InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only Heartbroken ❯ Lost Then Found ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: omg! LAST CHAPTER!!! AAAAAHHHHH!!! O well. theremight be a sequel, but it's up to you! if u DO want a sequel tell so in a review! Remember…it's all up to you!
 
Chapter 14
Lost Then Found
 
Recap:
 
“NO! But nothing!” Kagome shouted, nearly in tears. “Don't ever think of yourself as a lowly nobody ever again! There are plenty of people who love you!”
 
Kagome couldn't handle it any more, tears streamed from her eyes. Inuyasha reached for her and brought her into a hug.
 
“Like who?” Inuyasha asked her.
 
Kagome could barely bring her voice into a whisper. “Your parents, your friends…and me.”
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
Inuyasha's eyes widened with disbelief. Did…she say she loved him? Kagome covered her mouth. Did he hear her? Both sat frozen in the embrace. Stuck in their thoughts, seconds passed that seemed like hours. Neither could move nor say anything. Inuyasha was the first to break the uncomfortable silence.
 
“Did…y-you say you “loved” me?” Inuyasha said, whispering the last part.
 
Kagome thought a moment. Did she? Did she just blurt out the thing she's been trying to deny? Did she love someone again? No. She mentally shook her head. Not someone. Inuyasha. She brought her face up to Inuyasha's and smiled.
 
“It's funny how the one thing you try to hide…the one thing you denied ever since you realized it…you say in front of the one person who wasn't supposed to know,” her smile faded and a sting of guilt hit Kagome's heart when she saw the hurt in Inuyasha's eyes. “Inu, I didn't mean it like that….”
 
Inuyasha's eyes turned from hurt to rage. “You're just like everyone else Kagome!”
 
Kagome felt her heart rip out of her body. It was similar to the feeling when Kagome caught Koga cheating on her. No. It was worse.
 
“Inu, I…” Kagome tried to explain, but Inuyasha cut her off.
 
“Don't `Inu' me Kagome. Admit it! You were too disgusted to admit to yourself you loved a hanyou!” Inuyasha yelled.
 
Kagome could feel hot tears running down her cheeks.
 
“No.”
 
Inuyasha froze, a scowl still fixed upon his face.
 
“What?” he asked.
 
“I said… `No'.”
 
The hanyou was confused.
 
“No to what?”
 
“That's not it….that's not why I choose to deny the fact that I love you.”
 
“Then why, huh?! Why?!”
 
Kagome cried softly, hiccupping every now and then.
 
“I was scared…”
 
“Why the hell were you scared?”
 
“I was scared…I was scared of getting hurt again!!” she finally admitted, crying harder into her hands.
 
Inuyasha winced.
 
“I was scared that I was going to be hurt by the one I loved again,” she cried.
 
Inuyasha pulled her to him.
 
“I'm sorry Kags,” Inuyasha began. Kagome smiled as she cried. `Kags'.
 

”I'm sorry I assumed you were like them. I-I'm so stupid for thinking that someone like you could be so tainted. I'm sorry.” Inuyasha repeated over and over again.
 
Kagome finally settled down. “I *hic* I forgive you, Inu.”
 
“I love you so much Kagome, I would never hurt you, ever.”
 
Kagome looked up at him.
 
Inuyasha smiled and wiped a few stray tears off her face. Inuyasha lowered his face to Kagome's and pressed his lips against hers. They both fluttered their eyes closed and became oblivious to the world around them. Their first innocent kiss immediately turned into a passionate one. They soon ran out of air and broke the kiss.
 
“Hey Kags?”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Could you do me a favor and look in that bag over there where my clothes are? There should be something on top of them,” Inuyasha said.
 
Kagome eyed him suspiciously and walked over to the bag and opened it. Kagome felt tears of happiness run down her cheeks. Right there lying on top of the pile of clothes was the picture of Kagome's family.
 
“Oh, Inuyasha!” Kagome exclaimed, running over to him and kissing him full on the mouth. “THANK YOU!”
 
“Feh, your welcome…” Inuyasha said, turning away to hide his blush.
 
Kagome giggled then let out a yawn.
 
“It's getting late Kagome, you should get some rest,” Inuyasha said bluntly.
 
“Um, can I lay with you?” Kagome asked.
 
The couple blushed and Inuyasha nodded. Kagome smiled and crawled over to the other side of the bed. Inuyasha wrapped an arm around her and Kagome snuggled into his chest. Before they fell into a peaceful sleep…
 
“Oi, Inu?”
 
“Hmm?”
 
“I love you too.”
 
The End?
~*^~*^~*^~*^~*^~
 
A/N: TADA!! so people…do ya want a sequel or what???!!!
 
If not. thank you to all my reviewers! Y'all all convinced me to keep going, even when I wanted to quit. THANK YOU!!!!