driving everybody else crazy they would just drive her crazy. She had to get them out of the shrine before they drove her crazy.
“That's it. I need to get you both off of the shrine ground before I purify you both. You guys are about to drive me nuts. I was able to handle the little arguments about retarded shit but this is the straw that broke the camels back.”
 
Sesshomaru didn't appreciate being spoken to like a child, but he also didn't deny the fact that he was behaving like one.
“How do you presume that we leave the shrine ground? I will not go out and be insulted again.”
 
“I know you won't. That is why I made these.”
Kagome pulled the prayer beads from her pocket.
 
“Hell no. No way Kagome. You are not slapping more of those fucking beads on me. I won't do it.”
 
“Calm down Inuyasha. These aren't beads of subjugation. These are beads of illusion.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Well instead of being like your bead needing a word to make you well you know. Calm down I'm not gonna say it. These beads whenever they are worn they will hide your demonic attributes that might cause stupid people to say stupid things.”
 
“Yeah right. You're just trying finding another way to slam me face first into the ground.”
 
“When is the last time I actually said the S-word to you?”
 
Inuyasha looked at Kagome in a loss of words. It had been a while since she last said that word to him. And since they got locked on this side of the well she hadn't even said it once. Feeling slightly guilty he snatched the beads from her hand and pulled them over his head.
“Well. Now what?”
 
“I see nothing different with Inuyasha.”
Sesshomaru said taking what was meant to be his set of beads from Kagome's hand. He examined them closely and rolled the beads between his thumb and forefinger.
 
From inside the house they heard Sota calling.
“Kagome, you outside? I need to ask you a favor. I want to take Hitomi on a date tonight but her mom and dad won't let her go with out a chaper-woah. Inuyasha what happened to your ears? They're gone.”
 
Inuyasha reached up to feel for his ears and they were still there on top of his head. He cold feel them flicking back and forth just under his palm.
“What the hell are you talking about kid? My ears are in the same place they have always been. You loosing your mind or something?”
 
“I think you're the one loosing your mind cause I'm telling you your ears aren't there.”
 
Kagome giggled. She reached over to pull the beads from around Inuyasha's neck and nearly burst out laughing when Sota jumped at the sight of Inuyasha's ears reappearing. She put them back over his head and his ears vanished again.
“I made them some beads to conceal their demon traits. Inuyasha didn't lose his ears you just couldn't see them.”
 
“Cool so does the same work for him? Will his demon ears disappear?”
 
“No Sesshomaru's is a little different. His will only hide the markings on his face and arms along with his moko-moko-sama. Go ahead try it Sesshomaru.”
 
Sesshomaru slipped the beads over his head. He felt a slight tingle of Kagome's holy power come from the beads. He winced when Sota started screaming about that being so cool and that he wanted to learn how to do that.
 
“Okay now that we have established that that is cool, what were you asking bout tonight?”
 
“Oh yeah. I wanna take Hitomi to the movies but she can't go without a chaperone.”
 
“Well then, it seems that I need to get these two away from the shrine for a little while and you want to take your girlfriend to the movies. We seem to both need something but you need is greater than my own. I could take them anywhere but you can't take Hitomi out without us. That does seem to be a predicament.”
 
“Kaagoomee. Come on please I'm begging you. I haven't been on a date with Hitomi since before you got back. Please, please, please.”
 
“Alright. We'll take you, but you have to pay for the evening with your own allowance. No asking for mom for any extra.”
 
“Deal. I'm gonna go call Hitomi and tell her that my sister and her boyfriends are gonna take us.”
 
Kagome blushed brightly at Sota's comment. She pretended that she didn't hear him and hoped that Inuyasha and Sesshomaru weren't paying attention either.
 
“So are you planning on telling us what these movies are or are you just gonna drag us along like you did with that mall thing.”
 
“Now first off the mall wasn't my idea and second yes I will tell you about the movies.
`Woohoo distraction from the boyfriends comment.'
Kagome explained to them as best she could what them movies were but she didn't think they would really understand it without actually seeing it. The best way she could describe it was comparing it to the television. She said it was kind of like when they watched a movie on the TV. but there were no commercials and it was in a large dark room filled with people and stadium seating. Getting excited about actually leaving the shrine she also explained to them why most teenagers went to the movies and why Sota most likely chose the movies for a date. Snickering about her little brother being in love she stood and went inside. It had been a while since she had gone out and she needed to find something to wear.
 
Later that evening Sota led Kagome, Inuyasha, and Sesshomaru to Hitomi's house to pick her up. The plan was to get a quick bite to eat at WacDonald's and then off to the theatre. Everything went according to plan. Dinner was interrupted a few times as some girls came over to flirt with Inuyasha and Sesshomaru but a few icy stares and get lost wenches sent them packing on their way.
 
Once at the theatre Kagome and Sota argued over which movie they would see. Kagome wanted to see the new romantic comedy that was out and Sota wanted to see the gory slasher movie that was showing. Hitomi sided with Kagome and Inuyasha sided with Sota leaving the final decision up to Sesshomaru.
 
Looking at the movie posters he thought about what Kagome had mentions earlier about the movies. He didn't think his demon would behave if they were to sit through something he knew he wouldn't pay attention to. Deciding on something that was more likely to keep his attention on the movie and not the woman in the dark with him he motioned towards Inuyasha and Sota as his answer.
 
Sesshomaru took Sota and Hitomi to buy the tickets while Kagome and Inuyasha bought the snacks. Inuyasha could smell the anxiousness radiating off of Kagome. He leaned closer to her in the line and whispered.
“Hey what's wrong with you?”
 
“I just really didn't want to see that movie is all. Movies like that scare me.
 
“Oh come on Kagome. You've seen worse than that in the feudal ere.”
 
“I know. It just there is something different about these movies and what I have seen there.”
Kagome rubber her hands over her arms and shivered.
 
Inuyasha reflexively stilled her hands and rubbed over the top of them to supply them with some warmth. He stepped closer to her and rested his chin on her shoulder. He couldn't help but protect this woman even if it was from something silly.
“Hey. You know I'll protect you right?”
 
Inuyasha's words were comforting. She smiled and lightly placed a kiss on his cheek. Before he could register what she did, she pulled away from him and ordered the movie snacks. Placing a tub of popcorn into of his hands and a drink in the other she picked up the other tub and drink carrier that held the other drinks and led him to where Sesshomaru was standing with Hitomi and Sota. She handed her tub of popcorn to Sota and two of the drinks to Hitomi. Holding on the other drinks she took her ticket from Sesshomaru and went inside the theatre with everybody else following behind her.
 
The movie let out and Kagome exited the theatre pale and shaking. Hitomi was in a similar condition except for the fact that she had Sota to console her and hold her close. For a moment Kagome felt slightly envious but only for a moment. Sesshomaru led the pack to lead them to Hitomi's house. Calming Hitomi down on the way Sota was able to fish for a kiss when he walked her to her door. After she stepped inside and closed the door behind her Sota led the pack back to the shrine whistling the whole way. Once there he jumped the first few steps and looked back at Kagome.
“Thanks sis. That was a great night.”
 
“Great night my ass.”
Kagome grumbled under her breath and she nodded and smile. This was one of the worst nights ever. She spent most of the movie burring her face against either Inuyasha or Sesshomaru's arm because the three dummies decided to pick the scariest movie playing. And if she wasn't missing the movie from hiding she was missing it because the couple making out behind her kept distracting her. She missed the curtail part of the move where the bad guy gets it because she finally got fed up and turned around to yell at them. She didn't realize she missed the saving grace of her dreams until she turned around to see the credits rolling. Now she was going to have a hell of a time sleeping tonight just because she didn't see the bad guys get what they deserved. But oh yes it was a great night…. Not.
 
Kagome stomped up the shrine steps with Inuyasha and Sesshomaru behind her. Once inside she wished them a good night and got ready for bed. After she finished in the shower and no longer smelt like popcorn Kagome climbed into bed, but not before closing and locking her bedroom window. No psycho was gonna come climbing into her window tonight.