InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Only One ❯ Chp.1~So Be It ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Only One

Hi!=) This is my very first fanfic ever, so please, no flames. Also this fic is dedicated to my favorite author, Youkai Yume! Congratulations on finishing "ForgetMeNot." It was ultra kool! Oh and this fic is based on the song by Yellowcard, "Only One." Now without further ado, here's the first chapter!
;0)=I wish I did own Inuyasha but unfortunately I don't.

A young boy lay on the gray weathered grass of a small cliff, his arms supporting the back of his head. He had thick, short, silver bangs that grew wildly, making it impossible to see if he was sleeping or not. He wore white baggy pants and a dark green covering. Slowly opening his perplexing green orbs he stared off into the west, blinking rapidly. The sun shone in his eyes making the usual forest-green to gleam a hypnotic gold. Strange. The mysterious boy thought. Why isn't he here yet? As if on cue an awkward flying cloud came into view, carrying what looked like to be a man with the same thick, wild hair as the little boy. Stepping down from the strange cloud, Inutaisho reached for his son's hand. And Kojiro reached for his father's.

>>52 years later<<

Kagome tossed in her sleep. She was having the dream again. It always started out the same way. She would be lying in a field of tall green grass, looking up at the velvet sky, counting the stars... It always, always, always started out like that, but then it would change, the grass would become short and stubby, turning from it's usual beautiful forest-green to a dull gray. Then everything would turn gray, all except her. A man with silver hair, as silver as the full moon, would come and take her in his arms, lifting her to his heavily toned chest. But that wasn't the part that made the dream confusing. It was the feeling in her stomach that scared her. Butterflies. That's it, I get butterflies in my stomach whenever I see him. She was awake now, staring up at the straw ceiling. Clearing her mind of the mysterious moon demon, she moaned a little turning over to see Inuyasha asleep against the hut's wooden walls. Smiling she crawled over to him and took hold of one of his dog ears. Yawning she began to move her hand up and down. Inuyasha's left ear twitched. Still smiling she grabbed hold of his other ear and began moving her hand left then right. She laughed when he began to whine. Too preoccupied with Inuyasha's fat head, she didn't see one of his bright eyes shoot open to look at her. Inuyasha smiled. This would usually piss him off, but it was Kagome. "Hmph, and what do you think you're doing?"

"Eh? Oh, good-morning," Kagome said happily.

Inuyasha huffed, "My ears are not toys you know."

"Oh, haha, yeah, sorry about that, I couldn't resist."

Inuyasha playfully scoffed, "Is that so?"

He made a move to grab Kagome's ears but was hit in the head with a staff. "What the hell was that for monk?" Miroku look down at his friend and grinned. "You shouldn't chase after women." Inuyasha gritted his teeth. "ME! YOU'RE ONE TO TALK!" Kagome stood up and gave the monk look. He just shrugged and walked out of the hut. Staring at them, Sango, Shippo, and Kirara gave Inuyasha and Kagome death glares. "Sorry guys," Kagome said to her grumpy friends. Shippo sat up and yawned. Then just as quickly fell back onto his futon. Sango rubbed her eyes and looked at the little fox demon. "Kagome, what time is it exactly?" Sango asked tiredly. Kagome looked out the small window, "Oh, I'd say just before dawn." Sango groaned and stood up. "I see, we should already be moving." A loud snore admitted from Shippo.

They were after another jewel shard. Kagome had sensed it last night but they were all too tired to go after it, so today was the day they would claim it as theirs. Taking hold of her arrow she aimed at the bird demon's pumping heart. Narrowing her eyes she let the arrow fly. "Bullseye!" Kagome shouted excitedly hopping up and down on an annoyed Inuyasha. "Damnit Kagome, I'm not a horse!" Kagome laughed and caught the jewel shard in her hand. "Sorry."



"Good job Kagome! You're the best!" Shippo said congratulating her with pats on the back. Kagome kissed his forehead, making him turn red.

"Wow, she seems a little excited, don't you think Miroku?" Sango asked pointingly.

"Yes, you do Kagome, is something special about this jewel shard?"

"Huh, oh not at all, it's just this jewel shard is one of the last ten we need to find."

Inuyasha grunted. Kagome jumped off of his back and attached the new jewel shard to her necklace. "Another jewel shard, another day!" Sang Shippo. Unaware to them, a man with mint rock-crystal green eyes watched them from a familiar gray cliff. "Yes indeed." He sang joining Shippo's annoying chant. "So, Kojiro, what do you think of my, I mean our half-demon brother?" Sesshoumaru asked standing next to him. Kojiro smiled. "He's a weakling without the Tessaiga, he's not a true warrior." Sesshoumaru grinned. "You're right he's not, but you have to admit the Tessaiga is a pretty powerful sword." Kojiro looked at his brother and nodded, it was true, he had seen their father use it before, although he much prefered his sword, the Temsaga, he would help his brother to gain control of what he called "his" destined sword. "So be it."

OK so what'd you think? Was it good? I know it's nothing compared to "ForgetMeNot" but, I'm trying. Please review!